Open Lunch-ers :)

IWasBornToLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
Who has open lunch? How often? How did you get it?

I'm a junior and have it every day. Last year I had it every Friday, but I was only one of like 20 that had it.

Juniors must have an average of over 85% on all district semester tests. Seniors get it if they improve on their Dakota Step test scores from 8th grade.

Oh it's when you don't have to stay in school for the lunch/study period of the day. You get to leave for both, so for us that's an hour.

I've never heard of that and I don't think we have it. With the parents around here, I don't think that'd be a very good idea anyways.

Our school has told us many times that would never happen.
1. Our town is small, the amount of restaurants we have is not enough to hold all of the kids at lunch if most of the kids decided to leave. (Yes, some would go home, some would stay at school, there would still be too many kids.)
2. They think it will cause more traffic accidents.
3. They don't think students will come back to school.

I see their points, it doesn't bother me though. Plus we only get like 20 minutes for lunch, so it'd take you that long to get through the line in a restaurant!

We never had open lunch. I think some of the high schools where I live now do though. Most of the high schools have an odd clumping of fast food restaurants next to them. ;)

There's no such thing here.
We can leave the school at any freaking hour of the day basically.
I mean yeah, if it's during class we might be asked where we're going, but they don't give a crap what we do during lunch.

Study hall we're not allowed to leave, but study hall is considered a class, and a required part of our day.

My old school had it, but only if you were a senior. If you were in 11, 10, or 9th grade, you had to have a parent permission in order to leave for lunch.

But at my new school, you can't. :[

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter