Orange Lake village info

Penmac

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Looking to gather info on Orange Lake Resort. Booking last minute accommodations for our trip to Disney next month and extended family is staying at this resort so I am trying to coordinate with them. Prices are inching higher as we are so close to travel dates and we are not renting timeshare points since we are not staying a full week.

I booked 2 bedroom at River Island. Free cancellation since I’m not convinced yet. The price is $2K including all fees for 5 nights. We could get a better price staying at Sheraton Vistana. Also, we could book outside of River Island and save some money. But, I am trying to keep the trip low maintenance. We have 5 kids and our daily lives are naturally chaotic. Schlepping all over OL or waiting for shuttles is not how I want to spend my week— especially when we will be doing plenty of waiting at the parks.

Is River Island worth the extra $$? I’m annoyed they charge for tube rentals but I can let that go if it’s great in all other ways. Is it super noisy at night? Are units in River Island nice or would we be better paying less and staying in a different village for quieter pools and nicer accommodations? We will have a car since we are driving down from New England. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!! 🤗

What are your travel dates? Have you checked Redweek for your dates? It may not have free cancellation, but the price could be better than the 2k you have for only 5 days. Generally, the rental week is 7 days. I just came back from Sheraton Vistana. Although Vistana is a nice resort, I still think Orange Lake has more to offer for kids to keep busy. Now that I have stayed at both, I definitely prefer OL over Vistana. I have stayed in River Island, and West village at Orange Lake. For kids, I'd prefer the West Village, North Village or River Island. I think East village is more of a "golf" village and even though it has a pool, it's not as kid friendly as the other villages. The villages are not that far apart, but definitely closer to your other family members as opposed to staying at a different resort. After all, if they are staying at OL they will be in Kissimmee and not that close to you. I don't think you will be disappointed with OL at all. Maybe if you find a better price for your stay, you won't second guess staying there. Try Redweek. If you are renting from 8/5 - 8/12 there is a 2 bedroom at River Island showing now for $700 for the week. I think its worth giving Redweek a look. I have rented from them each time I stayed at Orange Lake and never had an issue. You will be renting from a timeshare owner and staying as their guest. But my personal preference would be Orange Lake without a doubt. I hope others chime in with their ideas and suggestions too. Good luck and have fun planning.

What are your travel dates? Have you checked Redweek for your dates? It may not have free cancellation, but the price could be better than the 2k you have for only 5 days. Generally, the rental week is 7 days. I just came back from Sheraton Vistana. Although Vistana is a nice resort, I still think Orange Lake has more to offer for kids to keep busy. Now that I have stayed at both, I definitely prefer OL over Vistana. I have stayed in River Island, and West village at Orange Lake. For kids, I'd prefer the West Village, North Village or River Island. I think East village is more of a "golf" village and even though it has a pool, it's not as kid friendly as the other villages. The villages are not that far apart, but definitely closer to your other family members as opposed to staying at a different resort. After all, if they are staying at OL they will be in Kissimmee and not that close to you. I don't think you will be disappointed with OL at all. Maybe if you find a better price for your stay, you won't second guess staying there. Try Redweek. If you are renting from 8/5 - 8/12 there is a 2 bedroom at River Island showing now for $700 for the week. I think its worth giving Redweek a look. I have rented from them each time I stayed at Orange Lake and never had an issue. You will be renting from a timeshare owner and staying as their guest. But my personal preference would be Orange Lake without a doubt. I hope others chime in with their ideas and suggestions too. Good luck and have fun planning.
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. We can’t stay for 7 nights because of some restrictions with potential playoff games happening that weekend before. Our arrival in Orlando, depending on game outcomes, could be anywhere from Sunday night to Monday night. We will do a last minute hotel when we arrive and check in Tues.

We have used redweek in the past and the price can’t be beat. I think that’s why I have some sticker shock with this 5-night price. But, you’ve given me some things to think about!

We are thinking of doing the Halloween party on check in day. What are the odds we will get into the OL resort before 4pm? Is this a terrible idea? 🤪 My other idea is wait until Wed to check in so we can attend the party and don’t have to deal with delays getting into the unit.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. We can’t stay for 7 nights because of some restrictions with potential playoff games happening that weekend before. Our arrival in Orlando, depending on game outcomes, could be anywhere from Sunday night to Monday night. We will do a last minute hotel when we arrive and check in Tues.

We have used redweek in the past and the price can’t be beat. I think that’s why I have some sticker shock with this 5-night price. But, you’ve given me some things to think about!

We are thinking of doing the Halloween party on check in day. What are the odds we will get into the OL resort before 4pm? Is this a terrible idea? 🤪 My other idea is wait until Wed to check in so we can attend the party and don’t have to deal with delays getting into the unit.
It is often cheaper to book 7 nights and just arrive a day or two late or check out early, depending on your situation.

It is often cheaper to book 7 nights and just arrive a day or two late or check out early, depending on your situation.
I agree with that suggestion. Why not pay less and check-in a day or so later. Then you save on the extra hotel stay $$ because the 7 day rental will cover the entire stay.

I thought about doing this. But, the check-in for our week is Saturday and we potentially won't be down there until late Monday night. We would have to check out of the resort the following Sat and find a hotel for that night and we are trying to do a park day that day before we leave Sunday. Thanks though!

I thought about doing this. But, the check-in for our week is Saturday and we potentially won't be down there until late Monday night. We would have to check out of the resort the following Sat and find a hotel for that night and we are trying to do a park day that day before we leave Sunday. Thanks though!
I think booking a week stay (Sun-Sun) is still an option. Book a Sunday - Sunday week and just check-in Monday night instead. Then you can still check out the following Sunday without having to book a night elsewhere. Do you think you can make that work? Have you checked Redweek for you dates yet?

I think booking a week stay (Sun-Sun) is still an option. Book a Sunday - Sunday week and just check-in Monday night instead. Then you can still check out the following Sunday without having to book a night elsewhere. Do you think you can make that work? Have you checked Redweek for you dates yet?
Yes. The only dates available for our week is Sat-Sat. 🙂

Yes. The only dates available for our week is Sat-Sat. 🙂
I'd suggest searching on Ebay and going on Tugbbs.com and making a request in the Timeshares Wanted Section.

Looking in just RCI, I see many August weekly stays available in Orlando for Sunday-Sunday. You should be able to save more than $1,000 by renting and not booking through the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter