Our completely unpredictable PTR- WDW with Autism May 25-31

I was not planning to do RD but Stephen will take Jess early to get her autograph fp for Ashley Eckstein. Luke and I plan to arrive by 9:30 or so. My hope for this day is for him to get character meet n greets, like Jedi Mickey and such. If we dont go on the 25th we will need to do a few rides then too. I would like to get some pics of Jessas meet with Ashley too if possible. Jess also wants to do the Q and A so I am going to try and take both of them to that. I would love to meet you guys as well that day, maybe if Anakin is having a good day we can take you all out for ice cream.

25 days till we head to WDW! :banana: This morning, Luke went to his countdown calendar and counted the days. He then said "Wouldnt it be cool if we were going today? Of course, I said yes but then I started thinking of all of the things that need to happen before we can go and I realized 25 days and I am way behind schedule. There is so much that has to be done before we can leave and I am starting to feel overwhelmed because we already have a ton to do with the end of the school year stuff.

1. I still need to get my days figured out. I need a plan!
2. I need Spencer to figure out if he is going or not!
3. I need to go through the kids clothes and make sure they have enough- not doing laundry on this vacation!
4. Most likely, they will need some clothing items which will require shopping, Need to do that immediately since online might be my only option.
5. Indy, Kara's cat, needs to go to the vet for shots. These are due the day we leave and they have to be done early so our petsitter will care for him.
6. Everyone needs hair cuts. This shouldnt be difficult, just have to find the time to do them.
7. Packing list- havent even started
8.Jess still needs a visa gift card so I will need to go to the bank and get one
9. Need to get the IPODs loaded with movies and music, this will mean transferring a lot of stuff and formating it for iPod.
10. Need to buy beach towels, hopefully disney ones on sale
11. Need to get body glide, mole skin, and all those other essential disney items
12. Need to get the oil changed in my car
13. Need to pack
14. Need to get keys made for my petsitter
15. Need to clean my entire house. If I die on vacation, I want whoever comes to my home to see it clean, lol. Actually, I just need to come home to a clean house. Not really sure why but it is important to me.

And I am sure there is more that I have forgotten!

Here are the shirts I bought for SWW
Stephens
008-1.jpg

Jessa's
006.jpg

and Luke's
009.jpg

I also got Jess these two shirts, just because
004.jpg

007.jpg

Luke is so funny. Yesterday he got a postcard in the mail (Thank you FGM) and he has been carrying it around with him. Today, he came up to me and said I miss my friends. Of course, thinking he was talking about his playgroup friends I told him we would get together on Tuesday with them. He said, we are going to disney world Tuesday!!! And started running through the house hollering to everyone to get packing cause we were leaving tuesday. I then had to let him down gently and tell him that we still had a ways to go for disney world and he said he was tired of waiting. He asked why we had to wait so long. I told him disney world was far away so we couldnt do it very often. His response LETS MOVE TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Luke is so funny. Yesterday he got a postcard in the mail (Thank you FGM) and he has been carrying it around with him. Today, he came up to me and said I miss my friends. Of course, thinking he was talking about his playgroup friends I told him we would get together on Tuesday with them. He said, we are going to disney world Tuesday!!! And started running through the house hollering to everyone to get packing cause we were leaving tuesday. I then had to let him down gently and tell him that we still had a ways to go for disney world and he said he was tired of waiting. He asked why we had to wait so long. I told him disney world was far away so we couldnt do it very often. His response LETS MOVE TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Lol, sounds like a plan to me!

Awwww!!! What an adorable story!!!!!! :cloud9:

I say we all just move to WDW! :thumbsup2

Awwww!!! What an adorable story!!!!!! :cloud9:

I say we all just move to WDW! :thumbsup2

We moved in 2000, not to Disney but not too, too far away. We haven't ever regretted it, though we miss family and friends up north. Especially now that my parents are ageing and my dad can't travel.

Well, my DD would be up to that! And they do have that hiring fair.. ;)

There you go ;) Great ideas all around!

Well, my DD would be up to that! And they do have that hiring fair.. ;)

I wouldn't be upset to work for the Big Cheese! :thumbsup2

So yeah, its my dream job to work for the Mouse. :cloud9:

We moved in 2000, not to Disney but not too, too far away. We haven't ever regretted it, though we miss family and friends up north. Especially now that my parents are ageing and my dad can't travel.

There you go ;) Great ideas all around!

I will admit, I am jealous that you was able to move closer to WDW. My biggest concern would be being away from my parents and then enduring the intense heat. :guilty: However, if given the chance to move, I'd jump on it without hesitation! :thumbsup2

In exactly 3 weeks, we will be at CBR and plans are still up in the air! I am pretty much freaking out here. Spencer still has yet to ask his new boss for the days off so he most likely wont be going with us. I cannot imagine it working out seeing as he is waiting till the last minute. I almost want to call his boss and ask myself! I still dont know exactly what days we will be doing what. I have a million things to do but not enough time to do it all. Next week, Luke has an EEG so that will take 2 of our days (his neurologist is several hundred miles away) I have a stress test scheduled for next week as well. My heart has been acting funny (maybe its the stress of trying to plan the perfect vacation which is going up in smoke by the minute) Add in all the end of the school year activities and I dont even have time to pack. Think I just need to take a deep breath... and maybe have a :drinking1

In exactly 3 weeks, we will be at CBR and plans are still up in the air! I am pretty much freaking out here. Spencer still has yet to ask his new boss for the days off so he most likely wont be going with us. I cannot imagine it working out seeing as he is waiting till the last minute. I almost want to call his boss and ask myself! I still dont know exactly what days we will be doing what. I have a million things to do but not enough time to do it all. Next week, Luke has an EEG so that will take 2 of our days (his neurologist is several hundred miles away) I have a stress test scheduled for next week as well. My heart has been acting funny (maybe its the stress of trying to plan the perfect vacation which is going up in smoke by the minute) Add in all the end of the school year activities and I dont even have time to pack. Think I just need to take a deep breath... and maybe have a :drinking1

Happy Star Wars Day!!! May the 4th be with you!!

Hurray for only 3 weeks away!

I can't even imagine the stress and frustration you must be feeling with your trip planning. I hope that Spencer will take it upon him to ask, on the other hand, it's good to know he doesn't cave under pressure.

Safe travels and I hope all goes well for Luke's EEG, and you get the answers you need.

Hope your stress test goes well too. It's tough when the caregiver isn't up to par. Hopefully a Disney vacation will be just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks Tink. This will be our 3rd EEG. We do one every year, definitely not fun. But it does keep our insurance covering the seizure meds so I cant complain to much.

The Good: Time is flying by fast andin 19 days, I will be in Walt Disney World. 18 days till we leave! Stephen is only working 1/2 a day Tuesday and Luke will have his therapies in the morning as well. We hope to leave by 2pm Tuesday. Most likely we will head out around 4, lol.

The bad: We are leaving in 18 days, and I just cant manage to get things done. It seems like everytime I start planning, something happens to interrupt it. Plus, planning SWW seems nearly impossible since I do not know character times and such.

The Ugly: Spencer still does not know if he can go. He said he asked his boss yesterday and the boss said he would wait and see. What the heck does that mean?

The Good: Time is flying by fast andin 19 days, I will be in Walt Disney World. 18 days till we leave! Stephen is only working 1/2 a day Tuesday and Luke will have his therapies in the morning as well. We hope to leave by 2pm Tuesday. Most likely we will head out around 4, lol.

The bad: We are leaving in 18 days, and I just cant manage to get things done. It seems like everytime I start planning, something happens to interrupt it. Plus, planning SWW seems nearly impossible since I do not know character times and such.

The Ugly: Spencer still does not know if he can go. He said he asked his boss yesterday and the boss said he would wait and see. What the heck does that mean?

Good: :woohoo: on time flying!
Bad: I think that by the time you arrive, you'll have all the info you'll need - at least most of it anyway. I'm sure character times will be listed soon and you can finish your planning!
Ugly: I really hope that Spencer will get to go! My fingers are crossed that his boss is going to say "Not a problem, have fun! Bring me back a Mickey Ear Hat!" Maybe his boss is checking the schedule to see if he can do without Spencer for the time. :confused3 But I really do hope some Pixie Dust makes its way over there. :goodvibes:goodvibes pixiedust:

Hi -

I was wondering if you ever get a Guest Assistance card for your son? I have a son with autism as well and we get a GAC for him at guest services on our first park day and it is good for the duration of our stay and includes the rest of our party. We use it when the ride waits are very long and my son is nearing melt down mode. You use it like a Fast Pass and go through that line showing the cast member the card. It allows us to the major attractions in a shorter time as we often have to leave or take frequent breaks to avoid issues for my son, which then affects the entire family and everyone around us unfortunately. This card has been a godsend to us and is one of the reasons we feel like WDW is a good family vacation for us as they are accommodating and understanding of the issue. :grouphug: Before we knew about this, our WDW trips often became very difficult. I just thought I'd suggest this since I haven't seen it mentioned in your PTR so far. Of course I am only halfway through the second page!!

Ann Marie :laundy:

PS - We will be there at the same time. May 27th - June 4th! Cannot wait!! :banana::banana:

Good: :woohoo: on time flying!
Bad: I think that by the time you arrive, you'll have all the info you'll need - at least most of it anyway. I'm sure character times will be listed soon and you can finish your planning!
Ugly: I really hope that Spencer will get to go! My fingers are crossed that his boss is going to say "Not a problem, have fun! Bring me back a Mickey Ear Hat!" Maybe his boss is checking the schedule to see if he can do without Spencer for the time. :confused3 But I really do hope some Pixie Dust makes its way over there. :goodvibes:goodvibes pixiedust:

I hope it all works out. I need to plan and Spencer's boss is throwing a kink into mine. If he doesnt come, Kara will probably bring a girlfriend with her instead but I know it is very important to her that he goes. I hope his boss will decide to let him take the time off. Thanks for the pixie dust!

Hi -

I was wondering if you ever get a Guest Assistance card for your son? I have a son with autism as well and we get a GAC for him at guest services on our first park day and it is good for the duration of our stay and includes the rest of our party. We use it when the ride waits are very long and my son is nearing melt down mode. You use it like a Fast Pass and go through that line showing the cast member the card. It allows us to the major attractions in a shorter time as we often have to leave or take frequent breaks to avoid issues for my son, which then affects the entire family and everyone around us unfortunately. This card has been a godsend to us and is one of the reasons we feel like WDW is a good family vacation for us as they are accommodating and understanding of the issue. :grouphug: Before we knew about this, our WDW trips often became very difficult. I just thought I'd suggest this since I haven't seen it mentioned in your PTR so far. Of course I am only halfway through the second page!!

Ann Marie :laundy:

PS - We will be there at the same time. May 27th - June 4th! Cannot wait!! :banana::banana:

Welcome! Maybe we will see you around! I will get the GAC but I know it is not a front of the line pass and I know from our last trip that sometimes the wait is actually longer. For us, the ability to use his stroller as a wheelchair is priceless tho. I find that if he can stay in his stroller in lines (even when they are longer) it makes it so much easier for him to tollerate. I also found that for auditorium attractions that in order for him to make it even a little while, he has to avoid the entrance area where they cram everyone together right before the doors open. I miss that a bit (especially at muppetvision) but I know he cant stand it and his anxiety wont allow it. On our last trip, we found that good planning, not our GAC, made for shorter wait times.

No news on the trip report front but today Luke was so cute. I told him we needed to stop by the store to get a mothers day gift for my sister and mom, he said he needed to get me a gift too. I told him I was getting my gift at disney world (Stephen is letting me pick a pearl and get a jewelry setting) and Luke said that Mothers day was this weekend and Disney world was not this weekend so I couldnt do that. Aparantly I need a gift this weekend. Luke thinks its not fair that I have to wait, lol. He is such a sweetheart sometimes.

No news on the trip report front but today Luke was so cute. I told him we needed to stop by the store to get a mothers day gift for my sister and mom, he said he needed to get me a gift too. I told him I was getting my gift at disney world (Stephen is letting me pick a pearl and get a jewelry setting) and Luke said that Mothers day was this weekend and Disney world was not this weekend so I couldnt do that. Aparantly I need a gift this weekend. Luke thinks its not fair that I have to wait, lol. He is such a sweetheart sometimes.

Awww! How sweet!! :cloud9:

Kids really know how to pull on our heart-strings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter