Orange Lake East Village

DianeV

DIS Veteran
We have a 2 bedroom on hold through RCI and just wondering about this village. I know you have to pay for the tubes at the water area but what is this about a slide too? Also is internet free in the units or do you have to pay for that?

Just trying to get an idea of if we will have to pay out too much extra cash. Also there isnt any kind of resort fee per day there is there?

Finally, do all the units in the East village face the Disney property or would we need to request that?

thanks for any help!

I don't know the answer to your questions, but was disgruntled when we stayed there years ago to be charged $1 per toll free phone call. We never went back.

Sheila

Kinda goes along with the whole nickel and diming theme I see.

Only problem is we have an ongoing search for a unit end of June through July and not much else has come up. There are a couple 1 bedrooms out there at Silver Lake/Vac Village at Parkway/Cypress Palms/ but everything else does not look appealing at all

Thinking since its a 2 bedroom and its not the dreaded West Village we may just have to go for it but dont want to pay out all kinds of cash either

Splash Lagoon has a water slide. The tubes are at River Island and we have never paid. Someone is always leaving and gives us their tubes. There are many just laying around it is not very monitored. We have stayed only in the River Island section and West Village and love love love them both. The pizza delivery is decent and reasonable. You can take a cooler to the pools, no glass. I am not sure about the internet we never use it when away. Have a great time.

We've liked the West Village, too. But I understand that there are some villas in that large section that aren't as nice as others. I'm not up to date on whether the older sections of this resort have been/are being/will be refurbished since our last visit six years ago.

The East Village was built after the West and North sections and before the River Island section so it's newish (I'm guessing but don't remember with any certainty that is was built in 2001-2002 or so).

The slide at the North Village Splash Lagoon pool is nice but I believe that there's a bigger one at River Island.

I saw that they were developing Wi-Fi throughout the resort but I don't know where that project is today. I believe that there's internet availability from the business center in West Village clubhouse and maybe over at the River Island section. Otherwise it's dial up if you have it. I paid nothing for calls/internet dial ups when I used the "right" local numbers. I can't remember is it's Kissimmee numbers or Orlando numbers that are free while the other has a $1 per call charge.

I think you'd have to request a Disney-facing (toward Animal Kingdom property?) location but I'm not sure what you'd see. Some buildings are oriented toward the Western Expressway with golf course on either side, some have the golf course on one side and, I think, woods on the other, some are oriented toward Disney's Western Way entrance road with trees buffering on one side and the golf course on the other, and a couple of building face toward the outer edges of the Animal Kingdom property (with a part of the golf course and trees in between).

Dick Taylor

I stayed there 2 years ago... also thru RCI. Definitely don't remember paying for the inner tubes, but we didn't use them much, my kids were pretty little and content to play in the zero entry part of the pool.

There was a huge inflatable slide right by River Country that there probably was a charge to go down...but we didn't do it.

Didn't use the internet either.

As for facing Disney property...it is pretty far out (15 min drive to MK---AK is closest at probably 8-10 min drive), so even if you were facing it, you wouldn't see anything.

We stayed near River Island toward the back of the villas, and our villa was beautiful and quiet with a golf course view...no complaints.

As for facing Disney property...it is pretty far out (15 min drive to MK---AK is closest at probably 8-10 min drive), so even if you were facing it, you wouldn't see anything.

That's true as far as driving to the AK parking lot but the OLCC and AK properties share a border. The AK Lodge is no more than a half mile through the woods from the Publix store at the OLCC entrance and the AK theme park's Savannah is less than a mile (over the golf course, through the woods, and probably over a tall electrified fence ;)) from the OLCC East Village. But you're probably right that you wouldn't see anything because of all the buffer trees.

Dick Taylor

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter