On the verge!

GoofyMitchell

Disney Fan
My wife and I are on the verge of making our first ever offer on a resale! We've been looking at DVC for as long as we've been going to Disney together (2003) but we are finally in a position where we can afford one. We are nervous and excited! Here's hoping we don't chicken out!

If you have been contemplating buying since 2003 then I think you are ready! Good luck on your resale. Please post back to let us know how it goes!

What resort did you choose and why?. My wife and I are on year 3 of thinking about it. Just curious what your thought process was.

Last edited:
Read through all the information about how DVC works. There are spreadsheets available to see if the numbers work in your favor.
We thought about it for several years before buying. Having made our first trip as owners this year, we wished we had done it sooner.
But, this doesn't hold true for everyone.

It seems to be a common theme. My wife and I thought about it in 2004 and then finally bought in 2010. A great decision and we have loved every minute of it. If you can swing the purchase, you wont regret it.

What resort did you choose and why?. My wife and I are on year 3 of thinking about it. Just curious what your thought process was.

We submitted an offer for Boardwalk! Waiting on response from the seller. We love the Boardwalk. On one trip a few years ago we took a tour of the Villas and we loved it. Epcot is also our favorite park and to be in walking distance during our stay has a very large appeal to us.

We submitted an offer for Boardwalk! Waiting on response from the seller. We love the Boardwalk. On one trip a few years ago we took a tour of the Villas and we loved it. Epcot is also our favorite park and to be in walking distance during our stay has a very large appeal to us.
With luck then we will be neighbors soon. Hope you love your BWV stays as much as we have---and we have at least 50 stays under our belts!

Hope it goes through! We just signed docs on a small BWV contract, our first as well. We bought what we could afford and will probably add on once we have a couple of trips as members under our belts. Future neighbors!

Good luck on your BWV purchase! 19 years and counting for us - the best decision we ever made for our family. Hope it's as good for y'all too.

Good luck! We just had our first trip as owners last month to BWV. Loved it! For many of the same reasons as you mentioned. Being walking distance to EPCOT and the Studios is nice. Being that close for Food and Wine Festival was great. Looking forward to many future stays.

I think you made a wise choice. I have been a guest at every resort and my heart still belongs to BWV . I only stay there now and have never been sorry I purchased back in 1999. I bought direct on my first contract but have added on several more contracts thru resale all at BWV except one. I usually take a lot of family for reunions every other year or so and everyone loves the location. The cost to buy now is pretty high but I still think its worth it. good luck passing ROFR

I think you made a wise choice. I have been a guest at every resort and my heart still belongs to BWV . I only stay there now and have never been sorry I purchased back in 1999. I bought direct on my first contract but have added on several more contracts thru resale all at BWV except one. I usually take a lot of family for reunions every other year or so and everyone loves the location. The cost to buy now is pretty high but I still think its worth it. good luck passing ROFR
I could have written this exact post!

Good luck. We love the entire Epcot resort area. We thought about it for a long time too and even rented points several times before we finally purchased at Beach Club in 2012. It was money well spent and I have no regrets. In fact, I just made an offer to add points at Animal Kingdom Villas and it went to ROFR today. So..be careful of add-on-itis. Once you start going, you never have enough points. The struggle is real!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter