Only 4 more days until we leave. TA called today, Disney upgraded my family!

Jenny Wren

Mouseketeer
My TA called this afternoon and told me that she received a phone call from Disney and they upgraded our hotel from the All Star Sports to Caribbean Beach Resort. I don't know if this is good or not, since I have never been there. But I have read that there are alot of people that feel the value resorts are just as nice as the moderate. So I guess in 4 days I will find out. I have been packing all day, can't wait for warmer weather. Yippeeee:banana:

congratulations on your upgrade. I'm sure that your family will enjoy staying there. Happy vacation.:thumbsup2

WOW, VERY NICE!!!!

We actually were going to stay at the CBR but the wife fell in love with the theme of CSR and booked it, please post and let us know what you think, likes, thanks and have a great time!!!

We are going to the All Star Sports in 3 weeks and 6 days!! It would be nice to have such a great suprise!!!!

Could you pass along that I'd like the upgrade too? :rotfl:

We'll be there the last week of Jan!

Let us know how much different it is...

Well, I got a call this moning from my TA. Disney did give my family the preferred room because we did pay for preferred rooms at the value resort, and also because of my husbands foot. But, they did not give my brothers family the preferred rooms, they got standard rooms, which I am waiting to see when the TA calls me back, where they are located. I think this is bull. Sure, they ugraded us to a very nice resort, we all paid extra for preferred rooms at the value resorts, we are traveling together, dining together, doing everything together. I am hoping that the standard room is not off in lala land somewhere. If its near our preferred rooms, that will be fine. But if not, I ain't taking the preferred rooms. We all want to be close together to spare any unwanted aggravation. I'm a little upset right now.:sad2:

Wow, congratulations. I supposed that tomorrow is the day of your trip. I hope you will have a great time and enjoy the moment. :)

Have a safe trip and have fun. :)

Well, I got a call this moning from my TA. Disney did give my family the preferred room because we did pay for preferred rooms at the value resort, and also because of my husbands foot. But, they did not give my brothers family the preferred rooms, they got standard rooms, which I am waiting to see when the TA calls me back, where they are located. I think this is bull. Sure, they ugraded us to a very nice resort, we all paid extra for preferred rooms at the value resorts, we are traveling together, dining together, doing everything together. I am hoping that the standard room is not off in lala land somewhere. If its near our preferred rooms, that will be fine. But if not, I ain't taking the preferred rooms. We all want to be close together to spare any unwanted aggravation. I'm a little upset right now.:sad2:

Wow I would just be happy with the upgrade!

Both my family and my brothers family got the preferred rooms at the CBR. This time tomorrow we will be there. I can't believe that its almost here. I hope the flight goes well, this is the first flying for the 6 of us. :cool1:

We have stayed at the CBR and we were going to this trip also but the rest of our group is at the POFQ so we changed. Let me say this...you will LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I am envious that you will be going tomorrow, we have to wait 122 days :)

Have a great trip - I'll be at the All Star Sports on Tuesday - enjoy your upgrade and have fun!!!

Thank you all for the nice thoughts!! I am still running around like a chicken with its head cut off, but besides that, I'm excited. I haven't been to Disney for 26 years. I suppose there will be lots to see. I hope I don't get home sick. I know that I'm going to miss my cat, Fergie, for sure. Shes my baby!! She is probably going to be wondering where we went. Everyone tells me that there is so much to do that I won't have time to get homesick. I guess I'll find out. Thank you all, and say a prayer for me if you will, I'm a litte scared about the flying part. lol.

WALT DISNEY WORLD, HERE WE COME!!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

That's wonderful!! I wish they'd upgrade us from POR to Contemporary. ;) Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the flight!!

You are going to love it--we stayed at ASM twice & POP before making the move up to Moderate. CBR was our 1st and we stayed there 2 years in a row. I do feel there is a difference in Value/Moderate. CBR has a very nice, laid back feel to it. We stayed in Jamaica both times and the walk through Caribbean Cay was one of my favorite things! Enjoy!

You are going to love CBR. :goodvibes Althought it's special to me because DH and I stayed there for our honeymoon, so I may be a bit partial. But it has such a fun island vibe you and your family will have a great time!:grouphug: I will say that I'm jealous that you are leaving in 2 days. But I can't be too jealous, we go in exactly 90 days. All our ressies were finalized this morning!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter