Our "Grand" Portofino" Trip of a Lifetime -August 2010 (TR Link added)

Hi!
Just wondering how your trip planning is going.. not long at all now!! :woohoo:

So glad that your did a cross-stitch kit too! was that the 'classic minnie' one?

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma

So far so good! Can't believe it is only 4 weeks today! It is coming round so fast now!

The cross stitch I did was the Classic Minnie one - I sent it to my Mums to be washed - I'm scared of delicate things!! - and I need to get it back - when I do I am going to post a picture. I have also bought the Dalmation Kit to sew on the black and white spotty dress we made.

I am working on Ambers journal - I "stole" a lot of pages from the Creative Disigns board - goodness they are clever over there, but there are several missing that I am trying to do myself. I just did this one for the night we go to the Cheesecake factory. I am quite pleased with it!!

CheesecakeFactoryjournalpage.jpg

I still have to sort out our Dollars. I keep hanging on in the hope that the £ will really gain strength!

I have added a few things to our plans. We are now doing the Wishes Dessert Party as they extended it for while we are there.

Luckily Amber has broken up for the school holidays now so we don't have such early starts which means I can stay up a little later in the evening to get things done!!

How have things been with you - the wedding plans are really coming on now. When you start paying deposits on things it really does feel so real!!

Wow, fantastic job on the Cheesecake Factory page!! It looks awesome! The whole journal will be such a great keepsake for Amber!
Ooo, I can't wait to hear about the Dessert Party!! That is at the top of our list for next year!
I know, I'm really bummed about not going in August:sad2:, I was hoping for a Dismeet! Next year will DEFINITELY be at the end of August, though. DBF and I both prefer that time of year-- long park hours, low crowds.

Your plans sound great I have just found your pre trip, the gf is amazing we love it! I can't wait to hear how the pirate cruise goes, we are planning this for our ds and dd although its dd's 3rd birthday the day we check in and my dh thinks she is a bit young

Your plans sound great I have just found your pre trip, the gf is amazing we love it! I can't wait to hear how the pirate cruise goes, we are planning this for our ds and dd although its dd's 3rd birthday the day we check in and my dh thinks she is a bit young

Hi Jockey
:welcome: Thanks for joining along. We are all getting so excited about the GF. Less than 2 weeks.

I will certainly let you know what the Pirate Cruise is like. When my DD was 4 we took her to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the GF and that was very good. She really loved it. Maybe your DD would like that?

I have really neglected my PTR lately. I have just been so busy with work and looking after my DD who is on school holidays. She has now gone to Wales for a week camping with my in-laws so we have a week to get everything sorted. I am trying to finish her journal and get the packing lists sorted. Hopefully tonight I will get to do an update.

Sara x

The Cheesecake Factory (yum) page looks great!! :goodvibes

I cannot believe both of our trips will be here so soon!! I have so much left to do. :rotfl:

Hi Jockey
:welcome: Thanks for joining along. We are all getting so excited about the GF. Less than 2 weeks.

I will certainly let you know what the Pirate Cruise is like. When my DD was 4 we took her to the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the GF and that was very good. She really loved it. Maybe your DD would like that?

I have really neglected my PTR lately. I have just been so busy with work and looking after my DD who is on school holidays. She has now gone to Wales for a week camping with my in-laws so we have a week to get everything sorted. I am trying to finish her journal and get the packing lists sorted. Hopefully tonight I will get to do an update.

Sara x

Thanks I have looked at the princess tea party for my dd it looks great! We always go for afternoon tea at the Every time we stay there the scones are just yummy! Will look forward to your updates:)

I thought it was about time for an update! Can't believe I have left it so long - again!!!

So .... the last few weeks. They have been a whirl really of work, work and more work!!! Amber broke up for the school holidays on 23rd July so I have been juggling my time between the shop, the court and taking care of her. She has got a little bored at times to say the least. She doesn't seem to understand that we are working so much so that she has a wonderful holiday - which can be very frustrating!

During her last week of term they had an Egyptian day as they had been learning about the Egyptians during the summer term. They had to dress up and this is how Amber went...

002-1.jpg

We have been to see Toy Story 3 and we absolutely loved it!!

I also finished her autograph book and got it printed. I am really pleased with it. I used designs from those on the Creative Board, particularly Donatalie. She is soooo talented.

012.jpg

013.jpg

I am really busy trying to get the journal finished! I did this page for the Wishes Dessert Party last night using a kit I bought from Natalie.

WishesDessertParty.jpg

We are in the annoying stage now of it being too early to pack but want to start so we know what we are doing!!!

Amber has gone away Camping with the In-Laws for a week so it is peaceful here, but extremely strange without her!!

I have finalised everything on our itinerary and this is what we have planned for the 3 weeks:

Friday 20th August - Surprise party for Amber at our favourite restaurant with family and friends
Saturday 21st August - hair done in the morning - picked up at 1pm for the 3 hour drive to Gatwick Airport, check in and then eat in Airport. Stay the night in the Gatwick Hilton.
Sunday 22nd August - Fly to Orlando!! Check into Portofino Bay Hotel, eat at Hard Rock Cafe
Monday 23rd August - Jonathan is playing golf - me and Amber are having a pool morning, then we are all going to explore. Maybe shopping?? Dinner at Tony Romas
Tuesday 24th August - Islands of Adventure (Harry Potter :banana:) and Universal Studios, dinner in City Walk somewhere
Wednesday 25th August - IOA/US, shopping and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory
Thursday 26th August - check into the Grand Floridian, Typhoon Lagoon, dinner at the Crystal Palace, Wishes Dessert Party and then Wishes
Friday 27th August - Kennedy Space Centre, dinner at the Rose and Crown Dining Room (Epcot), Illuminations
Saturday 28th August (Ambers Birthday) - Discovery Cove, Dinner at Chef Mickeys
Sunday 29th August - Jonathan at Golf, Amber and I at 1900 Park Fare breakfast. All at Hollywood Studios in afternoon at Mama Melrose for Fantasmic Dinner package, Fantasmic
Monday 30th August - Magic Kingdom, dinner Kona Cafe
Tuesday 31st August - Arkershus Breakfast, EPCOT, Cirque de Soleil, dinner at T Rex
Wednesday 1st September - Tusker House breakfast, Animal Kingdom, dinner Outback Steakhouse
Thursday 2nd September - Typhoon Lagoon, Jonathan at Golf, Amber and I had Grand Floridian Tea, dinner at O'Hana
Friday 3rd September - Seaworld, dinner somewhere in Downtown Disney (maybe Paradiso 37)
Saturday 4th September (Mum and Dad arrive) - Hollywood Studios, dinner at Raglan Road
Sunday 5th September - IOA/US with Mum and Dad, Dinner Bubba Gumps
Monday 6th September - Busch Gardens - dinner California Grill
Tuesday 7th September - Jonathan, Mum and Dad playing Oak Trail, Amber and I breakfast at Chef Mickeys, travelling up to St Augustine
Wednesday 8th September - The others playing Sawgrass, Amber and I relaxing at the hotel/beach, dinner 1900 Park Fare
Thursday 9th September - Seaworld and Aquatica, dinner Corel Reef, Illuminations
Friday 10th September - Jonathan, Mum and Dad playing golf, Amber on Pirate Cruise, me - relaxing!!! Magic Kingdom, dinner at Benihana Japanese
Saturday 11th September - check out, mini golf, lunch at Beaches and Cream - Fly home :sad1:

Goodness me - i am worn out typing that - let along living it!!!

Sara xx

Great plans, Sara!! I really wish I was still going in late August :-(
You guys are going to have a terrific time-- I can't wait to see WWoHP pictures!
Also-- that autograph book is gorgeous!! A real keepsake!

Great plans, Sara!! I really wish I was still going in late August :-(
You guys are going to have a terrific time-- I can't wait to see WWoHP pictures!
Also-- that autograph book is gorgeous!! A real keepsake!

Yes, it would have been great to see you! I promise to post WWoHP as soon as I can - I am so excited about that. Bit worried about the queues but we can get in early so I am going to be there at the crack of dawn!!!

Thanks about the autograph book. I am really pleased with it and the journal is taking shape - goodness its big!!! I think I will need an extra case for it :rotfl:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update much before I left but things just got so hectic!

I am just catching a few more minutes DIS time while we are in the V Room at Gatwick Airport - we are on our way! Flight is due to take off on time so we are all very excited.

I will let you all know the link to the Trip Report when it gets started - I am taking notes!!!

See you all in 3 weeks :cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to update much before I left but things just got so hectic!

I am just catching a few more minutes DIS time while we are in the V Room at Gatwick Airport - we are on our way! Flight is due to take off on time so we are all very excited.

I will let you all know the link to the Trip Report when it gets started - I am taking notes!!!

See you all in 3 weeks :cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Hope you have an amazing holiday!! Looking forward to the TR when you get back :goodvibes

Well, we are all back - safe, sound and .... miserable!!!! God bad post disney blues!! Will just have to throw ourselves into the plans for next year :banana::banana::banana:

So in short (I have taken lots of notes so am planning a very details TR) ...

We had an amazing time - it was everything I hoped it would be and more!!

No fallings out! Both hotels were a dream! We crammed so much into the 3 weeks. I can't wait to write all about it.

I will let you all know the link when I start it.

Sara xx

Welcome Home!!

Can't wait to hear all about it... writing a TR will help the Post-Disney-Blues :goodvibes

We are very very close to booking the Grand Floridian for honeymoon so I can't wait to read about your experience there!!

Emma

You must book - I will go into more detail in my trip report but it is fantastic!! Amazing!! Beautiful!!! I will get it started ASAP.

Sara xx

Emma

You must book - I will go into more detail in my trip report but it is fantastic!! Amazing!! Beautiful!!! I will get it started ASAP.

Sara xx

Literally 5 mins after writing on here.. my Travel Agent rang! :woohoo:

She's taken all the payment details for deposit so should get that magic reservation number very very soon! :yay:
Btw I've booked a Magic Kingdom view room.... DF doesn't know yet - I'm hoping to keep it a surprise til we get there! (in about 41 weeks time lol!)

xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter