Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it is time to start screening. Boo Disney/ABC way to alienate an audience. Not sure what possible help Ema taking her shirt off and stanging around in her bra possibly has on this show. Yes, I know there are a bunch of 65 year old single disney fans sitting around in their beer stained wife beaters absolutly loving that that scene was included. But it does nothing for me but make me not want to watch it, or let my kids. Love the show, but there are so many good shows that networks ruin by throwing in this crap.

OH thank God that is not true!!!!!! Kate was the worst part of lost by far.

Pregnancy alienated you from this show? What scene are you even talking about?

Looks like it is time to start screening. Boo Disney/ABC way to alienate an audience. Not sure what possible help Ema taking her shirt off and stanging around in her bra possibly has on this show. Yes, I know there are a bunch of 65 year old single disney fans sitting around in their beer stained wife beaters absolutly loving that that scene was included. But it does nothing for me but make me not want to watch it, or let my kids. Love the show, but there are so many good shows that networks ruin by throwing in this crap.

HUH:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 There was nothing graphic about Cindrella/Ashley being pregnant

yeah, ok:sad2:

I associated "Swan" with Mother Goose.

Also, it was the scene with the mayor in the bedroom after the sheriff left and his socks were under the bed that bothered me the most during a family hour show.

HUH:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 There was nothing graphic about Cindrella/Ashley being pregnant

It has nothing to do with Cinderella being pregnant. I could care less what is implied. I am talking about when Ema walks in the back and removes her shirt.

It is just erotisim thrown in just for the sake of it, does nothing for the story line at all, but makes it less appropriate for me.

It has nothing to do with Cinderella being pregnant. I could care less what is implied. I am talking about when Ema walks in the back and removes her shirt.

It is just erotisim thrown in just for the sake of it, does nothing for the story line at all, but makes it less appropriate for me.

Sorry, I don't remember that.

I do. I had my 13 and 9 year old sons watching with me. They certainly do not forget that part either! :lmao:

This show is really, really good. That kind of thing is completely unnecessary. Keep it family friendly, ABC. Please!

I do. I had my 13 and 9 year old sons watching with me. They certainly do not forget that part either! :lmao:

This show is really, really good. That kind of thing is completely unnecessary. Keep it family friendly, ABC. Please!

I do believe it was there I just don't remember it lol

Also, it was the scene with the mayor in the bedroom after the sheriff left and his socks were under the bed that bothered me the most during a family hour show.

This sort of rubbed me the wrong way too since I was watching it with my young daughters (8, 10 and 12). Thankfully they didn't "understand" why the sheriff's socks were under the bed. But it irked me since I thought hey, what a cool new show to watch with my kids. Now, not so much if this is the kind of innuendos I can expect.

And I agree, Emma didn't need to strip her shirt off on camera in order to have her heart to heart chat with Ashley (Cinderella). Sigh.

It was fast, but that you don't remember it, proves my point, it didn't HAVE to be there. I noticed because I had kids around. Who are huge disney fanatics and my 7 to 16 years olds all enjoy the show.

Just seems like it could have a larger audience if they didn't try to slip that stuff in.

It was a couple of second shot of her in a bra due to getting her drink on her shirt.

You can see more than that in a victoria secret commerical....it's not even like it was part of a sex scene.

There has been an occasional word dropped here or there that isn't family friendly either. While it's nice that this is a show that families can watch, the show isn't done for the viewing pleasures of 8-10 year olds.

It was a couple of second shot of her in a bra due to getting her drink on her shirt.

You can see more than that in a victoria secret commerical....it's not even like it was part of a sex scene.

There has been an occasional word dropped here or there that isn't family friendly either. While it's nice that this is a show that families can watch, the show isn't done for the viewing pleasures of 8-10 year olds.

I don't mind my kids watching this show. Its kind of hard not to watch TV without someone appearing in her bra at some point. I'm still trying to figure out the commercial with the girl in the tent in her underwear dancing to the music. I guess she's just really happy to be camping :confused3

I wouldn't call ashley a teenager either really. She's 18. I was married by that age. Not exactly a child anymore. I don't think this show is specifically target to kids. It's alot better than much of the other stuff that's on.

I don't like those commercials popping into my living room un-invited either

Isn't the goal of the show, to have a large audience, why gear it for 20-30, when it will work from 7-70.

Just my opinion anyway, I don't like it. If it had anything to do with the show at all, like she took off her shirt and she was scared or something, that is one thing, but just didn't need to be there. So they eliminated some audience for no reason at all, for a scene that almost no one noticed, even those picking apart every detail on this board.

And when was the last time you spilt on yourself in a restaurant and went to the back, removed your shirt and stole one off a hanger?

I don't like those commercials popping into my living room un-invited either

Isn't the goal of the show, to have a large audience, why gear it for 20-30, when it will work from 7-70.

Just my opinion anyway, I don't like it. If it had anything to do with the show at all, like she took off her shirt and she was scared or something, that is one thing, but just didn't need to be there. So they eliminated some audience for no reason at all, for a scene that almost no one noticed, even those picking apart every detail on this board.

And when was the last time you spilt on yourself in a restaurant and went to the back, removed your shirt and stole one off a hanger?

Do your kids go swimming the see people in swimming suits, not much of a difference

I didn't remember it either... now that it's been mentioned I do. Didn't bother me a bit.

Somebody is always going to be offended by something. You can't win everyone over.

Do your kids go swimming the see people in swimming suits, not much of a difference

yes they do. but if they went to a mall or a restaurant and some girl was taking off her shirt there, I think there is a difference. I don't much care for what some people choose to where there but I expect it. What is appropriate in one place is not in another. A 65 year old fat german in a speedo is something you never recover from. :cool1:

If I were at disney world. I know that The Little Mermaid wears not much more than that, but if I go see snow white I expect that she will keep her shirt on, and if she took it off, I think more than just me would complain.

Setting makes a big difference. So I respect modesty, sue me.

If it helps I could give a crap about violence and if they want to cut off the witches head in the end I am perfectly ok with that, as long is it is relevant to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter