• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orbitz with kids more $$?

Tigerlulu

DIS Veteran
Ok help me out!

Searching Orbitz, I see prices for resort properties as they appear on disneys site with the fun, sun whatever discount.

When I add my two kiddos, searching for the same room, the prices jump quite a bit.

I currently am booked at POFQ through Disney. Orbitz, with my kids added, wants to charge me about 35 dollars more per night for the exact same room.

Is there a reason for this? Or a way to get around it? My kids aren't even staying with me! They'll be off site with their school group but i want them to have magic bands and charging privileges while in the parks.

I remember a tip a while back stating that you should always book on Orbitz without kids, and just call later to add them.

I was able to book yesterday AKL for 2 adults 1 child with no price change. In years past I did have to call and add him afterwards but yesterday it was same price either way. I put in 2 adults and 2 kids for POFQ and 2 adults without kids and came up with same price? I don't see where POFQ is part of the sun fun discount but you can get 15 percent off with thanks15. What hotel were you looking at? I do have to enter promo code each time I check a price.

I also called Orbitz today and they put me on hold while they called Disney for my confirmation number. I was then able to link it to my Disney experience and customize the magic bands for all of us.

I was able to book yesterday AKL for 2 adults 1 child with no price change. In years past I did have to call and add him afterwards but yesterday it was same price either way. I put in 2 adults and 2 kids for POFQ and 2 adults without kids and came up with same price? I don't see where POFQ is part of the sun fun discount but you can get 15 percent off with thanks15. What hotel were you looking at? I do have to enter promo code each time I check a price.

We had booked POFQ without a discount. Don't mind staying there but an upgrade might be nice!

I had to enter a promo code each time to price check also. I'll try to get a screen shot of what happening. It's interesting. I hate to have to call and deal with adding the kiddos.

ETA I played around with it. I was getting the higher pricing when I put the kids in from the main search screen.
When I added them in from the hotel property screen the price stayed the same.

Last edited:
Last summer we used tips from dis board members to book through cheap tickets. We booked for 2 and called to have the kids added. The agent resisted for a while, so I had to be explain several times,that Disney did not charge extra for kids. Eventually it worked out fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter