Orbitz promo thru March 31!

hey ! Just rebooked on Orbitz and canceled the original reservation, saved an additional $31
$584 for 6 nights !!

Yay! Thanks for the info...I just canceled my res with Disney and booked with Orbitz and saved $70!!!

New to Orbitz in general - do you book disney packages (like Stay Play & Dine) or Just rooms on orbitz?

New to Orbitz in general - do you book disney packages (like Stay Play & Dine) or Just rooms on orbitz?
I have only booked rooms. They offer flights and even some slightly discounted tickets on occasion. Right now I think they offer 5 days for the price of 3 but it might be good only until 12/31. You can save even more if you go through Ebates .

Go ahead and rebook using Ebates if you want to Eastern. I applied for an Orbitz credit card and as soon as it arrives I am rebooking again for the extra 5%!

I am curious why there is so much love for Orbitz? I always read these threads and look to book with them however their prices are astronomical. I am talking like $60 more a night vs booking with Disney. It is with other hotel lines like Embassy suites etc. as well. I am always confused how people say it is so much cheaper. How much coupon stacking does it take to make it a good deal?

Example POR rate with Disney, Expedia etc. is $253 and Orbitz is $311? what gives?

ETA: I just looked at Swan and Dolphin- Expedia $208 vs Orbitz $325! crazy

Last edited:
I am curious why there is so much love for Orbitz? I always read these threads and look to book with them however their prices are astronomical. I am talking like $60 more a night vs booking with Disney. It is with other hotel lines like Embassy suites etc. as well. I am always confused how people say it is so much cheaper. How much coupon stacking does it take to make it a good deal?

Example POR rate with Disney, Expedia etc. is $253 and Orbitz is $311? what gives?

I just did a spot check for Jan 24-30
Expedia POP $92 Orbitz $88 - 15%
Expedia Swan $255 Orbitz Swan $255 - 15%
Expedia POR $161 Orbitz $161 -15%

Just checked my dates in mid December and Orbitz has POFQ standard view for $188, Disney has it at $198, and Expedia also has it at $188, but I booked it on Orbitz at $170 a night for garden view a few weeks ago, plus I got an extra 15% off with a promo code. So I guess it just depends on the dates and availability.

I just did a spot check for Jan 24-30
Expedia POP $92 Orbitz $88 - 15%
Expedia Swan $255 Orbitz Swan $255 - 15%
Expedia POR $161 Orbitz $161 -15%

ETA: Apparently I missed the part about only putting 2 in a room. Rookie mistake I guess and put 5 in there. I put 2 in and the rate came up as $160. I debated erasing the bottom portion but still think it makes Orbitz business seem shady.

Do you have a PC or Mac...

So I really do not want to believe it is true, but I read an article when I was trying to figure out why Orbitz prices were always higher and found multiple articles on how Orbitz charges Mac users more money. Upwards of $30. It did not register with me to check until you posted the prices. Yep checked those dates that you posted. Grand total price for me?.........$205 a night! Same dates, now granted it has been a few hours since you posted this but ...I still can not believe that is true but there were multiple articles on it but 2012-2014.

>:(Seems crazy to me but now I might understand. >:(

I checked Swan and Dolphin is $372 for Jan 24-30! Same dates Seriously well over $100! T
ETA: the articles actually said 30% more not $30. even worse

Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting about this! I've never booked using Orbitz but it seems to be the cheapest way to get a Family Suite. Can you link this on MDE to get the 60 day FP booking window?

Thanks so much for posting about this! I've never booked using Orbitz but it seems to be the cheapest way to get a Family Suite. Can you link this on MDE to get the 60 day FP booking window?
Yes, you can link your reservation on MDE. You'll get the 60 day FP window, Magic Bands, Magical Express just the same as if you booked with Disney. Biggest difference (other than paying in full at booking) is that you can't add the dining plan.

Also, make sure you go into your reservation and double-check the address that your Magic Bands will be shipping to. It typically defaults to Orbitz's address.

I have used orbitz twice and both times I just booked the 2 adults in the room. Got great deals...then called them and added the kids for no charge. I have noticed now there is now a $150 max discount though, using their codes, so that is a bummer. The 2 trips I booked thru Orbitz were prior to this max so I saved hundred and hundreds off deluxe resorts.

Go ahead and rebook using Ebates if you want to Eastern. I applied for an Orbitz credit card and as soon as it arrives I am rebooking again for the extra 5%!
I actually had to cancel so I could add another person. So next time I will use, thanks!

btw Orbitz is good for cancelling-fast refund to your credit card. When I booked directly on the (Uni) hotel site it took weeks to receive credit for the cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter