Onboard airline check-in

kellymonster23

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the onboard flight check-in and luggage services are still available? I know the Magical Express has changed to collecting your own luggage so wasn’t sure if they were still providing the onboard flight services. TIA!!!

Yes, flight check-in is still available through the app, website or via phone. After you provide your flight info for a flight with an airline they recognize they add that to your online check-in and ground transport sections. From there they notify you that you can check in for your flight with them the night before debarkation.

They still collect the luggage from the hall the night before and they'll put it on the bus for you unlike magical express which currently won't grab your luggage from baggage claim due to covid.

Yes, they're still available. After you provide your flight info for a flight with an airline they recognize they add that to your online check-in and ground transport sections. From there they notify you that you can check in for your flight with them the night before debarkation.
Perfect, thank you! I was hoping COVID hadn’t changed that service.

I didn't realize this was going on!!! I just got an email from DCL asking if I was participating in Onboard Airline Check-in for our cruise out of Miami next month. I knew they were doing it at Port Canaveral but thought they had stopped it in Miami. Very happy to hear this!! Funny I had transfers booked for my Miami cruise in April and was never asked if I wanted to use it or not so I thought they were not doing it in Miami.

MJ

They still collect the luggage from the hall the night before and they'll put it on the bus for you unlike magical express which currently won't grab your luggage from baggage claim due to covid.
Do you have to check your luggage yourself, or will DCL check your luggage for you?

Do you have to check your luggage yourself, or will DCL check your luggage for you?
If you qualify for Onboard Airline Check in DCL will check you in for your flight, deliver boarding passes and your airline luggage tags to your cabin and take your luggage from the hall the night before and you don't see it again until you claim it at your home airport. We will board the DCL transfer bus back to airport with just our carry ons. So you do have to figure out logistically what you will need that last night and early morning and make sure you don't pack it in checked luggage.

This was the procedure pre Covid.....I hope they still take care of your luggage.

MJ

This was the procedure pre Covid.....I hope they still take care of your luggage.
So are you saying you don't know if they still do this? I really enjoyed it pre-Covid and would like it again for my cruise in August.

Does anyone know for sure what they are doing now? Do they currently check your luggage to the airline as part of Onboard Airline Check-In? I will have checked luggage.

I am saying I Know they are doing onboard airline check-in but I don't know if they are taking luggage from the hall the night before and transporting to your home airport.

I will find out. When is your cruise. Mine is July 4.

MJ

Can concierge help me with this on the last leg of our trip?

Yes, flight check-in is still available through the app, website or via phone. After you provide your flight info for a flight with an airline they recognize they add that to your online check-in and ground transport sections. From there they notify you that you can check in for your flight with them the night before debarkation.

I am saying I Know they are doing onboard airline check-in but I don't know if they are taking luggage from the hall the night before and transporting to your home airport.

I will find out. When is your cruise. Mine is July 4.

MJ
August 1st. Thank you very much!

August 1st. Thank you very much!

OK, I am not happy. I wrote to embarkation services to ask about the Onboard Airline Check in as the app specifically asked us if we wanted to participate with a check yes or no. I was asking DCL specifically about how the luggage would be handled and if DCL would transport luggage from ship to home airport.

Well, much to my surprise this is the response I got today:

Unfortunately the Onboard Airline Check In has not resumed post Covid so you will need to collect your bag in the terminal and then check in at the airport (or thru your phone). It could resume at any time so be sure to check with Guest Services once you are onboard and see if anything has changed.

So I will guess that DCL is not checking us in for flight or anything. Just providing transfers. Why can't the DCL app and website get the info correct. Blows my mind.

MJ

Last edited:
They were not offering online airline check in as of my last cruise on the Dream May 13-16.

Yes, just found out today after contacting DCL. Yet, the app specifically asked if I wanted to participate....:rolleyes1

MJ

OK, I am not happy. I wrote to embarkation services to ask about the Onboard Airline Check in as the app specifically asked us if we wanted to participate with a check yes or no. I was asking DCL specifically about how the luggage would be handled and if DCL would transport luggage from ship to home airport.

Well, much to my surprise this is the response I got today:

Unfortunately the Onboard Airline Check In has not resumed post Covid so you will need to collect your bag in the terminal and then check in at the airport (or thru your phone). It could resume at any time so be sure to check with Guest Services once you are onboard and see if anything has changed.

So I will guess that DCL is not checking us in for flight or anything. Just providing transfers. Why can't the DCL app and website get the info correct. Blows my mind.

MJ
Well that response was probably why I also kept getting an error when doing online check in last night on a trip.

I realize this thread is 2 years old but does anyone have any recent experience with trying to do Onboard Airline Check In?
Our flights are usually too early to participate but our Oct flight home would qualify under the pre-covid rules. It was such an excellent service in the old days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter