OT - Sears

tone.def

<font color=red>My Mommy told me I look pretty all
I'm so angry i'm shaking right now.

- ordered a stackable washer and dryer last monday night for our condo on sears.ca, tenants have been without for a couple weeks. asked for saturday delivery (first available day on the website to select), installation and removal of old appliances
- sears calls back tuesday and verifies my order and details (including installation of the new and removal of the old)
- someone calls back to say saturday delivery costs an extra $100 (- huh? that info is not on website!), we reschedule for tuesday between 9-5.
- washer and dryer delivery tuesday @ 9:15 am, just dropped off, not installed, old ones not removed. delivery driver says - not on order. tenants livid with us, think we screwed up.
- i call sears customer service, ask what happened, please rectify immediately, am told that delivery people with call me back within the hour to schedule service call.
- sears did not call me back tuesday
- sears customer service calls back wednesday morning to schedule for this saturday the installation and removal. i tell them unacceptable, please do sooner. she comes back and says we can do friday for you and wants the $40 over the phone via credit card to remove old appliances, i give my m/c number. i'm now happy.
- later yesterday afternoon, a different person calls from sears delivery to say that someone is coming today (thursday) between 10-4. perfect!
- tenant calls, sears was there alright, they started to install the washer and dryer, but didn't bring a part for the vent, so they have to come back. sears installation guy will not remove old appliances because it's not their job.
- i'm now shaking and call sears corporate customer service back and tore a new butt hole out of the corporate customer service rep. i want them there right now and take away the old appliances! give me what i paid for for the love of god!!! i'm told someone will call me back to schedule that!

ARGH!!!!

I will NEVER order from Sears EVER again.

I pity the person who calls me back to schedule the removal. they're about to have a new butt hole torn into them too.

did i mention my 4 month old is crying in the background right now?

We never order from Sears anymore. We've had 2 bad incidents with their delivery service (one time they were running late with deliveries & wanted to know if it was still ok to deliver at 11 pm on a Tuesday night - ummmmm NO!). I get stuff still from there, but now we make arrangements to pick it up.

I find using small mom & pop stores to get things from much more reliable than Sears.

I understand your anger :)

ohhhhhhhh!

Now it's between 7-1 tomorrow that someone will come and remove the old appliances.

in the spirit of being a consumer advocate... I've contacted Sean O'Shea at Global Consumer SOS and Peter Silverman over at CFRB 1010. Remember Silverman helps on City? Same guy, just on the radio now... oh and have posted this on numerous online forums.

Oh Sears... don't you know who you've wronged? If this isn't resolved tomorrow, they are so screwed!

Haha, good luck, since Sears is so big, I think you'll have trouble. They don't really care it seems how bad their service is. When we bought our last fridge & stove we bought from a small store, same prices as Sears. They delivered on time for FREE & took away our old stuff for FREE, which Sears doesn't do. Never again will I have any big items delivered from Sears. If I need delivery, I go somewhere else. Home Depot from my understanding is the same, I've heard horror stories from them as well.

I don't know anyone's who's had luck with Sears delivery but they are still in business for some reason?

Make sure you have documented all your calls with the time and dates that you called etc. I had problems with Sears delivery in the past aswell.

We ordered a king size mattress and the delivery people scratched and dented our wall all along our stair case. It took me months to have this resolved. It finally was resolved when I threatened the lawyer card. I had all my phone calls documented and recited to them all the details. I made sure I had first and last names of all the people I talked to.

Good luck.

Ugh! What a pain in the butt! I ordered my dishwasher from Sears last year w/ no problems and they took the old one away when they delivered the new one. I do know they cahrge extra for delivery of applainaces + extra to take the old one away + extra to install. When we bought the dishwasher, we found the price online but physically went in and bought it from a Sears Home/Appliances store. Maybe that's what made the difference? But we also live in a smaller town so maybe you get better service that way? Good luck with getting it resolved.

What a nightmare! Thanks for sharing this saga. I always find stories like this helpful in making purchasing decisions in the future.

I had a problem with delivery and take away of stove. I called the store directly. The sales guy had not charged me for taking away, and said he would write order in. Well he didn't. I called the store, talked to the department, explained what happened. Said I don't mind paying, just take the stove. The store talked to delivery guy (I was at work and my mom was at my house with rude delivery guy). Couldn't convince him to take it away but rescheduled for next day.

I was not happy either. I had bought all my appliances from Sears 6 years ago without any problem. I'm really saddened to hear how bad it's gotten.

Sears is not what it used to be. We purchased a fridge and dishwasher from them and while the dishwasher is fine the fridge had door problems the first day. I don't fault them for that as Kenmore is actually many different manufacturers. The problem was in their handling of it. Apparently all customer issues go to a central call centre and then they put in an order for your local salesman to call you back. It took 2 weeks to get a new fridge. Sears used to be tha place to go for appliances due to great customer service, but no more. I'll never buy an appliance there again.

Yes, I have had numerous run ins with sears over the years and the result is I dont even go near their stores any more, sorry to hear about your experience...

I've had bad experiences with every delivery I have had from Sears. I try to avoid buying from them whenever possible. The best was when I took the day of work and stayed home all day waiting for my delivery, even watched a Sears truck stop in front of the house and continue to drive right on by. I never got my delivery that day and when I called customer service they said that the delivery person came by but no one was home. I was livid, I told them I was home all day! The customer service rep told me that they can confirm a delivery attempt was made because the delivery person made note of the colour of the garage. I couldn't believe it, he must have stopped in front of the house, looked at the colour of the gararage and drove on.

ironically... our dishwasher is now on the frits... we're going shopping on Monday.

Between Loews/Rona/Home Depot, does anyone have any negative input about their appliance orders?

bought my dishwasher at home depot.

look at all the models. liked one and they ordered it. took 1 week

delivered not installed but for a 49$ fee they would of.

also got a 99$ 5 year guarentee with it.

happy with it so far.

We bought our stuff at Future Shop. Didn't have a problem with delivery but the Frigidaire Dishwasher is not one I would recommend.

Another Sears delivery problem here....

A few years ago we bought a rather expensive tile topped kitchen table and chairs. They didn't stock the set so it was ordered and we would get it in a few weeks. They called to arrange delivery and came within the window...so far so good. They brought it inside my house in 6 boxes which I asked them to take away...they said no. Alright, not that big of a deal just a pain. When we opened the box that contained the table top we noticed a large crack so I called the store and they said we could go ahead and use the table while they ordered us a new one...in about 6 weeks. Anyway, to get to the point they brought a new top which was also cracked and I called again....in total they brought 4 tops that were all cracked. Each time they came it was the same 2 rude delivery guys. Finally I was so mad that I called and said I wanted a refund and that they should come and get their junk. Which was no easy task...of course they argued that this was not their fault. They did finally agree and again the same 2 guys came to get the furniture. As they were leaving the house one of them turned to my husband and said 'wifes a little too picky eh?' My DH nearly put that guy through the glass door. He was furious and called the Sears manger about the incident the manager told him that they contract out all deliveries and it's not their problem what those guys say or do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter