Online check in

Amyz00

DIS Veteran
We have always preferred to checkin at the reservation desk but I’ve read so many posts where people were able to get into their rooms immediately (via MagicBands) after arriving at their resort. When is the room number posted onto your MDE? We are staying at CSR for the first time and can map it. Would you suggest doing this or just going to to the reservations desk? We leave in four days!:mickeyjum

Sorry - I thought I had posted this on the Resort thread. How can I move it there?

You have to have done online checkin for the room-ready text (or having it posted in MDE) to be possible. And then it's up to chance. I don't know where it's posted in MDE b/c we've never gotten it (though I always do online checkin).

I tried doing online check in today. It goes through all the screens but when I finish and submit I get a message saying online checkin not available. Wonder why

You have to have done online checkin for the room-ready text (or having it posted in MDE) to be possible. And then it's up to chance. I don't know where it's posted in MDE b/c we've never gotten it (though I always do online checkin).
In Resort Reservation. I never get texts, they don’t text non US phones but in Dec it was on MDE. Had to go to desk anyway to get my MB. They don’t send those either to non US addresses

We have always preferred to checkin at the reservation desk but I’ve read so many posts where people were able to get into their rooms immediately (via MagicBands) after arriving at their resort. When is the room number posted onto your MDE? We are staying at CSR for the first time and can map it. Would you suggest doing this or just going to to the reservations desk? We leave in four days!:mickeyjum
Why not give it a try and see if you win the "Straight" to room Text lottery.

First you need to complete Online Check-in with an arrival time selected, have a credit card tied to your MDE account and have a PIN Code set. In addition you need to have a valid US Cellular phone number listed in your MDE profile. You might get a SMS Txt with your room number & you might find your room number listed in your MDE account before, during or after your arrival at the CSR.

Even with all these steps, you might still have to go to the Front desk if you don't get a SMS Txt some time on your arrival day, you get tired of waiting or if you need to pickup MBs for example.

Dave

I did it and it just states standard room. Oh well. I don’t mind heading to the lobby, just thought it would be nice to get to the parks a little quicker.

I tried doing online check in today. It goes through all the screens but when I finish and submit I get a message saying online checkin not available. Wonder why

I agree - it must be a glitch. Did you try today?

Why not give it a try and see if you win the "Straight" to room Text lottery.

First you need to complete Online Check-in with an arrival time selected, have a credit card tied to your MDE account and have a PIN Code set. In addition you need to have a valid US Cellular phone number listed in your MDE profile. You might get a SMS Txt with your room number & you might find your room number listed in your MDE account before, during or after your arrival at the CSR.

Even with all these steps, you might still have to go to the Front desk if you don't get a SMS Txt some time on your arrival day, you get tired of waiting or if you need to pickup MBs for example.

Dave

Yep, tried it all. We will just head to the lobby. I bet it’s beautiful!

I did it and it just states standard room. Oh well. I don’t mind heading to the lobby, just thought it would be nice to get to the parks a little quicker.

I agree - it must be a glitch. Did you try today?

Yep, tried it all. We will just head to the lobby. I bet it’s beautiful!
You will not receive room number information until check in day.

I was expecting a text in March, didn't realize it went to MDE. We got a "noise" on my phone, assumed it was a text and nothing! We were actually in the parking lot of the resort when it came, basically right before check-in time. We went inside thinking we needed to check at the desk, and the cast member showed us where it was in MDE. Duh!

I think it depends on when you go, if you get the info early in the day. I suspect it's all random!

We'll do it again in February, hoping it works lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter