Ordering packs of water

Nay! Not worth it. The water onboard is very good. Just bring a refillable water bottle or 2 to fill up on board to take on excursions. Before we leave the ship, we go up and fill our water bottles with ice and water from the drink stations. Very easy and free!

I have in the past to have the bottles. I got a 6-pack for a 4-night cruise. I needed them for a specific reason, though. I don't drink coffee in the mornings like I used to. I mix up a powdered energy-type drink mix (Advocare Spark). These don't mix well in a cup. Need to be able to shake it vigorously to get it to dissolve. Had to have a bottle for that and didn't want to be just rinsing a bottle every morning to reuse the next day. For my breakfast shakes I like to bring a shaker tumbler. I do wash that out daily using the pre-soaped Dawn/Bounty paper towels. I pack 1 for each day folded flat in a ziplock. :D

We bring a 6 pack of water and then refill from the sink and keep cold in the cooler. These are mostly for shore trips. The vessel water is excellent.

AKK

We don't drink ship water; for us (me and DH) it's not good.*

We brought water onboard last cruise but it was heavy and awkward and we couldn't carry enough to last the whole cruise. So we bought water anyway. It's Evian, which we LOVE (yay spring water!), and even though it costs more than it would have if we had bought it at the store, it's convenient, and convenience comes with a price.

*Something about the created/desalinated/not-normal water that kills us. It's either not desalinated enough OR taking out all the minerals messes with our systems or something, not sure. But when we drink ship water and eat the food we swell up like balloons. When we drink spring water and eat the food we do not. Therefore, we do not drink the ship water, because swelling up like balloons isn't fun for us.

I explain because it's worth an explanation, and I explain extra because some like to blame the swelling on the food, but the food is being eaten anyway, and there's a difference based on the WATER.

And we are NOT alone in this issue at all. Here and on cruisecritic you will find people who have the same issues. If you don't have the issue, YAY! Celebrate extra! If you do, the bottled spring water is a great solution. :)

We don't drink ship water; for us (me and DH) it's not good.*

We brought water onboard last cruise but it was heavy and awkward and we couldn't carry enough to last the whole cruise. So we bought water anyway. It's Evian, which we LOVE (yay spring water!), and even though it costs more than it would have if we had bought it at the store, it's convenient, and convenience comes with a price.

*Something about the created/desalinated/not-normal water that kills us. It's either not desalinated enough OR taking out all the minerals messes with our systems or something, not sure. But when we drink ship water and eat the food we swell up like balloons. When we drink spring water and eat the food we do not. Therefore, we do not drink the ship water, because swelling up like balloons isn't fun for us.

I explain because it's worth an explanation, and I explain extra because some like to blame the swelling on the food, but the food is being eaten anyway, and there's a difference based on the WATER.

And we are NOT alone in this issue at all. Here and on cruisecritic you will find people who have the same issues. If you don't have the issue, YAY! Celebrate extra! If you do, the bottled spring water is a great solution. :)

I should try going strictly with bottled water to see if that makes the difference for me. I swell up so bad on cruises! I hate Evian, though. It's so nasty to me. We carried on big 36 packs on our WBPC. We put them into rolling duffle bags to bring onboard. :)

I vote "Yay". I can't stand packing or carrying extra weight and put me in the category of the ship water does NOT taste good. I didn't think the cost was that bad - let's face it, if you're on a Disney cruise you can afford a 6 or 12 pack of water :)

Water doesn't make you swell up, buffets and overeating and over drinking does. The diet sodas with the chemicals in them are harmful.

Last edited:
Messes with me as well. I eat moderately,no more than I do at home, and take shore excursions that involve as much walking as possible. I've tried different things to test this. I don't mind the taste of ship's water at all, but my ankles swell there and only there.

First time I brought the bottled water because we were able to drive to the port. Aquafina sells harder plastic bottles with thicker caps, so I buy those and carry them on in a roll aboard.

Then I took a cruise out of Canaveral and had to fly in. Bought Evian on board and I drank it but hated the taste. Minimal swelling of ankles that propping them up cured quickly. The only thing I can figure is the water used to make juice, so this last cruise, which I just came off of, I drank a minimal amount of it (though the apple was fantastic) and had just a tiny bit of swelling that disappeared a within a day of reaching London, even though I was walking at least 4 miles a day. The hotel had complimentary bottled water (didn't care for the taste of that either), but I drank that while touring and used tap water elsewhere when I could.

The good news for those of you traveling on The Magic this summer was that they had two brands of water available, Evian and an Italian water from the Alps that was some of the best water I have ever tasted. It was just under $50 for 28 bottles and I paid for it with the credit I got for using my Disney Visa.

I bought it on the way to the first Port Adventure. They gave me a cold bottle to take with me and put the remainder in my stateroom.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I do not ever drink diet soda because aspartame does a number on me.

Disney has a great selection of healthy foods that taste great and the proof were the kid's plates that I saw with them.

This last voyage had absolutely the best fresh fruit I have EVER had on a cruise ship,btw and the food was consistently good from beginning to end. Even though the water is potable, there is something different about it, my skin that is normally oily dries out and I use my own soap. Go figure.

I agree with the convenience. We used to buy before and bring on board but carrying it around was a pain, so we just order some on day 1 and consider it part of the cruise price.

You will likely get a lot of very strong responses one way or the other as this thread goes on. For me...it is worth the price. I just like to have as many bottles as possible in the fridge, on hand to use at a moments notice. I also have no desire to pack a bunch of empty water bottles in my suitcase (that effort, and suitcase space consumption, is not worth it to me). Soo....I'll pay for the bottled water. My choice...worth the money to me. :)

Something to add...if concierge... and you like bottled water, do not bring it, its in the concierge lounge on the newer ships and you can take it and on the old ships they often give you a supply at the start.

Yay. We always order water and I plan to again this fall. And I'm going to order some for my friends who are travelling with us.

The DCL site now lists Dasani (which I'm not a fan of - much prefer the Evian - and to top it off, the Dasani is the same cost as the Evian used to be!). Has anyone ordered from the website since it switched and what did you receive?

I would bring it if you have sensitivities and your carry-on has extra space.

Our carry-ons are packed with wine so we don't have room for water. :rotfl2:Because of that, we always buy a case of water and I like having them in the room for convenience. But I don't find it to be necessary. We have had unopened bottles left at the end of the cruise. So if you're unsure whether you'll use it or not, buy (or bring) a smaller sized case.

Yay or Nay. I would usually say Nay because it's easy to stop at Costco and get a case of the sport bottles flip tops. Ultra convenient. We just use the rolling luggage cart and tether the water and sodas even on that cart. Ultra easy. Excess Salt is was causes people to retain water. Not diet soda like I thought I read above. Why diet though when you are on vacation?

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter