• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon A Time in WDW

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
I'm a huge Once Upon A Time fan, and was wondering if there's anything in the parks I should look out for? (merchandise, wardrobe, set replicas, etc) I thought I saw a replica of Mr. Gold's pawn shop somewhere, but I don't remember if that was in WDW or DL. On our last trip to DL I was able to see some of the costumes used on the show, that was really neat! I would love to be able too find some merchandise, like maybe some jewelry or a shirt. TIA!

Gold's shop was presented on Streets of America at the Studios. But that's gone under the wrecking ball. Don't know of anything else other than perhaps a poster for the show along Commissary Lane.
(I'm not a merchandise guy, so that's one where I can't really help.)

Gold's shop was presented on Streets of America at the Studios. But that's gone under the wrecking ball. Don't know of anything else other than perhaps a poster for the show along Commissary Lane.
Bummer! Thank you for the info!

I'm an obsessed OUAT fan as well, and I'd love to know if I'm just missing it, but I've never seen much of anything at WDW. You used to be able to stand in front of Mr. Gold's shop at DHS but I don't know if it's still there/accessible since the latest renovations:
ouat.jpg

We are OUAT fans as well and made sure to get our shots in at Mr. Golds last summer before they destroyed Streets of America. It was the only thing in the parks at the time that was OUAT. We will be down in 7 days and if I see anything new I will report back.

At the risk of going off topic (and please shoot me down rather than killing the whole thread if it is), anyone else feel like the show began going downhill this past season? I thought seasons 3 and 4, with their two focused story arcs per season, worked well, but season 5 felt to me like they were trying too hard to do something else.

Mr Gold's was awesome. I quit the show a while back but standing in front of that shop made me realize how intensely I miss the show (as it was the first few seasons)... I loved it dearly!! I happened to be there with a few other former viewers and it was funny to watch us all geek out. I hope they bring it back somewhere!!

There's usually a big poster on the back side of the Frozen theatre, a banner near ABC commissary and sometimes a poster on those multi-sided pole things at the TTC/in front of MK, but as far as i know that's it at the moment.

Do they still have the costumes inside the ABC Commissary? I know they were there a year or so ago, but We didn't check on our last trip. There were a few -- maybe three -- inside a large glass display case in the restaurant.

We are OUAT fans as well and made sure to get our shots in at Mr. Golds last summer before they destroyed Streets of America. It was the only thing in the parks at the time that was OUAT. We will be down in 7 days and if I see anything new I will report back.
Great, thank you! I look forward to hearing back!

At the risk of going off topic (and please shoot me down rather than killing the whole thread if it is), anyone else feel like the show began going downhill this past season? I thought seasons 3 and 4, with their two focused story arcs per season, worked well, but season 5 felt to me like they were trying too hard to do something else.
I'm actually still on season 3, getting caught up. I watched season 1 and fell in love, then midway through season 2 I started losing interest. I saw it trending on FB b/c of Aladdin, Jasmine and Jafar being cast, and realized how much I missed the show, so now I'm catching back up! Without seeing season 5 yet though, I will say IMO the show does ebb and flow. Sometimes I'm enthralled, and sometimes I lose interest.

Mr Gold's was awesome. I quit the show a while back but standing in front of that shop made me realize how intensely I miss the show (as it was the first few seasons)... I loved it dearly!! I happened to be there with a few other former viewers and it was funny to watch us all geek out. I hope they bring it back somewhere!!

There's usually a big poster on the back side of the Frozen theatre, a banner near ABC commissary and sometimes a poster on those multi-sided pole things at the TTC/in front of MK, but as far as i know that's it at the moment.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for the posters. I would've definitely been geeking out as well!

Do they still have the costumes inside the ABC Commissary? I know they were there a year or so ago, but We didn't check on our last trip. There were a few -- maybe three -- inside a large glass display case in the restaurant.
I would love to see costumes from the show! I hope they're still there!

I don't watch the show, but friends of ours came back with a OUAT photo with their faces super imposed onto different characters. It was really cute! I believe they got it done outside of Figment in Epcot.

I watch the show religiously, but kinda checked out slightly when they started forcing CaptainSwan down everyone's throats. I would love to know if they have anything to get a picture with though, so I'll be checking this thread!

They had the golds facade for about 9 months they normally have a poster with the seasons key art (evil queen Regina for season 6) they had costumes at commissary idk if they still do. If your looking for merch try places like Hot Topic, Books a Million or Barnes and Noble

I watch the show religiously, but kinda checked out slightly when they started forcing CaptainSwan down everyone's throats. I would love to know if they have anything to get a picture with though, so I'll be checking this thread!
Girl you are speaking my language ::yes::

I loved looking at all the props at Mr. Gold's shop, but sadly it's been torn down along with the streets of America. They always have a poster up outside the gates of MK, and usually somewhere in HS. Not much, sadly :/

Girl you are speaking my language ::yes::

I loved looking at all the props at Mr. Gold's shop, but sadly it's been torn down along with the streets of America. They always have a poster up outside the gates of MK, and usually somewhere in HS. Not much, sadly :/
It may have to do with the fact that I sincerely adore Michael Raymond James, but I seriously thought Bae and Emma belonged together, but even if not, Henry deserved to have his dad around and Bae deserved a happy ending, even if Gold doesn't. I'd rather see her with noone than Hook though - I mean the whole Milah thing is just wrong... anyway...

Back on topic, LOL... maybe I can find a standee somewhere, LOL

They sell bottles Once Upon a Vine wine at Disney Springs. That is about as close as I have seen.

If staying on property you can get the "Once Upon a Vine" wines at your resort too. My wife and I have all of the different bottles (procured over 3 trips) that they have had available. We are going to see if there is anything new on our Sept. 2016 trip coming up in 59 days. :) We also have a bottle of "Magic Kingdom" Champagne we got at the California Grill on veterans day in 2013.

My DW said that since we were going to have all of these bottles she need to get Mickey wine stoppers/toppers for each bottle too. Can you guess what her obsession is now? (Hint: It isn't the wine). :rolleyes1

I keep watching just to see Lana Padilla in her Evil Queen costumes. She is stunning. Such a glamorous old school classic Hollywood face. I hope she does films when the show ends.

I'm a huge Once Upon A Time fan, and was wondering if there's anything in the parks I should look out for? (merchandise, wardrobe, set replicas, etc) I thought I saw a replica of Mr. Gold's pawn shop somewhere, but I don't remember if that was in WDW or DL. On our last trip to DL I was able to see some of the costumes used on the show, that was really neat! I would love to be able too find some merchandise, like maybe some jewelry or a shirt. TIA!

The only lasting reference to the show is the billboard at DHS. There is no merchandise and Mr. Gold's Shop is gone. You can usually find merchandise at Hot Topic in your local mall.

I keep watching just to see Lana Padilla in her Evil Queen costumes. She is stunning. Such a glamorous old school classic Hollywood face. I hope she does films when the show ends.

I saw on old episode of Spin City on Laff TV not too long ago where she was on it. Took me a minute to figure out who it was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter