Ouch! Alberts

just looked at alberts and Victoria at the grand Floridian.. 250 per person to dine at chef table plus wine is 105! So dinner for 2 is $710 plus tip!?
I'll never complain about character meal costs again
SHHHH I want to one day go here with my husband. Don't let him know the ACTUAL cost! LOL

I was going to comment "that is for Chefs table, its much higher than just sitting in the dining room"....but I checked the website first!!! Now I'm speechless because pricing begins at $185 per guest for non-chef tables! May as well just sit at the chef table!! LOL (I'd have to trade in my park tickets to afford dinner)

Somebody is keeping them in business!

When my kids were small and it cost $60 a person, I used to want to go, but we needed to wait until they were closer to adult.

Well, they are all adults now and we are still not going because its just too pricey!!!

I heard on the DCL board that remy is like Alberts. Remy was 75 dollars when I went. I heard it went up to 85 dollars a person still a lot cheaper than Alberts if your planning a trip on the dream or fantasy. But either way not budget board friendly.

I was going to comment "that is for Chefs table, its much higher than just sitting in the dining room"....but I checked the website first!!! Now I'm speechless because pricing begins at $185 per guest for non-chef tables! May as well just sit at the chef table!! LOL (I'd have to trade in my park tickets to afford dinner)
I know! Crazy my husband is a chef. Bet it's not as entertaining as Hell's Kitchen!!

When my kids were small and it cost $60 a person, I used to want to go, but we needed to wait until they were closer to adult.

Well, they are all adults now and we are still not going because its just too pricey!!!

.[/QUOTE

No one under 10 .. Wonder if they have a drop off? Lol

I know it's not budget friendly but I want to try it out once. I think their reasoning for no kids is bc you are paying so much you don't want to have to deal with kids for that meal. Plus there's no way my kids would eat 7 courses or 10

I know it's not budget friendly but I want to try it out once. I think their reasoning for no kids is bc you are paying so much you don't want to have to deal with kids for that meal. Plus there's no way my kids would eat 7 courses or 10
I'm a very picky eater.. I couldn't do it either.
It's a special restaurant for special occasions :)

Hey's it's Disney. Enough people seem to have the cash or available credit to do it, so they can charge $710 a couple plus tip. They will continue to do it, and continue to raise prices as long as the market will support it. I sure don't recall any major fire sales on anything Disney, so they seem to know what they are doing.

I heard on the DCL board that remy is like Alberts. Remy was 75 dollars when I went. I heard it went up to 85 dollars a person still a lot cheaper than Alberts if your planning a trip on the dream or fantasy. But either way not budget board friendly.
Yep. This made me think that Remy is a darn good value--still have no interest in going.

I've been to V&A's twice (1996 and 2002) and both were wonderful meals and a lovely dining experience. I believe we used dining credits back then, it was worth 2 each like other signatures. Well worth it.

My parents dined at V&A's to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary last year. Had a wonderful time and said the food/wine pairings were outstanding. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

There used to be a loophole in the platinum plan (includes all tours, experiences, V&A, shows, etc, and there was no minimum days you had to buy the plan for ), so DH and I did a split stay for our anniversary and had the plan for one night/two days and were able to go as part of the plan. We are not foodies at all, we are both very picky, and I am a very light eater. We still talk about eating here!

They call you a week before to check on allergies and such... I told them all of the things we do not eat (and we have different lists, so it was complicated!), and they made note of it all. You have a personalized menu on your table when you arrive, and then they adjust any of the courses you want. I didn't have to remind them of anything! You have a server and assistant who only have two tables, so they are so attentive. The portions are small, and I was definitely full to the point of being uncomfortable, but not miserably so. It was a 2-3 hour experience. I would love to do it again, but I would never pay that out of pocket now. But, if you are a foodie and you have the money, it is well worth every cent!

just looked at alberts and Victoria at the grand Floridian.. 250 per person to dine at chef table plus wine is 105! So dinner for 2 is $710 plus tip!?
I'll never complain about character meal costs again

Get the deluxe dining plan if those are the restaurants you will be going to. Most people don't come out ahead with them but if you ate there twice you would be in the clear.

It's not something I can afford every trip, but the experience is worth saving up for, in my opinion. January 2018 - I'm looking at you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter