Organized in your room?

I haven't tried this at WDW but at some other hotels, I'll put my empty suitcase under the bed to save room. Some people like to put their dirty clothes in their empty suitcase until they leave, which saves having the dirty clothes out in a hamper.

We do that on cruises; with limited closet space, it is easier to just place the dirty clothes in the suitcases in the closet, rather than using the pop-up hampers.

Hello fellow South Dakotan! First of all, I'm jealous that you will be in WDW for 10 days!!! But you're gonna miss the changing leaves at Spearfish Canyon :sad1: Anyway, my suggestions have already been mentioned....bring wire hangers and leave them behind. I also bring a ziploc for ALL of those receipts. Seriously, how do we manage to accumulate so many?!?!? Have a great upcoming trip! :woohoo:

Hello fellow South Dakotan! First of all, I'm jealous that you will be in WDW for 10 days!!! But you're gonna miss the changing leaves at Spearfish Canyon :sad1: Anyway, my suggestions have already been mentioned....bring wire hangers and leave them behind. I also bring a ziploc for ALL of those receipts. Seriously, how do we manage to accumulate so many?!?!? Have a great upcoming trip! :woohoo:

Thanks for the ideas. Spearfish canyon...a little off topic but I have always wanted to come out and run the leading ladies half marathon in August. I've heard it's a beautiful place to run. We're running the half at the Wine & Dine so we extended our normal 5-7 day stay to be there for the race. Just need to get things on track at home and organized so I can enjoy this trip!

Ziploc baggies are a must! I always take a full box of both gallon size and quart size baggies. I even take 6-7 with me in our day bags to the parks. If it is raining or we are going on a ride where we don't want things to get wet (cell phones, wallets, glasses) we will stick them into the baggies.
I have a pop up hamper that I love. I just leave it in the suitcase and use it even for our short one or two day trips.
I also always take clothespins with me. They can be used to close curtains, hang towels or clothes up, close chip bags, etc;. Very small so they don't take up much space. I usually buy a new package for a buck at the dollar store when we go.
I also never take my hairdryer on vacation. I use the one at the resort. I know a lot of people will say that they don't work as well as the one at home and that may be true but it is one less thing I have to pack as well as make room for in the room. You are going to have the room one there regardless so why not take advantage of it? (and yes, I do blow dry and curl my hair everyday before I go to the parks. even if it is just going to be pulled back.)

I also swear by ziplock bags :goodvibes As a PP mentioned they are great for keeping kids organized. I put DD's outfits in individual bags so she knows to just take out a bag and everything she needs is in there - even hairclips and socks. If you squeeze all the air out of the bags they are super slim, like those storage bags.

We also put bags/luggage inside the bigger suitcase, whatever we will not use again or we just need for the plane ride home also goes in there. Ziplocks for everything - receipts, pens, small toys, small snacks, hair accessories, cables etc etc ;)

I also use them for anything liquid/toiletries I may put in the suitcase - face lotion, toothpaste, DD's hypoallergenic shampoo, deodorants and all those things that can make a mess if the perfect storm should happen within my suitcase :upsidedow

We stay DVC. Here is one of my favorite things to have:

Collapsible/Expandable Hamper

12622107_raw.jpg

:rolleyes1

NO IDEA what YOU ARE TALKING about ( Overpackers unite!)

Thanks for the ideas! I'll have to check out Target and see what I can find. I prefer to unpack 100% and not leave clothes in the suitcase however I pack like we're going to be gone for a year! I can't seem to pack light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter