Opinions Wanted - Which Pool for a Pool Day?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We are travelling to Disneyland in early November and we are planning a full pool day. I’m hoping you can share your opinions on where we should do our pool day.

We are doing a split stay with 5 days at GCH and 1 day at DL. The day we check out of DL we could stay and do our pool day there or head straight over to GCH and do the pools there. Because of some changes in our plans, I’ll also note that we have a Trader Sam’s reservation at 600 pm that day. It would be convenient to already be there instead of going back and forth but I’m not sure how we shower etc since we will be checked out already. That said, our kids are 9 and 12 and I think they would enjoy the waterslides at DL and would have more opportunities to swim at the GCH since we are there longer.

Is the construction noise at DL awful?

I will also note, and please don’t kill me, I have cabanas booked at both.

Thanks for your help!

GCH by a mile. The water slides are better at the DL hotel, but the atmosphere and services located next to the GCH pool make the difference. Its also more quiet/nicer atmosphere. If anyone in your party likes a great massage experience, you can book on at the GCH, its right next to the pool.

With the construction I would definitely do GCH for the pools. The construction is loud and not a very relaxing backdrop for a pool day.

A full pool day in November?

Uh...

I'd recommend an hour poolside at each pool on separate days of your trip so you can try them both. Do it on check out day in the mid afternoon at DLH. Then walk over to your new room at GCH and shower and change for dinner. It's not a long walk. Then do another one later on at GCH.

The weather is likely not going to be conducive to a full pool day. Sure, it *might* be warm, but it won't be sunny for much of the day, especially if you go after DST ends on Nov 6.

But if you are really set on this idea, GCH is the winner. That construction at DLH is really annoyingly loud and intrusive.

I agree. The construction is really impactful. I would do the DL pools for an hour or so just to experience the slides if that is a priority. GCH does have a water slide that is also fun (closes at 6:00 PM). I really like the GCH pools, although I wouldn’t spend a whole day there.

I will also note, and please don’t kill me, I have cabanas booked at both.
A few notes about GCH and cabanas:
  • GCH cabanas have a patio table with umbrella and chairs (4 or 5) and 2 lounge chairs with umbrella. DLH cabanas do not have a patio table
  • Cabanas can be booked even when staying at a different DLR hotel
  • There are restrooms with showers inside the GCH pool area (bring your own soap/shampoo)
  • Pre-Covid, GCH had a server dedicated to the 6 cabanas (not sure about current staffing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter