Onboard Airline Check In

JsMom2

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know which airlines participate in the onboard check in program? I'm specifically wondering about Delta and Sun Country. TIA!

^ those look right, SW is a no :( but we did American this year and loved the onboard check in so much

Loved onboard airline check-in- so effortless. SWA doesn't participate, unfortunately, so we try to fly out via another carrier to avoid the hassle of lugging our bags around on debarkation day.

There is no Continental anymore but United is part of the Onboard Airline Check In program

MJ

Grr, already booked our Southwest out - so we have to carry our bags out and then to airline? Anyone know why southwest doesn't participate, any tips to all of this?

Grr, already booked our Southwest out - so we have to carry our bags out and then to airline? Anyone know why southwest doesn't participate, any tips to all of this?
Southwest does not participate. Also, check-in lines at SW counter are usually pretty long. Get there as quick as you can.

ETA: Sorry, I read your question wrong. I don't know why SW doesn't participate. I believe they do at WDW Resorts. The DCL onboard airline check-in is so awesome that airlines should try to get involved. It reduces their manpower needs at the counters because passengers can go straight through to security.

Last edited:
I'm from the Minneapolis area where Sun Country is a leading carrier. I don't believe they participate in the Onboard Airline Check-in program. Delta does, so we fly Delta to Orlando for our cruises.

Something else on this topic - We have TSA Precheck. When we went through the TSA Pre-Check line in Orlando with our DCL printed Boarding Passes, and Pre Check was printed on them, the TSA officer said the boarding passes rejected on the reader. We had to go to a Delta kiosk and reprint our passes. Those "passed" the TSA reader. The TSA officer said there is an issue with the DCL printed passes - guess it happens a lot. I haven't contacted DCL - yet.

You do not have to carry your bags off the ship -- you can put them out the last night and DCL will move them to the terminal.
You do have to pick up your bags in the terminal before going through Customs.
There are porters available to assist in the terminal, though Customs and out to transportation.

SWA and DCL did a trial 2 or 3 years ago. It was my understanding that SWA backed out, but I don't know the reasoning.

Enjoy your cruise!

Air Tran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, United, US Airway.

Air Tran, Continental and US Airways no longer exist. AirTran merged with Southwest, USAir with American and Continental with United.

Something else on this topic - We have TSA Precheck. When we went through the TSA Pre-Check line in Orlando with our DCL printed Boarding Passes, and Pre Check was printed on them, the TSA officer said the boarding passes rejected on the reader. We had to go to a Delta kiosk and reprint our passes. Those "passed" the TSA reader. The TSA officer said there is an issue with the DCL printed passes - guess it happens a lot. I haven't contacted DCL - yet.

It's not just with pre but with some Disney boarding passes no matter what.

You do not have to carry your bags off the ship -- you can put them out the last night and DCL will move them to the terminal.
You do have to pick up your bags in the terminal before going through Customs.
There are porters available to assist in the terminal, though Customs and out to transportation.

SWA and DCL did a trial 2 or 3 years ago. It was my understanding that SWA backed out, but I don't know the reasoning.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ayep.

I remember people talking about southwest not liking to deal with bags so long before the flight. But since they participate in RAC at wdw that doesn't really make sense.

Air Tran, Continental and US Airways no longer exist. AirTran merged with Southwest, USAir with American and Continental with United.
Sorry, I pulled from a blog because Disney doesn't list the airlines. Probably because they don't want people to get upset over changes. I'll delete the post because I can't find a date for it.

DCL's website is not the most user-friendly to find information. It's there, but you have to dig and read: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/air-ground-transportation/

*This service is available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Jet Blue Airways and United Airlines.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter