Our October 24th-29th VWL Trip for 2021 IMHO

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
Good day everyone,

I just wanted to briefly share our experience at Disney this Fall.

Our Flight: Great Flight (SWA), Our driver RON was there at Baggage Claim after waiting 10min for our luggage to come out. We did a small trip to Publix on Universal Blvd and made it to the hotel safely.

Our VWL Check-IN: We did online check-in, got a few texts, but was ask to see the front desk. My magicband somehow wasn't linked right, but CM Karyn fixed it fast! We checked into our room that was ready when we arrived at 11am-11:30am on Sunday, Oct. 24th

Our Hotel Room (Queen Courtyard): Clean and Tidy, enjoy the new look, but mostly miss the old bathroom setup and the fold-down twin bed with 7-dwarves/Bambi Mural...BooHoo! I liked most of the room updates, but could use another towel bar in the bathroom and a few hooks near the door for jackets/backpack to be hung up. Plenty of outlets, USB Ports everywhere!! Nice Samsung 65'? LED TV. The courtyard rooms are a bit noiser than others, but was fine. The bath had cool Kohler shower head/spray thingy and barndoor glass doors....but kindy clunky working, but looked cool. I miss the shelf about the sink and below the mirror in the old setup...you can place a lot of stuff on that shelf. The stone nightlight in the bathroom and bedroom was cool. Just awkward placement and intergration into the room. It looked like an afterthought!!! All in all...great room, love the cabinetry and Keurig and shelves and refrigerator. I'm not sure why they don't take the wooden door off? The fridge has is own see-thru glass door that was a nice touch.

Room Service? What room service...it was kinda non-existent and I get it Disney (Save Money). We had to take out our own trash, beds never made, but when we called for more towels, soap, coffee, creamer and such. It was all delivered promptly. Just kinda wierd paying almost $450/night and getting that kind of service.

Extra Morning and Night Hours: We took advantage or Early 1/2hour once and Late Extra Magic hours once. It was fine, got on a few extra rides.

Hotel Dining:We experienced Whispering Canyon (Fanstastic service and Food), Geyser Canyon (Fantastic Food) and Roaring Fork (Great food, but small and pre-made portions) Could have just ordered GrubHub. I really enjoyed "Mobile Ordering" and Geyser Point?Canyon? food the best. They have this killer steak salad that was HUGE! and very delicious. Waffles at Whispering cafe were amazing!!!

The PARKS!!!:The parks were a bit busy Sunday and on Mon-Wed were Average (not bad), Thursday it picked up and Friday at MK was Cray-Cray busy. We had fun and did individual lightning passes for Rise of the Resistance, Mickey's Railroad, Remy's Ride and Frozen. We never made it onto Slinky Dog dash despite two days spent at HS. It was always over an hour wait time. It was strange not hearing foreigners much, especially those silly English people from across the pond!!! Lines were from walk-on to 120min...just depended on the park and time. Ride lines shorter during parade and fireworks times as usual.

It seems like "REMY" and "FROZEN" had long wait times, so Soarin', Test Track, Figment, Spaceship Earth, Mission space were almost all "Walk-ONs" in Epcot.

At MK, normal wait times....Seven Dwarves had the longest lines as usual.
At AK, normal wait times....Oh! We did do Individual LL for Avatar though.
At HS, Rise, Railroad and Slinky Dog had long wait times all others were almost a walk-on-30min.

Halloween? Mostly non-existant...A little decor at MK, but that was about it. It didn't feel like it did in year's past. I didn't see many with Halloween costumes on for Boo Bash.

50th Merch was available, but a lot of stuff sold out. We got a couple beach towels, but there was only two left. We got the Skyliner 50th Christmas ornament, A 50th Popcorn cardboard cup and that was about it. The only popcorn buckets I noticed were the 50th Mickey and Millenium Falcon.

Last, but not least our Favorites and Worst experiences.....

Favorites:
1) Grocery Shopping at Publix, nice to have some breakfast, late night snacks and a 32pk of water bottles!! Plus beer, of course!
2) Karyn at the Wilderness Lodge resort check-IN desk. She took great care of us!!! Thanks, Karyn.
3) Our Mousekeeping lady, she was super nice, fast and friendly and got us whatever we needed!!!
4) Our boat captains from the lodge to MK, super nice and friendly. They just got a NEW boat 4-weeks ago, so shiny and clean. It's ORANGE/WHITE in color, very pretty.
5) CM @ Geysor Point, friendly chap and let me have all the twinnings tea packets on the counter that I cared for!!! Thanks IAN.
6) The looks on my DD17 and DS8 while on rides, in queue's and eating. That was the best!!!
7) Weather, I can't complain. It was very nice and Friday was 71F and 18mph winds and no humidity, felt like Hawaii
8) All CM's at the parks were excellent!!!

Worst:
1) SWA take-off, we were delayed 40min because a middle seat was malfunctioning and they could get it to return to its upright position (Minimal impact to our vacation, but a bummer of a start)

2)A male KAREN, at the Epcot bus stop we had this husband/family upset about waiting 40min for a bus and it took an hour the night before at MK to get back to the wilderness lodge. I think when we arrived, we waited another 30min...so he was there almost 70min? I get it, but you're on vacation!!! Things happen.

Ps. I did run into YouTuber: Paging Mr. Morrow at Epcot near the Remy Ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter