• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online at 7 am eastern (Oct. 3) first day for FP, Slinky Dog not available

I think 7DMT and Frozen had similiar availability issues when they were the new “must do” rides.

Heck, I remember the phone lines crashing when reservations for Be Our Guest first opened - online booking wasn't an option, at that point. I was on the phone, first thing in the morning and just kept getting a busy signal. Eventually, after a few hours, I got through only to find that ALL Bog ressies were gone for the length of our stay. However, the very nice castmember pointed out that the mad scramble to get Bog ressies had led to a mass dumping of other hard-to-get dining reservations. So we ended up eating at Cinderella's castle instead! princess:

If it were a new phenomenon then that argument could be made however it is not. The latest and greatest rides have had the same issue going back to before good neighbour hotels had 60 day booking.

Yep, definitely not a new phenomenon.

The only FP I could find for SDD for my recent trip was on my 7th day. I had the same experience with FOP last fall too and I think my March trip the first available FOP FP was at day 5. People with shorter resort reservations may not get the FP experience they want. This would be a good reason not to do split stays!

If you see an evening SDD, grab it (even if it conflicts with dining!), and then immediately begin trying to modify the time. Refresh the page by alternately clicking "morning" and "afternoon" to see different times come up. There's a lot of activity in the morning, so it's easier to modify an existing FP than find the perfect one right away.
I don't need SDD, just FOP, but that's what I plan on doing for FOP. Thanks!

I don't need SDD, just FOP, but that's what I plan on doing for FOP. Thanks!

You shouldn't have too much trouble, then!

I found it much easier getting the times I wanted for FOP, than SDD. I think it's starting to settle down a little.

We couldn’t get a FP last month either so we did standby. I had downloaded the Play app on my phone and we spent the entire hour in line playing the game and having fun. We didn’t even care that it took so long. Just make sure you have a portable charger

I’ll be looking to get SDD for 60+3. Unfortunately it’s a shorter trip (5 nights) and I planned AK as the last park day with hopes of getting FOP in 60+4. Fingers crossed!

My 60 day mark was today and AK is our last day of the trip and I was surprised at how many FOP fp there were! Tons in the afternoon! I thought for sure they'd be all gone. I got every FP we wanted except Slinky Dog. So now I stalk :)

I too had my FP window open this morning for my party of 4. I was unable to get SDD 60+4 on my HS day. However I was able to luck out at get a FOP 60+2.

Going to keep checking to see if SDD pops up if not we will just standby.

Good luck!

My 60 day mark was today and AK is our last day of the trip and I was surprised at how many FOP fp there were! Tons in the afternoon! I thought for sure they'd be all gone. I got every FP we wanted except Slinky Dog. So now I stalk :)
How many days into your trip was AK?

My FP day was Sunday and I was online at 6 am Central. No SDD to be had but got FOP for our HS day no problem. Checked again Sunday afternoon and was surprised to find SDD for 4:00 pm. Time not ideal but I grabbed it and will keep checking.

The only FP I could find for SDD for my recent trip was on my 7th day. I had the same experience with FOP last fall too and I think my March trip the first available FOP FP was at day 5. People with shorter resort reservations may not get the FP experience they want. This would be a good reason not to do split stays!
Split stays at Disney Resorts don’t affect getting FP’s.

With all the MDE screw ups I was unable to get one as well. My plan is do rope drop one day at HS and hope we get lucky.

What has the DHS opening procedure been for DHS and Toy Story Land? For a 9:00 official opening are they letting people down to TSL and on to any of the rides before 9:00 like they always used to do with TSMM and have been doing for Flight of Passage?

I have a short trip (3 days) coming in early December and don't expect to get FPs for Slinky Dog but would like to try it at opening.

We had the same issue @ our 60 day mark. We literally only had 1 day we could ride it and I stalked the FPs like a mad woman! The day we were @ HWS (Monday, September 24th), we got in line toward the end of the evening (8 p.m. park closing time... got in line around 7:30). Posted wait time was 65 minutes and we literally waited only 20 in stand by! It probably helped that it poured down rain about an hour before that, so it cleared out the parks a bit, but don't let the stand by line time discourage you. We could have gotten in line again right after but decided it was time to call it a day. :) Good luck!

What has the DHS opening procedure been for DHS and Toy Story Land? For a 9:00 official opening are they letting people down to TSL and on to any of the rides before 9:00 like they always used to do with TSMM and have been doing for Flight of Passage?

I have a short trip (3 days) coming in early December and don't expect to get FPs for Slinky Dog but would like to try it at opening.
EMM is going on at the beginning of December so it's guaranteed you won't get in until at least 8:45 on those mornings because the event runs from 7:30 to 8:45.

EMM is going on at the beginning of December so it's guaranteed you won't get in until at least 8:45 on those mornings because the event runs from 7:30 to 8:45.

EMM is only on Monday and Wednesday and we will be there on Tuesday.

No MDE issues this morning. FP was easy to book. I got everything I wanted, now I just need to play with some times to see if I can make them slightly better.

ETA - granted, nothing shows up in the app, but it's all on the website lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter