Orange Lake Country Club AKA - OLCC

magiroux

<font color=purple>But what about the rum punch?<b
Just returned from our stay at OLCC. We booked on a RCI timeshare exchange 12/24 -12/31.

I had heard many mixed reviews about this resort so I was prepared to perhaps not having the best acommodations, especially since we were arriving off a cruise two days late of our check in date. Thought we might be getting the "bottom of the barrel" since we were exchangers and not owners.

Check in took less than 5 minutes, including getting our "parking pass" - you know, sales pitch. Politely declined and was never bothered again. We got a few messages for free breakfast and free pitcures but just ignored these.

We were assigned unit 3040 in the North Village (I think). It was a single level 2 bedroom condo. It was freshly painted and other than a shower curtain missing in the guest bathroom and several very large cob webs hanging from the walls, the unit was in perfect shape.

They provide a starter kit for your stay that is probably the best I have ever received in a timeshare resort. I thought enough laundry soap for 4 loads of wash is very generous.

Internet cafe was excellent and prices were reasonable. They have so many computers there was always one available when needed. It cost $2.50 to print boarding passes.

Unfortunately, we were only there for 5 days and did parks early each morning (to beat the holiday crowds) and rested in the afternoons before heading out to dinner, so did not use ANY of the ammenities the resort offers. I did ride down to the new Lazy River and mini golf. It looked awesome. Plenty of parking behind the water park.

We always entered through the back (the OL Town Center bypass road) and never had a problem.

This place is HUGE. It took us almost 5 minutes to get to the highway from our unit. Part of this is the speed limit that you need to obey because there are golf carts everywhere on the very winding roads. Many blind corners. Also, several times I saw the sheriff's car at those stop signs so don't roll through them;) .

Well, that's all I can recall off the top, but if anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

I'm glad to see this post, because I do have a question. Exactly where is OLCC located? We were at Disney (Cypress Pointe GV) the week before Christmas, but we went up to Universal CityWalk a couple of times for dinner and a movie. I thought I saw a complex near Universal (off to the side of I-4) that had OLCC on it's gates. But, I thought that Orange Lake was down on 192.

We'll probably stay at CPGV again next year (really liked it), but OLCC would be closer to US/IOA (which is what we're doing next year).

Thanks!

OLCC is on 192 just west of mile marker 5. A very easy ride to WDW.

If Cypress Pointe is the resort a few blocks down from the Crossroads Plaza, I don't think OLCC is closer to Universal. Heading on I4 East, OLCC was about a 7-10 minute ride to the exit leading to the CPGV.

We were back in OLCC for a wedding in October. It does go WAAAAAAAY back, as the OP stated. Looked nice enough though.
OLCC property is buffered between the new 429 toll way and AKL. (And directly off 192.)

I'm glad to see this post, because I do have a question. Exactly where is OLCC located? We were at Disney (Cypress Pointe GV) the week before Christmas, but we went up to Universal CityWalk a couple of times for dinner and a movie. I thought I saw a complex near Universal (off to the side of I-4) that had OLCC on it's gates. But, I thought that Orange Lake was down on 192.
We'll probably stay at CPGV again next year (really liked it), but OLCC would be closer to US/IOA (which is what we're doing next year).

Thanks!

Okay, it looks like I was right, and OLCC is down on 192 (it seems like I can remember seeing it down there as far back as almost 30 years ago).

In that case, does anybody have any idea what I might have seen that looked like the letters OLCC on the left side of I-4 going north towards Universal??? :confused3

Hi, can't answer your question, just wanted to say I am glad to read this review of OLCC. Parents gave us a week in their timeshare and this is where we'll be staying next July.

Glad also checkin was only a few minutes. We stayed in Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, our first stay in a time share (we do not own), and the checkin was over a half hour:-(

Glad you had a good trip, makes me look forward to ours even more! Happy New Year:-)
Michele

My family stayed here a few years back and did not like it. Glad you had a better time. I would personally never go back.

I personally would feel uncomfortable about this. Can you cancel without penalty. It is more, but confirmation is there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter