Opinions S'il Vous Plait

indigo

Disney Blogger!
We're tenatively planning eating at these fine establishments. We'll be talking to our planning coordinator soon and I was hoping ya'll would have some suggestions. We're staying at AKL the first three nights then YC the last three.

Merci!

Oct 9th (Wed) - MK
Arrive early AM at Orlando
Breakfast: Boma
Lunch: (open)
Early-ish Dinner at V&A, Narcoossee’s, or MK restaurant

Oct 10th (Thu) - EPCOT
Breakfast – Boma or ???
Lunch on tour: Epcot – undiscovered world (10:30AM 5hrs)
Dinner at DTD/PI -- Fulton’s Crab House (has a walk to La Nouba) or Wolfgang Puck/HOB/Bongo’s Cuban Cafe
La Nouba 9pm show

Oct 11th (Fri) – AK in AM / MNSSHP
Breakfast: BOMA
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner: V&A if we can’t get it earlier or Jiko or Narcoossee’s or MK Restaurant (CRT or LTT)
MNSSHP @ MK (Parade & Fireworks)

Oct 12th (Sat) – "Day of Rest (and changing hotels)"
Breakfast: Sunrise Safari at AK (only other day is Tuesday and we’ll be at YC then)
Lunch: (play by ear) Suggest BW, Epcot or Monorail hotel Restaurant
Dinner: MK restaurant (CRT, LTT, whichever we didn’t do the other night) or Narcoossee’s
Spectromagic and FITS Fireworks

Oct 13th (Sun) – MK
Breakfast: Kona Cafe at Poly OR Cape May Cafe
Lunch on Tour: MK – Keys to the Kindgom (5hrs) 8:30, 9:30 & 10:00am and 1:30pm
Dinner: R&C/Bistro De Paris/Le Cellier
EPCOT at night (possible illuminations cruise)

Oct 14th (Mon) – MGM
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine (as early as possible!)
Lunch: sci-fi Dine-in or ???
Dinner: Brown Derby (our one repeat restaurant)
Fantasmic!

Oct 15th (Tue) – EPCOT
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe OR dine in-room
Lunch: (play by ear)
Dinner at Le Cellier OR Flying Fish OR Yachtman Steakhoue
EPCOT (Illuminations) (possible illuminations cruise)

Oct 16th (Wed) – “Now it’s time to say goodbye...”
Breakfast: Spoodles / Yacht Club Galley / or ???
Early Lunch: (open)
Early Dinner: (open) Yachtman Steakhouse (does it open early enough?)
Depart to airport in the early evening (6pm),

Thanks for your opinions!

Congratulations!!!

Just my two cents here...

It's your honeymoon. Do the tasting at Victoria and Alberts for your first night's dinner. It's worth the money. Top notch cusine.

On Tuesday, go to either House of Blues or Bongos. Both are great and are much closer to Cirque du Soliel. Bongos has a little more upscale feel and usually has a nice cuban band playing downstairs. Great food too. House of Blues has some great food (have one here in New Orleans) and usually has the music crankin in the dining room.

Definitely go to Kona Cafe and get the Tonga Toast.

Le Cellier is great.

Bistro de Paris is great.

Rose and Crown is better for a smaller meal and lots of beer.

Don't bother with Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Go to Flying Fish. If you really want a steak, go to Le Cellier. If you must have a seriously top notch steak meal, go to California Grill and get the filet.

Well, congratulations once again and have a great time!

We went for our honeymoon and loved Ohanas, Le Cellier and CRT. You oculd do CRT for a MK lunch or dinner and you could do Cellier for lunch or dinner at Epcot. Ohanas is only dinner, but you will have a blast. Plus, it is a quick monorail ride from the MK :)

It's my understanding that Bongo's doesn't accept PS's. We'll probably be wanting to eat around 7 or 7:15, do you think we'll have a problem getting in?

I'd rather not go to HOB, because we can experience that here in LV and at DTD-Disneyland

Thanks for your input. keep it coming.

Bongo's is a pretty big restaurant. I don't think that in October it should be very difficult to get a 2-top. They have a really nice balcony that overlooks both the West Side promenade and the lagoon. If the weather is nice you could sit out there.

If you go there, get a mojito. It's a traditional cuban drink made with rum, mint and lime. Very refreshing!

Hiya!

I have a couple of suggestions. :) As always these suggestions are ones I would do... Every ones miles may vary. ;)

Oct 9th (Wed) - MK
Arrive early AM at Orlando
Breakfast: Boma

I always take early flights into Orlando on my vacations, but even if my plane lands at 9:00am, I have never made it to a Disney Hotel in time for breakfast so I am not sure if your first Boma breakfast is going to work out.

You might want to try Mara instead the first day, and then plan to go to Boma for the breakfast buffet the next morning.

Mara is the Quick Service Restaurant in AKL. It's next to the pool.

Oct 14th (Mon) – MGM
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine (as early as possible!)
Lunch: sci-fi Dine-in or ???
Dinner: Brown Derby (our one repeat restaurant)
Fantasmic!

The Sci-Fi Dine In is OK, the food is not that great and it is over priced. I would go to the Prime Time Cafe instead. The place is a running 50's sitcom and is a lot of fun to eat at.

Hope this helps!!

Cindy in NY

As a honeymooner at Disney, I highly suggest three places:

Victoria and Albert's- it's definitely worth the price for the attention you receive, quantity of foor and its quality.

Le Cellier - Amazing steaks AND we also received a free dessert there

A character meal - Every time we go to Disney, we always go to a character meal. This year, we went to breakfast at the Crystal Palace (my DH LOVES Tigger). Chef Mickey's is great as is Hollywood and Vine.

Just an observation: I see A LOT of breakfasts on your schedule. It truly depends on what you plan to do in the world, but I know DH and I could never handle that many breakfasts in one week. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and got something quick at the counter service restaurant there.

Enjoy!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter