Our Birthday trip

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
DS was watching TV and there was a Disney commercial, he said look Mommy, Disney wants me back. I told him we can't afford it but he said it is free. I just love the way he looks at the life. So we are going back for his birthday.

I am going alone with DS who has autism. He is HF but very sensory seeking. I do have to admit I do have some fears of having to get a counter service meal and keeping him right next to me.

I have a child locator watch and recver that I plan to use. We also have his stroller which he likes for me to push him around in. He is getting too big but he is safe in his stroller.

What else can I do to have a successful trip? How can I assure he stays with me? He is a runner? How can I get food and keep him safe at the same time?

Leash and harness is a safe way to keep track of the kid. Get the "stroller as a wheelchair" GAC so you can use the stroller in lines and this will hopefully alert CMs that you need help at a restaurant. CMs who bus tables will help disabled guests and other guests who cannot take their tray to their table. They did that for me a while back at DLR and way back at WDW 10 years ago. Just ask them and they will help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter