Osborne Family Lights - Help Please!

choover2576

Mouseketeer
If that date doesn't change it looks like the Osborne Family Lights is going to be opening on November 6th and that is our last day at WDW. I would really like to see them, but wondering:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how crowded will it be the first night? We don't have to be there when they first turn them on.

2. What time do they turn them on? Do they stay on past close, like how sometimes the shops stay open a little longer past close?

3. We are coming from MK. HS closes at 7pm that night. What time do they stop letting people through the gates?

4. Will the buses back to the resort be crazy?

I feel like this is a once a lifetime chance since to see them and I'm trying to convince myself to suck up the crowds and inconvenience and enjoy the Disney magic.

Thank you for your time and help

They stay on for a while after close, but you need to be in the area before then or you probably won't be allowed back there since their in the back of the park

If you are in the park at closing time, you will be able to go see them. After 7, you would not be let in to the park.

Even after Fantasmic,which usually coincides with closing time, guests are usually encouraged to go visit the lights after exiting the Fantasmic theater. First night will be busy.

GO! It will be crowded, but you can just stand in one place and enjoy them. They are magnificent, and you are right, it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance. GO!

FWIW - We saw them last year on Dec. 26th, so it was a very crowded day in the park. It was so worth it! Yes, it was crowded and a little tough to move around at times. But, it didn't have a negative impact on our experience at all. Definitely worth seeing, even in crowds. Probably the best thing I've ever seen at Disney.

Thank you everyone for your help! I just added it to our touring plan for the night of November 6th. I think it will be a great way to end our trip and get us in the holiday spirit.

Just do it. When I've seen the Lights it's always crowded and wall to wall people and you just stand there and watch. And it's fine. Everyone is looking up and staring and you're not really trying to go anywhere, at least not quickly. So go. :)

If you want to go to an area that's not as crowded, and has one of the best views imo..then go over by the bathrooms next to lights motors action and watch from there. Few places to sit and it's never too crowded, plus you have a view of all the way down the street.

This is where we watch the lights. Then after we're done we make our way through the crowd to the other side

It will be crowded but who cares. Just go and enjoy. They are amazing. I just there in complete awe for thirty mins. Worth every min.

If you want to go to an area that's not as crowded, and has one of the best views imo..then go over by the bathrooms next to lights motors action and watch from there. Few places to sit and it's never too crowded, plus you have a view of all the way down the street.

This is where we watch the lights. Then after we're done we make our way through the crowd to the other side
This is our "secret" spot. We make it there before they turn them on and it's amazing when they do from that vantage point. They turn on at dusk so usually around 6pm.

YEs, GO!!! They are so beautiful and worth it! Thanks for the tip about where to stand by the Lights Motor bathrooms. I think my parents might like this if they can sit for sure! Going in mid November :) Im soooooo excited for the Osbourne Lights and VERY glad they made a return for our trip this year to Disney. Have fun and enjoy everyone...its a magical time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter