One day in Los Angeles

Doc Holiday

Earning My Ears
Our base of operations for this vacation has been San Diego.

We visited Disneyland and California Adventure on Wednesday and L.A. proper yesterday.

We had a huge breakfast at the Denny's across from the Disneyland resort entrance. If you go there, ask for Alex the waiter - he's awesome. We then headed up the 5 into L.A.

We started at Echo Park - got some interesting pictures of the skyline (it was very, very hazy) and then headed over to Dodger Stadium. The stadium is very cool and I'll be hanging a pair of Dodgers' fuzzy dice on my rear view mirror when I get home!

We drove through Chinatown (not much to see) and headed to Hollywood next. We walked along the walk of fame and went to the Chinese Theater. The place was mobbed, but it was a lot of fun. There are some really interesting characters there! We also managed photo ops at Hollywood and Vine, the Hollywood sign and at El Capitan.

We drove through West Hollywood and Beverly Hills and took plenty of photos there as well as drive-bys of the Whiskey and Viper, The Troubador and the Roxy.

We got on the Santa Monica Freeway, headed to that beach. Some photos and then off to Venice Beach. I'm not sure what I was expecting at Venice Beach, but it was different than what I expected. Still, pretty neat place.

We then headed down to Manhattan Beach to catch the sunset. It was spectacular. Just a few clouds to enhance to colors and there was a huge tanker sitting on the horizon as well. We stopped in to the Shellback Tavern for some munchies and the others in my party split a pitcher. I refrained, knowing that I had to drive back to San Diego and I'm glad I did.

We headed east, found the 405 and headed south. The 405 is a trip! Packed with traffic - all of it either going 80 or stopped. People changing 3 lanes at a time to get around slower drivers. Man - crazy drive.

The 405 took us to the 5 and back to San Diego.

A whirlwind tour of L.A.

I know we didn't see much and what we did see, we rushed by, but this visit to L.A. really deepened my love for San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter