Ordering food to your room help. Dinning options for late arrival.

staffieri

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge and come in late Saturday night. Probably be at the resort at 8pm. Looking for dining option for our late arrival. We are a group of 9 with kids. Thinking of ordering food to the room. Any advice? Are there places that deliver to the Animal Kingdom?

I believe you could get Papa Johns, Flippers (thin) or Giordano's (Chicago deep dish) delivered to the lobby at AKL.

Are you flying or driving? If flying, you might consider getting something at the airport before you hop aboard the DME (if that's how you are getting to AKL). If driving, you might want to consider stopping somewhere before you go to the resort. Just throwing thoughts out there in case you didn't want to wait for the food delivery once you get to the room. I would anticipate that it will take at least 30 - 60 minutes for food to be delivered to you. So, if you arrive at 8pm, it could be 9pm before your food gets to you. I know I would probably be getting a bit hangry by that time and I'm sure DH would've recommended a Snickers by that time! :rotfl:

Have a great trip!

If you're flying, there is an okay food court at MCO. McDonald's, Carvel, Sbarro, a Chinese place, Chili's Too, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Moe's Southwest Grill, Quizno's. We sometimes stop there if we're arriving late.

The Mara is open far later than that, and you could also see if you can get a walk in at Jiko or Boma. As pp said, you can also order room service at that time.

8pm really isn't late.
You could get food at MCO if you're flying.
You could also go to the quick service of your resort until midnight.
You could get room service at a premium price.
I assume pizza places off property would also deliver to the lobby but not sure why you'd go that route.

We had Papa Johns delivered when we were there. You have to meet them in the lobby, as they're not allowed to deliver directly to your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter