"Only Heaven Is Better than Disney World": Live TR 8/24

I cant wait to do my pic a pearl in 11 days! DH got me a necklace last yr this yr he wants to get me earrings and DD a necklace..

WOW $8 water from room service.. We plan on doing breakfast in room but I believe we will just make coffee in the room or run to CL for juice..

After we left Japan, we headed to American Adventure.

45cc03fa.jpg

We were going to watch the show, but it didn't start for another 45 minutes, so we headed to Germany instead.

On the way to Germany, I saw a friendship boat pulling up. I suggested that we take the boat to Mexico, and work our way back toward Japan to pick up my bracelet before dinner instead of after. My fiancé agreed that was good idea, and we got in line for the boat. As we were waiting, we saw this bird chilling on the wood pilings with his feathers flapping in the breeze. Unfortunately, you can't see that in this picture, but it was too cute.

23ea58fe.jpg

Within a few minutes, we had arrived at Mexico.

577e5cc4.jpg

Our first stop there was the new tequila bar.

d744f3f8.jpg

I had wanted I try a flight of margaritas, but the guy at the bar said they don't sell them on weekends :(. We decided to share a Blue Magic margarita instead. It was pretty good.

5d263c49.jpg

We headed over to the Gran Fiesta Tour, seeing these guys along the way.

d63353f4.jpg

The boat ride was a walk-on, as usual.

55e0b399.jpg

After the boat ride was over, we ended up going over to Norway to ride the Maelstrom, which had about a ten minute wait.

6e60ba17.jpg

We stopped in the store to get a troll picture, and then started to head out.

3b68843a.jpg

However, I started to get very dizzy and lightheaded all of the sudden and had to sit down. It was much worse this time than in Japan. I think I may have been a little dehydrated, and drinking a half of a Grand Marnier slushie and half of a margarita certainly didn't help. My loving fiancé went to get me some more water, but it didn't seem to help much. He suggested I eat a little something to see if it made a difference, so I asked him to get me a pretzel from the bakery because it seemed like it would be something bland and mild. However, I didn't realize that the pretzels in Norway are sweet and covered in chocolate, so I couldn't eat it with how I was feeling. My fiancé ate a little bit, decided it was too sweet also, and threw it away. Since I had been sitting down for a little bit and fell slightly better (but not much!), I asked if we could save China, Germany, and Italy for another night and head over to Canada to see if we could check in early for our dinner.

In the next update: Le Cellier!!!

I cant wait to do my pic a pearl in 11 days! DH got me a necklace last yr this yr he wants to get me earrings and DD a necklace..

WOW $8 water from room service.. We plan on doing breakfast in room but I believe we will just make coffee in the room or run to CL for juice..

Yeah, the breakfast food from room service was actually decently priced, but they get you on the water ;)

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well again! I hope dinner helps you feel better!

They don't have margarita flights on the weekends? I wonder what the reason is there. I may just have to ask the bartender about that next week! Thanks for the heads up- I will make it a point to visit on a weekday.

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well again! I hope dinner helps you feel better!

They don't have margarita flights on the weekends? I wonder what the reason is there. I may just have to ask the bartender about that next week! Thanks for the heads up- I will make it a point to visit on a weekday.

I know! I was disappointed, but we might be there tomorrow for a little...in which case I might have to get one!

Despite feeling lightheaded, I made it to Le Cellier without passing out or anything. Just as we were approaching the check-in podium, we started to feel a few raindrops but thought nothing of it at first--it was helping to cool us down.

3a3f768e.jpg

We checked in about a half an hour early and then walked up to the restaurant to take a seat outside and wait to be called.

3d1207de.jpg

60b83b2f.jpg

We had only been sitting a couple of minutes when the rain started to come down a little harder. Luckily, we got inside before the torrential downpour started!

We had to wait a little while longer, since we had checked in early, but we still ended up being seated ten minutes early. By that time, I was feeling a lot better!

58d3703e.jpg

First, they brought out the three types of bread that they served. We enjoyed the pretzel bread the most.

cb265f73.jpg

For our appetizers, my fiancé got the Canadian cheddar cheese soup, and I got the spicy sausage with polenta.

3a474d88.jpg

3b5efa76.jpg

For our entrees, my fiancé ordered the New York strip steak, and I originally got the potato gnocchi with pesto sauce. I say originally because when our waitress brought it out, I took two bites of it and couldn't eat it. The pesto sauce was so overwhelming that I couldn't taste the gnocchi. I wasn't going to say anything, but our waitress (who was awesome by the way) saw the look on my face and offered to bring me something else instead. I asked to get the salt-crusted prime rib instead, which was sooooo much better.

My fiancé's strip steak
40672b3b.jpg

The disgusting gnocchi

fe019660.jpg

The yummy prime rib replacement--forgot to take a picture until I had already cut it up, so excuse its appearance!

342094b8.jpg

For dessert, he got the Smores, and I got the chocolate whisky cake. Both were very good! Also, this was the first restaurant that recognized our engagement, other than a verbal congratulations! I love the way they decorated our plate! :goodvibes:

dcd5635b.jpg

Overall, I very much enjoyed Le Cellier and would like to return again...but with it becoming two table service credits next year, I am not sure if we'll do that or not.

After Le Cellier, my fiancé ran back over to Japan to pick up my bracelet while I headed back to the Beach Club where we were going to catch a bus back to the Magic Kingdom area.

I took a couple of night time shots of the Boardwalk on the way.

9ca42e5c.jpg

77c68227.jpg

My fiancé caught up with me rather quickly, and we hopped the first MK area bus that came along which was going to the Grand Floridian.

We had to cut through the beautiful lobby of the GF to get to the monorail.

0eb73360.jpg

A little while later, we got off the monorail at the TTC, walked back to our rooms, and went to bed.

And now, I am finally caught up until this morning! I'll give more details in the next post, but the general plans for today were DHS in the morning, pool time in the afternoon, and MK for dinner.

Thanks to everyone for reading and look for today's update later tonight!

i've been lurking but i wanted to say hi from delaware!!! can't wait to read more and thank you for the live report. how are the crowds?

Glad your Le Cellier dinner turned out well! And thanks once again- this time for the warning on the gnocchi! I was thinking I might want that, but now I believe I will order a steak after all!

Can't wait to read about tomorrow!

Glad your Le Cellier dinner turned out well! And thanks once again- this time for the warning on the gnocchi! I was thinking I might want that, but now I believe I will order a steak after all!

Can't wait to read about tomorrow!

I was really looking forward to it as I love gnocchi, but I was expecting a very light pesto...it was WAY too strong for me!

This morning we had breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

9a0c49ae.jpg

This seems like it would be a great place to try if you didn't have an ADR; it wasn't very busy at all. We were seated right away and taken to our table.

28bf2fdf.jpg

f9f93588.jpg

For breakfast, my fiancé got a Mickey waffle, and I got the citrus pancakes with roasted pecans, sun-dried cranberries, and orange butter. Both came with sausage.

e5ccbb5e.jpg

530afceb.jpg

They were VERY good!

After we finished breakfast, we took the bus to Hollywood Studios to see a couple of attractions we missed and go on some of our favorites again.

We went on Tower of Terror first--twice actually! I thought the wait time posted was funny, so I had to get a picture of it.

3c576e22.jpg

In between our two ToT rides, my fiancé ran over and grabbed a Rockin' Rollercoaster fastpass for later.

After that, we browsed through some of the shops and got a picture with this beauty:

577ab44a.jpg

Next, we swung by the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but there was a little bit of time before the next show. We headed onto the Great Movie Ride instead, where I got lots of pictures.

f81c6bcd.jpg

69043914.jpg

e73a6d28.jpg

63867824.jpg

1d1e78f4.jpg

7328bc07.jpg

44d98abb.jpg

5b867176.jpg

d17e07ce.jpg

2a62623b.jpg

0055d3a7.jpg

6d9901db.jpg

c6f935bb.jpg

Does anyone else tear up a little at the Gone of the Wind music during the movie at the end?

After the Great Movie Ride, we headed back to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

53b13c0a.jpg

By the time that was over, we could use our Rockin' Rollercoaster passes, so we headed back over there and rode that.

b4b57937.jpg

We were going to eat lunch there but changed our minds and decided to grab something back at the resort instead.

The bus was there as we walked up, so we got back to the Polynesian very quickly. There was a cute surprise waiting in our room when we got there.

b92fbbe6.jpg

59555bac.jpg

We changed into our swimsuits and threw some clothes over them, and then we moseyed on over to Captain Cook's for lunch. My fiancé got a BBQ chicken flatbread, and I got a pepperoni one. We also got some fries to share. Sorry, no pictures--we left the camera in the room because we were heading to the pool too.

After we finished eating, we headed over to the volcano pool for a swim. This was our first time in it, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The pool wasn't actually that crowded, so we got a chance to ride the water slide a couple times, hang out by the waterfall, and just relax in general. I love how you can see the Magic Kingdom right from the pool!

We spent about 45 minutes or so in the pool before heading back to the room for a nap. Afterwards, we headed to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, which I'll talk about it my next post! :)

Thanks again for reading everyone!

You have done such a great job doing this report in real time! I'm still writing my report from February!! Ha! I'm sad to see it come to an end (probably not as sad as you though...;))

Looking forward to hearing about CRT! :goodvibes

Sara

I hate that your trip is ending so soon. But I can see you had a great time ... even with blistered feet, upset tummy and light headedness.

I know it is too late for this trip, but might benefit a future trip or some of your TR fans: did you know you can get free water in all the parks? If you just go to a vendor who serves fountain drinks and ask for a "cup of water," they will give you a full-size cup of ice water for free. Some places serve it in small cups, but most are the medium size. Also, many people say the water tastes nasty. I have only found one place where it does taste nasty: Casey's at MK. Other than that, it isn't too bad ... especially when you compare the price of $2.50 per bottle. That's a huge savings for most of us, especially me since I can go through three-four bottles in a day.

Enjoy your last day and I look forward to reading all about it.

You have done such a great job doing this report in real time! I'm still writing my report from February!! Ha! I'm sad to see it come to an end (probably not as sad as you though...;))

Looking forward to hearing about CRT! :goodvibes

Sara

I am pretty sure if I didn't write it live it might not get finished at all ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter