OT: iPhone 4s case advice

DavidandLeahZ

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Last week I asked for Bluetooth recommendations for the 4s, now I need case advice.

I've heard good things about the Otterbox but I don't know if I should get the Defender or the Commuter.

Jeff Alves has already chimed in....who's next?

- D

I am so happy I bought the "book book" cover for my iPhone. It isn't that much more than an otter box. It obviously doesn't give the protection an otter box does. You do have to learn how to hold it properly (not a problem for a horn player).

I ended up with the Otterbox Defender ... I was worry it would be too much - too big .. but I really like it.

I wrestled with this for a bit before getting my 4S. I wound up with the Otterbox Defender and absolutely LOVE IT. I took off the belt clip part and really enjoy this case. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

I have the commuter for my iPhone 4s. I am really enjoying it. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I have a bumper for my iPhone4 and really like it a lot! Protects enough that if I drop it, it won't shatter (i have dropped it several times) and still shows the beauty of the phone. Best yet, they come in fashion colors! :banana:

As Dave notes, I've already offered my comments, but some of you weren't privy to them and may be interested...or not.

I'm basically a minimalist when it comes to cases. I just want something that will clip to my belt (securely) so I can grab the phone when I need it. For now I'm using a no-name leather holster type case that hooks on my belt horizontally. But I used to have a simple belt clip type for my iPhone 3 and I'm thinking I may go back to that style.

I've never found my iPhones to be so delicate that they need the vault-like protection that some of the cases seem to promise. Just my $0.02.
(why don't we have a 2 cent emoticon?)

We have the Defender here. I had it on my phone but went to a less protective case because it was easier to get out of my jean pocket when out in the parks.

My wife and I just bought (after much research) the Otterbox Commuter Series for our iPhone 4s and we both like it.

I was impressed enough with the case I ordered an Otterbox Reflex series for my iPad 2 to help protect it from the kids. It will be here today so I can't wait to try it out.

I wanted a case that wasn't so bulky. I didn't want to hide the great design behind a big case.

I've got the Commuter series and love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything. DH found it cheaper on Amazon than directly through Otterbox.

Long story short, I'm (finally) jumping on the bandwagon and getting an iPhone 4S. We currently use US Cellular, but I will be permanently moving to Atlanta next year and US Cellular charges a RIDICULOUS amount if you use your phone more than half the time outside of the Midwest. Plus, the corporate AT&T discount doesn't hurt either... :rolleyes1

I'm going to get a black 16GB 4S sometime next month and I'm wondering which case I should get. I'd prefer a clear one, but black is fine too.

What kind of case do you have on your iPhone 4/4S? Where did you get it and how much is it? Do you like/dislike it, and why?

Thanks so much!

I can't wait to be part of the collective... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the collective! ;)

There's a thread going on now regarding this very topic. I'm going to combine yours with it as there's lots of good advice there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter