Our stay at the Saratoga Springs Resort

Not sure how this got on to usb outlets but I don’t ever worry if a room has a usb outlet. I purchased an electronic charging station, all the different cables needed for all my electronics and an electronic cord organizer that I use for travel only. Its filled with everything I need while away from home and I keep it in the case and in my backpack ready for my next trip. I do not use these for every day use in my home so they are always ready to go when ever I leave. No hunting for chargers, cords etc. Never finding out that I forgot a cord and have to buy another one, and its no bigger that my Ipad. 17D15179-4A1A-4712-8B95-8531E374DAB1.jpeg6E5D0BB5-ACB2-4325-AEA8-AB7CB8A9A240.jpeg

Not sure how this got on to usb outlets but I don’t ever worry if a room has a usb outlet. I purchased an electronic charging station, all the different cables needed for all my electronics and an electronic cord organizer that I use for travel only. Its filled with everything I need while away from home and I keep it in the case and in my backpack ready for my next trip. I do not use these for every day use in my home so they are always ready to go when ever I leave. No hunting for chargers, cords etc. Never finding out that I forgot a cord and have to buy another one, and its no bigger that my Ipad. View attachment 661389View attachment 661390
We have the same thing in our Owner’s Locker. It’s just convenient for us to have it all there since we never know who is going to need a charger.

But, getting back to SSR, we can’t wait to have a long Thanksgiving stay there. We are meeting family and they loved the video tours of SSR. We like the proximity to DS and the 3 distinct sleeping surfaces in the 1 bedroom.

Not sure how this got on to usb outlets but I don’t ever worry if a room has a usb outlet. I purchased an electronic charging station, all the different cables needed for all my electronics and an electronic cord organizer that I use for travel only. Its filled with everything I need while away from home and I keep it in the case and in my backpack ready for my next trip. I do not use these for every day use in my home so they are always ready to go when ever I leave. No hunting for chargers, cords etc. Never finding out that I forgot a cord and have to buy another one, and its no bigger that my Ipad. View attachment 661389View attachment 661390
We have a similar bag of electronics, including extra chargers for other electronic devices, and a couple of multiport chargers so DH and I each have one. Makes packing for travel much easier!

We have the same thing in our Owner’s Locker. It’s just convenient for us to have it all there since we never know who is going to need a charger.

But, getting back to SSR, we can’t wait to have a long Thanksgiving stay there. We are meeting family and they loved the video tours of SSR. We like the proximity to DS and the 3 distinct sleeping surfaces in the 1 bedroom.
Hope you have a great and memorable time.

When we were younger and focused staying at DVC venues where we could avoid buses, our view of SSR was somewhat similar to the negative poster. Now that we're older and enjoy spending more time sitting, versus walking and standing, we're very much into SSR.
Last July we arrived at SSR to spend a long weekend enjoying the Springs (I love all the restaurant themes). We arrived to a packed arrival portico. We were immediately greeted by a SSR CM with an IPAD. We asked for direction to our room and where I could acquire a I'm Retired button. Just then it began to rain. She asked us to wait for a minute and in like 5 minutes she returned with a button, had noticed we had a grocery delivery and told us she arranged for a ride to our room. So in the pouring rain, shielded by plastic sides, with luggage and groceries on board we were driven to our standard room. The driver said it was against the rules but he drove the cart up into the covered area so we would not get wet while unloading, pulled out a collapsible cart, loaded up our luggage and groceries to lead us off to our room. Then he almost left without a tip but DH caught him. Such great service. We'd never experienced anything like it. The standard room was newly renovated, had a nice water view and was opposite the Congress Park bus station. It was a great location for our Springs odyssey. I have to say I can't wait to return and am hoping to reprise last July's stay this coming July.

BCV owner here. We stayed @ SSR last month and loved it! Different vibe than BC. Relaxing. Really liked the QS @ Artist Point (much better than BC) and the walk or boat to DS.
I really like Artist Point too. I always had really good luck with their evening meals and for some reason they always seem to have the best bacon at breakfast (at least pre-covid they did).

we stayed ay Saratoga last December for the 1st time and loved it. It does have an old school time share charm of 20 years ago, but in a good way.

while not my 1st choice of resorts, any time we need a 2 bedroom again, I would look here first

We'll be staying here for a 2nd time in a 1 bedroom this Sept. Can't wait. We haven't been back to SSR since 2015. I'll admit that when we stayed there the first time I had low expectations but that was largely due to the fact that we ended up in SSR as nothing else was available. It turns out we loved it! Really excited to stay here as part of our split stay with the first half being at our home resort, AKV.

Thanks! My girls (9 and almost 7) are beyond thrilled to be at SSR. They’re already planning for how many times they can convince my husband to go to WoD since they can walk and he no longer will need to drive us all there.
We loved SSR. Easy access to Disney Springs, 2 of the pools have water slides (and there is a water playground for younger kids, if your youngest happens to not be taller than 4 ft), there is a dry playground, 1 bedrooms have 3 sleeping surfaces, we rented a Surrey bike, we did a craft at community hall, and my kids loved the boat transportation to other DS area resorts.

We last stayed at SSR in October 2020. Can’t wait to see the refurbed rooms this summer. This will be our 4th time at this resort.

I wouldn't stay here again at .25 points. I could see into dozens of rooms and could easily throw a tennis ball onto dozens of "balconies" or what I would call slivers of concrete with railings. At other DVC resorts, they have USB charging ports in the kitchen and full sized tables in a one bedroom. Also, they've hired actual landscapers. SSR is the K-Mart of DVC.
Care to share what building/room you were in...Pretty sure others might want to avoid that if possible in reference to seeing into dozens of rooms....

Care to share what building/room you were in...Pretty sure others might want to avoid that if possible in reference to seeing into dozens of rooms....
Yes -5234 because the second room, a studio 6812, was way better - the balcony was twice as big as the 1 bed.

And, despite what others have said, I could most definitely, reach over and touch the balcony next door in 5234.

I would still never choose to stay there again. I did a quick healing trip to OKW to hang out at the pool and the two just do not compare - from the landscaping to the railings and concrete - SSR just looks cheap.

Yes -5234 because the second room, a studio 6812, was way better - the balcony was twice as big as the 1 bed.

And, despite what others have said, I could most definitely, reach over and touch the balcony next door in 5234.

I would still never choose to stay there again. I did a quick healing trip to OKW to hang out at the pool and the two just do not compare - from the landscaping to the railings and concrete - SSR just looks cheap.
There are some DVC balconies have a small wall between them. Those you can easily reach around. Most SSR balconies are a bit apart except for the 1 bedroom/ studio ones aka 2 bedroom lock off.

There are some DVC balconies have a small wall between them. Those you can easily reach around. Most SSR balconies are a bit apart except for the 1 bedroom/ studio ones aka 2 bedroom lock off.
I believe I recall the same wall separation at BWV as well, it certainly isn’t unique to SSR.

All in all the poster who is complaining about that, the USB ports, etc. just simply didn’t like SSR. Nothing wrong with that, it isn’t for them. That said, many of the complaints they have about it could be replicated at any of the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter