Our experience - testing requirements/air travel to U.S.

@Sue M used it earlier this month with great success. And yes you can still access it eventhough you are flying domestically, as the domestic and international terminal are joined. It's at the FAR end, right by the Fairmont Airport I believe.

was it before or after customs? I noticed that they close at 730 daily and I’m worried it might be a bit tight if it’s after

Has anyone used the CVM medical testing clinic inside Vancouver Airport? We are flying Vancouver-Toronto-Orlando next week and I’m wondering if we can access it since I think we will be in the domestic terminal? Also if we can how early we should book our appointments for.
As B.C. wife mentioned I did use it. I booked our appts a week before travel. I kept watch on appt times but they weren’t filling up. We got our results I think in 20 min.

As B.C. wife mentioned I did use it. I booked our appts a week before travel. I kept watch on appt times but they weren’t filling up. We got our results I think in 20 min.

awesome! Sounds like we will have enough time for everything then. We have to take the ferry over so it’s always a little nerve wracking trying to plan for any delays on the way over. Our plan is:

take the 1:35 ferry
Dock at 3:15
Get on bus at 3:25
Bus/sky train to airport (1hr 20 mins)
Arrive at airport at 4:40
Eat/ kill time
First test appointment is at 6:20, last one is at 7:20 (there are 10 of us)
Flight is at 10:30

mare there any gaping holes in this plan that anyone can see? I realize it’s a lot of extra time but if we take the ferry after that it would be very tight for the testing.

Myself and my 2 18 year olds just got our rapid antigen test at shopper's tonight. Really easy process, went to prescription drop off and they handed us each a clipboard with a form. We all filled it out got called one at a time and were tested. Results 15 minutes later and nobody asked for a passport. I had brought them but they didn't ask even after the pharmacist asked why we needed the test. She did ask if I was sure this is the one I needed. I said we are just going to the US and she said "oh ok"

We did the rapid antigen test on Sunday (in Denver now) and the shoppers now us is allowing walk ups which was amazing. However they did include the passport number on the form. Of note, not a single person asked to see the results at Pearson

Myself and my 2 18 year olds just got our rapid antigen test at shopper's tonight. Really easy process, went to prescription drop off and they handed us each a clipboard with a form. We all filled it out got called one at a time and were tested. Results 15 minutes later and nobody asked for a passport. I had brought them but they didn't ask even after the pharmacist asked why we needed the test. She did ask if I was sure this is the one I needed. I said we are just going to the US and she said "oh ok"
Wish we had the cheap Shoppers test here!

We're sitting in our hotel room, ready to fly to LAX tomorrow morning! Did our rapid antigen tests today (negative!) and we're booked at San Diego Covid Clinic for DH and Anaheim City Hall Covid Clinic for DD and I for our return tests. We chose the 1hr NAAT test. It still seems surreal that we're actually going!

We're sitting in our hotel room, ready to fly to LAX tomorrow morning! Did our rapid antigen tests today (negative!) and we're booked at San Diego Covid Clinic for DH and Anaheim City Hall Covid Clinic for DD and I for our return tests. We chose the 1hr NAAT test. It still seems surreal that we're actually going!
Have a great trip!!! Can’t wait for all your tips when you come back!!

Did you have to make an appointment or just walk in?

We just checked in for the first leg of our trip in Prince George. We have a connecting flight in Vancouver before we head to LAX and I’m not sure if it’s policy everywhere but here they asked for our negative test results and our vaccination records. I’m glad we tested yesterday before waiting for our layover in Vancouver, which was our original plan! I don’t know what they would have done but I’m guessing no we wouldn’t have made it on the plane if we didn’t have test results.
Edited to add- we are flying WestJet

While NS Shoppers do not offer the $40 Antigen tests, we do get free PCR testing through Public Health clinics. Flipside to that is you have to allow 24-36 hours return time.

Last edited:
We just checked in for the first leg of our trip in Prince George. We have a connecting flight in Vancouver before we head to LAX and I’m not sure if it’s policy everywhere but here they asked for our negative test results and our vaccination records. I’m glad we tested yesterday before waiting for our layover in Vancouver, which was our original plan! I don’t know what they would have done but I’m guessing no we wouldn’t have made it on the plane if we didn’t have test results.
I believe the requirement to show the vaccination records are because you are flying domestically first. This is a new requirement by the Canadian government that was announced a few weeks ago.

Possibly I think if you told them you were testing at YVR you would have been ok. From Prince George to Vancouver you’re still domestic but I get that you didn’t want to take chances.

For return I wish I asked hotel to print out our test results. They emailed me PDF and I used my phone. But having print out would have been quicker!

Have a great trip. Looking forward to updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter