One Year to Save!!

I still have luck at Target where you can combine Target coupons with a manufacturer coupon. I do this and keep my eyes open for the special gift card with purchase offers. I also use my red card for an additional 5% off and just pay it off before I leave the store. I find the best savings on toiletries. I also love the clearance at Target. You can get some really great deals if you look! And don't forget you can buy your Disney gift cards at Target and use the 5% red card discount too. I don't fill prescriptions enough to get the pharmacy discount but you can use that 5% coupon in combination with everything I've already mentioned.

Not sure if you have it or not, but I also save using the Target cartwheel that can be combined with man coupons, target coupons and target red card discount also. Download on your phone apps.

I sat down and wrote out all the programs I do, apps, and savings (including a gift card for gas I never spent!). DH said that whatever I can "find" this year, he will match for vacation next year!

So far I have $259.61!!! And I still need to count my change jar!

In the last 24 hours, I have...

earned $0.05 from isay

earned $1.17 from quickrewards... :woohoo::woohoo:

earned $1.10 in credit card rewards :lmao:

earned $3.04 on my other credit card rewards card

and added $5 to the account

So the new totals now are:

$41.70 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$44.84 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$37.82 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$3.04 in cc rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$18.95 in the change jar
$55.00 in the account
$0.80 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $202.15!!!

I was hoping to surpass $200 today and I did it!! :woohoo::yay::cool1::cheer2:

In the last 24 hours, I have...

What do you do to earn so much on QR? I started doing mine again and have just been doing the daily clicks. Wondering if there is something else I should be doing.

Decided to add up rewards...

Things that I may/may not earn small gift cards from
Huggies Enjoy the Ride
Pampers Gifts to Grow
Kelloggs Family Rewards
My Coke Rewards
Disney Movie Rewards

What do you do to earn so much on QR? I started doing mine again and have just been doing the daily clicks. Wondering if there is something else I should be doing.

I listen to the radio A LOT of the day and I usually get at least $0.60 a day for surveys. It adds up!

Alright! I have my Christmas trip all planned out. Should it work out, I would need approx. $5000 Canadian. So if I can save a ton between now and the summer, I can try to convince DH that we should spend Christmas in Disney! Whoot!

I tweaked the plan in several places and managed to get the cost down to $4500 Canadian, without sacrificing anything important. So, we're off to a good start!! Crossing my fingers I can get to $250 by the end of the month!

Update! I increased my savings by $6.17 because I...

and added $5 to the account

$41.70 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$46.00 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$37.82 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$18.95 in the change jar
$60.00 in the account
$0.80 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $208.32!!!

I was so happy with myself. In the past 3 weeks I've managed to save $200. And earn $20 in survey rewards, and $50 in free groceries. Then I woke up this morning, on the coldest day ever, and my van won't start. Savings is now probably going to have to go towards a new battery. This proud momma is now a little depressed.

I was so happy with myself. In the past 3 weeks I've managed to save $200. And earn $20 in survey rewards, and $50 in free groceries. Then I woke up this morning, on the coldest day ever, and my van won't start. Savings is now probably going to have to go towards a new battery. This proud momma is now a little depressed.
Look at the bright side. If you hadn't been saving so well over the past few weeks, you wouldn't have had that cushion to fall back on for this unexpected expense!

I was cleaning off our table two days ago throwing junk msil away when i came across a white envelope. Felt a bit funny so i opened it anx wa laa it had my 200 bucks from my disney visa.

I'm going to follow along. I'm desperately hoping to feed my Disney addiction later this year. November is my favorite time to go.

After taking a huge pay cut this school year, it seems finances at the school are better than expected, so I may be getting a lump sum check giving back 7 of the 20% I lost. That would be added to my starter vacation amount of $500, giving me close to $3000. That would just about cover our resort, park tickets, and the quick service dining plan for a 4 night/5 day trip. I still need to cover flights for 5 people and boarding fees for my furry family members.

I'm also working on some rewards things to earn spending money. Right now I do MyPoints and QuickRewards. I have a Disney Visa with about $80 rewards earned, plus my parents just used one of my referral cards to get a Disney Visa. They will get a $200 gift card and I'll get $50 rewards dollars. A win-win. I have a leftover $25 Disney Gift card from our last trip, too.

I'm going to use this thread as inspiration to keep doing the clicks and surveys!

Update! I increased my savings by $7.79 because I...

earned $0.05 from isay...

earned $0.28 from quickrewards...

earned $1.11 in credit card rewards...

and added $6.35 to the change jar!

$41.75 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$46.28 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$38.93 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$25.30 in the change jar
$60.00 in the account
$0.80 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $216.10!!!

I'm joining in. I am signed up to run the Disney half marathon in Jan 2015. I was signed up for 2014 but got sick and missed too much training to be able to finish the way I wanted. I was able to defer to 2015 so the race fee is already paid.

We are on a three year low spend budget starting this year. We are looking to pay off my car and move to a bigger house within 3 years so there will be no real expensive vacations while we save for our down payment.We decided we were comfortable saving the 1400 or so from the challenge for Marathon weekend since DH has a gym membership and martial arts classes while DD has music lessons and expensive summer camp. Marathon weekend is sort of my gym membership fee I guess since it motivates me to run.

I am doing the challenge a bit different though since I make different amounts each paycheck.
I work three days a week but often pick up extra shifts.
On weeks I work 5 days I will contribute 40-52, 4 days 20-49 and 3 days 1-19. The first three weeks I had good paychecks so I have crossed of 52,51 and 50. Next week will have to be smaller but it feels good to have the largest amounts done.

I also do swag bucks and sunshine rewards so any survey money or "found" money goes in the Rundisney account.

So far I have
Isay survery-8.55
Sunshine-7.88
Swagbucks 25
Rundisney acct (separate ING)- 153
Disney rewards 9.12
Disney gift cards I never used last trip- 73.02

total- 276.57:cool1:

My goal is to have enough to do a resort only trip for three nights at the Grand Floridian, no parks. Just relaxing, running and eating. If for some reason I all short of my goal I might have to pick another resort but the Grand is calling my name:)

I also do e-rewards and e-miles plus use my SW visa card to earn Rapid Rewards so hopefully we can have free flights. I have enough for about 3 one way tickets but I need 6. (or 4 if I can convince DD that DH and I should have an adults only weekend)

Rapid Reward Points- 23,500/45,000

I had company for the weekend so this is my first post since Friday morning. I managed to add $33.79 to my fund because I...

earned $1.00 from isay...

earned $2.35 from quickrewards...

earned $0.44 in credit card rewards...

and added $30 to savings account!

$42.75 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$48.63 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$39.57 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$25.30 in the change jar
$90.00 in the account
$0.80 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $249.89!!!

This means I will DEFINITELY meet my goal of $250 for the month!! :cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

Only $1.27 to add to my fund because I...

earned $0.97 from quickrewards...

earned $0.05 in credit card rewards...

and added a quarter to the US change purse.

$42.75 in rewards dollars for a survey site (which I will cashout to paypal)
$49.60 in quickrewards (which I will use to buy Disney gift cards)
$39.62 in credit card rewards (which I will use for groceries, freeing up the cash)
$25.30 in the change jar
$90.00 in the account
$1.05 american cash

...for a GRAND TOTAL of $252.36!!!

Think I can make it to $260?? :cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

I don't have a year but this is awesome! I love seeing your progress so much that I'm going to start tracking my own. We have half of our vacation covered and now I have to earn/save for the other half.

I love seeing where everyone is at with their savings. I am not keeping track of my earnings like you all are... but I am cashing out in Paypal about 40 a week from just quickrewards and opinion outpost. It is becoming addicting seeing my savings build up. :goodvibes

Since we are expecting, our next trip won't be for at least 2 years so I have a lot of time to get a good balance going. It is going to be fun to start planning.

Anyways, I hope everyone keeps sharing how awesome they are doing! Maybe eventually I will be more organized and can start sharing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter