Online ADR issues - An unexpected error occurred. Please try again??

Playgrnd

Mouseketeer
Anyone else getting this error. "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again" It started last night and since then I can't seem to book any ADR's online. I've also tried different browsers and 2 other computers. They all have the same issue.

Anyone else getting this error. "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again" It started last night and since then I can't seem to book any ADR's online. I've also tried different browsers and 2 other computers. They all have the same issue.
My guess is that it's the website then. Typically if issues persist between different computers, most of the time that rules out a system specific issue. I'd try again until you can get through on the phone (if you're 180days or less). If you're trying to book using the 190days glitch, then just keep trying.

It seems to be working now.

Unfortunately it's still not working. I'm trying to book the Garden Grill for Nov 12 and I can clearly see 6:15 pm is available. As soon as I click on "Make Reservation" it had the flash animation that it's thinking then the same error. I'm going to try another restaurant and see if it's only related to this specific booking.

Unfortunately it's still not working. I'm trying to book the Garden Grill for Nov 12 and I can clearly see 6:15 pm is available. As soon as I click on "Make Reservation" it had the flash animation that it's thinking then the same error. I'm going to try another restaurant and see if it's only related to this specific booking.
Strange, I no longer see the 6:15, but a 4:45 and a 6:05 and they both work to that point for me. (I was shocked at first when it said no availability, then I realized I was searching for 6:30am... doh :p)

Hopefully you can pick a different booking to see if that works for you.

If it has the same error on other locations, then it's likely something up with either your network or something similar, try on a different network if available (friend's house, work, etc). Alternatively, you may have to call for this one.

(Nerdy rambling below)

I could see some network or ISP issue blocking (or breaking) the resultant page. The internet is finicky like that at times and "Unexpected Error" means the application is throwing some sort of error that Disney doesn't want you to see. (See my ADR tutorial thread about a user who was actually seeing the full error text for an error she was getting). Typically development will catch these types of errors and report a generic message to the user (what you are seeing) and in the meantime, log the specifics about the error (what procedure/function/code it was calling, why it didn't return the data as it should, what the input values for the proc/function was, browser and OS version of the user, etc).

Speaking of all that, I better think about adding that stuff to the website I created for work :P. One of those, "I don't do it like this, but it SHOULD be done like this!" moments heh. Also, while I may be decent at working with (and even creating some) software. I'm absolutely horrible at networking. For some reason, I just can't seem to grasp it :(.

Strange, I no longer see the 6:15, but a 4:45 and a 6:05 and they both work to that point for me. (I was shocked at first when it said no availability, then I realized I was searching for 6:30am... doh :p)

Hopefully you can pick a different booking to see if that works for you.

If it has the same error on other locations, then it's likely something up with either your network or something similar, try on a different network if available (friend's house, work, etc). Alternatively, you may have to call for this one.

(Nerdy rambling below)

I could see some network or ISP issue blocking (or breaking) the resultant page. The internet is finicky like that at times and "Unexpected Error" means the application is throwing some sort of error that Disney doesn't want you to see. (See my ADR tutorial thread about a user who was actually seeing the full error text for an error she was getting). Typically development will catch these types of errors and report a generic message to the user (what you are seeing) and in the meantime, log the specifics about the error (what procedure/function/code it was calling, why it didn't return the data as it should, what the input values for the proc/function was, browser and OS version of the user, etc).

Speaking of all that, I better think about adding that stuff to the website I created for work :P. One of those, "I don't do it like this, but it SHOULD be done like this!" moments heh. Also, while I may be decent at working with (and even creating some) software. I'm absolutely horrible at networking. For some reason, I just can't seem to grasp it :(.

Very Strange! I've tried 3 different networks and 5 different computers now with all the same results. I don't even get the same view as Allan. I only get 5:55 PM and 6:15 PM. I'm calling now.. :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! This is my last ADR needed ...

Very Strange! I've tried 3 different networks and 5 different computers now with all the same results. I don't even get the same view as Allan. I only get 5:55 PM and 6:15 PM. I'm calling now.. :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! This is my last ADR needed ...
One mystery solved. I was searching for a party of 2 (the default). I plopped in 4 and got the same listing that you did :).

And, part 2 of the mystery. While I didn't receive an error, clicking on the "Reserve" button just looped me right back to the search results for either time available.

So yup, they broke something right there. Not sure exactly what, but it's most likely tied to that specific date or day as trying for 11/13 worked fine.

Tested 11/11 as well and that worked. As did the next Friday (11/19). Just one of those weird things I suppose. Just tested the same day/time with a party of 3, and got the same looping thing. (Party of 5 and Party of 2 both worked). So, it's something up with 4 tops on 11/12 at the Garden Grill only :p. Go figure, right?

One mystery solved. I was searching for a party of 2 (the default). I plopped in 4 and got the same listing that you did :).

And, part 2 of the mystery. While I didn't receive an error, clicking on the "Reserve" button just looped me right back to the search results for either time available.

So yup, they broke something right there. Not sure exactly what, but it's most likely tied to that specific date or day as trying for 11/13 worked fine.

Tested 11/11 as well and that worked. As did the next Friday (11/19). Just one of those weird things I suppose. Just tested the same day/time with a party of 3, and got the same looping thing. (Party of 5 and Party of 2 both worked). So, it's something up with 4 tops on 11/12 at the Garden Grill only :p. Go figure, right?

I called and the disney representative also could not get it to work. I have now tried swapping ADR's and attempted to book party of 4 for the 13th @ 6:05 PM and same issue!

I called and the disney representative also could not get it to work. I have now tried swapping ADR's and attempted to book party of 4 for the 13th @ 6:05 PM and same issue!

If anyone is paying attention here is a great tip that could be used to help out several online ADR users. I'm the one who created this thread and decided to try my luck a second time by calling another representative on the phone. I explain my issue for both dates: Nov 12 and Nov 13 for a party of 4 between 6PM to 7 PM.

The representative (different person from this morning) was also having issues with the restaurant for those time slots. He went to talk to his manager and they both agreed the online ADR system must be having an issue for 4 guest on those dates for that time slot. He was about to hang up when I told him to wait one more minute as I wanted to try something.

If I remember properly it was Allan this morning who pointed out that 2 guest vs 4 guest was working. So I had an idea... I proceeded and attempted to book 5 guest instead of 4 and it worked!! The person on the phone was all confused and told me to complete the reservation and he would change the party size once done. Once I received the confirmation number he then modified my ADR and changed the party from 5 back to 4. :)

When I pull up my reservations online it's indeed correct and it has party of 4 for 6:30 pm on Nov 12! There is always a way!

Hopefully this helps others!!

Enjoy,

Lance.

Woohoo! Glad to hear it's all figured out (for you at least).

I'll look into this tonight if I get the chance and see if I can find a pattern to it. (And then report it over to tech services of course). Hopefully we can help get this fixed for others.

It's good to know that the phone CMs were having the issue as well, as that brings the focus off of the front end UI and on to the database side (or something in between).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter