Opinions on Thanksgiving weekend flight prices please :)

jalaine

Mouseketeer
So SW flights are still about $500 one way the return flight back we need. We've never flown Thanksgiving Day weekend before. Another airline has a non-stop flight the Sunday after Thanksgiving for $324 per person one way. (We have our flights down booked w/ SW at about $150 per person from release day for price comparison). $324 is way overpriced for what I usually pay, but I'm not sure if that's the best we're going to get. We need 5 tickets, so I'm really trying to save as much as I can. Does anyone who has experience flying that weekend know if that sounds like the best deal we'll get???? Trying to figure out if I should wait for something better or if that's as good as it's going to get at this point since it's pretty much the busiest flying day of the year from what I hear...

I don't usually fly Thanksgiving week, but I fly at other high/busy times. What a person usually pays at other times vs what you will pay on a holiday week are very different. I'd assume they probably aren't coming down unfortunately.

I was flying home from DLR on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving last year. Not the same in that it's not as close to the holiday but I had a similar problem. I got a great deal on our trip out the week prior but watched that return flight for months waiting for it to budge. It was around $225 and just didn't want to budge. It went up $5. It went down $5. But no substantial change. Finally somewhere in the 6-8 week range it went down to $150 for a nanosecond and I booked. Still a lot more than I was used to paying. But it never ended up going down much more again.

We are visiting right after Thanksgiving, but DH reminded me that the Sunday after the holiday is a prime traveling day and might be a gigantic hassle. So we decided to opt for the Tuesday after instead. We're using travel funds for the flight, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the cost, but I think it's around $260 r/t vs close to $400 one-way flying on that Sunday (and slim pickings flight-wise to boot).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter