On the 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute Watch!!!

Let's try to pass the time away....:goodvibes

What is everyone hoping to book for their upcoming trips? And when?

We have finally decided on August 2014 and we definitely want a MK resort. We will do our usual 10 night stay.

Our 1st choice is the Poly but not if there is a bunch of construction. If not, it will be either CR or GF.

How about all of you???

Good idea! :) April 2014 and either Boardwalk or Contemporary. I can't decide! We stayed at Yacht Club in 2011 and loved the Epcot area. But I've always wanted to stay at CR. The monorail resorts look awesome! We PCS in April so we thought this would be a great time to squeeze in a Disney trip. :cool1:

Are the Swan and Dolphin included in the room discounts? I'm assuming no since they aren't Disney resorts but thought I'd ask. We are going for the marathon weekend and were planning to stay at SoG but they are showing no availability for part of our stay. So looking at hoping to use the room discounts instead to stay at a Disney resort.

Unfortunately, they are not. But, you might want to check into their gov't employee discount....I'm not sure, but maybe they honor military and give some discount? :confused3

Good idea! :) April 2014 and either Boardwalk or Contemporary. I can't decide! We stayed at Yacht Club in 2011 and loved the Epcot area. But I've always wanted to stay at CR. The monorail resorts look awesome! We PCS in April so we thought this would be a great time to squeeze in a Disney trip. :cool1:

Yes, I'm leaning towards the Contemporary for next year!! But I agree, Epcot are resorts are so cool!

I love the theme of the Boardwalk, except for that creepy clown....:clown: :scared::crazy2::sad:

We have always stayed at the models, please tell me what you think stands out or makes yhe deluxe so great. I'm so eager to know Because I've always been so satisfied with the mods grounds, rooms and decor, thought they were so nice I can't imagine it getting nicer!! :)

We have always stayed at the models, please tell me what you think stands out or makes yhe deluxe so great. I'm so eager to know Because I've always been so satisfied with the mods grounds, rooms and decor, thought they were so nice I can't imagine it getting nicer!! :)

We have stayed at all of the values (except for AoA) and have enjoyed our stays at all of them. One year, because of free dining, we decided to upgrade to CBR. Well, we really didn't care for CBR at all...:crazy2: We were turned off of the moderates all together....

On our next trip, we decided on deluxe. It took alot of convincing but OMG, I can't say enough about the differences. I mean, we also made the mistake of booking CL, so now we are hooked on that too. Granted, our deluxe CL stays have been with the military discount, so we are paying less than rack rate on a regular room for CL, which is a great deal....but WOW, just wow. pixiedust:

I don't think you would regret trying a deluxe, but your wallet might! :rotfl2:

ZellyB said:
We are going for the marathon weekend and were planning to stay at SoG but they are showing no availability for part of our stay.

I'd call. We've stayed during marathons and have run into the same thing. We called and were able to get rooms. Worth a try

My husband and I like sit down breakfast and dinners so we usually purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. This way we have a 'date night' every night of our trip (we don't have kids yet). :lovestruc The deluxe resorts are usually walking distance to the restaurants we choose which is convenient since we do not bring a car. I'm glad to hear you like the mods. POR has always caught my eye! I'd love to try it sometime! Have you stayed there?

POR has always caught my eye! I'd love to try it sometime! Have you stayed there?

We just booked out third stay at POR for Aug 13 and its my favorite place so far.

We lucked out and our Daughter who just started the DCP in May got us an employee 50% discount for 6 nights and $10 off DDP.

We just booked out third stay at POR for Aug 13 and its my favorite place so far.

We lucked out and our Daughter who just started the DCP in May got us an employee 50% discount for 6 nights and $10 off DDP.

Oh wow! I bet she's having a blast! I did the DCP in 2003 and my sister completed the DCP last year! It was hands down one of the best experiences of my life! I was a lifeguard at TL and my sister worked at Splash Mountain.

The pictures of POR are beautiful! And I love the new rooms! Maybe we should consider it for our trip. I like that you can make a reservation for a king bed with the mods.

Cool thing too is her Discount scored us new rooms called a Royal Guest Room and we upgraded it to pool view. She's working in the MK (her favorite park) and has a daily view of the Castle in Tomorrow Land:cool1:

My husband and I like sit down breakfast and dinners so we usually purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. This way we have a 'date night' every night of our trip (we don't have kids yet). :lovestruc The deluxe resorts are usually walking distance to the restaurants we choose which is convenient since we do not bring a car. I'm glad to hear you like the mods. POR has always caught my eye! I'd love to try it sometime! Have you stayed there?

Yes! POR was amazing! So impressed inside out, royal rooms were so awesome the theme of the room just stood out from any other rooms! The grounds of POR are just beautiful too, feels so fancy :) oh and so close to MK!

Cool thing too is her Discount scored us new rooms called a Royal Guest Room and we upgraded it to pool view. She's working in the MK (her favorite park) and has a daily view of the Castle in Tomorrow Land:cool1:

Talk about a dream job!!! If I can ever convince the DH to retire and move ... I have hopes of becoming a Disney photographer. :yay:

Let's try to pass the time away....:goodvibes

What is everyone hoping to book for their upcoming trips? And when?

We have finally decided on August 2014 and we definitely want a MK resort. We will do our usual 10 night stay.

Our 1st choice is the Poly but not if there is a bunch of construction. If not, it will be either CR or GF.

How about all of you???

86 days to Disney and Shades of Green for DH and I! And then about 240 days and Shades for a girl's trip in February. Now, just how to tell DH about this second trip. :rolleyes1

That what we have for December but hoping it will be available for the 40% off BWI. Last year it wasn't for the club level :(

Good thing the year before I booked a bounce back 35% off not bad at least I got the resort & room type I wanted :)

Hope they decide something soon lol

I had booked the BWI club level for the years, 2010 and 2011 , but could not get it last year either. My husband is 100% total and permanent and my son in law is active, so have been able to treat our 3 children and their families to trips each year. I was so disappointed not to get club level so I wrote a letter to Guest Relations and got a call back. I explained how disappointed I was that the rooms were available for a public discount of 30 % but not the military discount. I also explained I was more than willing to pay for the upgrade. These vacations are important to our family since this is the one time a year my children and grandchildren can be together. It was also my 60 th birthday last year when we were going. Well, they gave me the rooms at the military discount and I also got a very nice birthday gift from management.

I could understand if the resort was sold out, but rooms were available. I am a retired cast member and could not get the cast rate either. This year we are going to the Beach Club with my cast rate, but would love to get the passes for everyone with the military discount.

Well, another week has passed with no 2014 rates or word on the military discount....but, we are getting closer to July now....it's got to happen soon!!!

I just want to have my trip booked already!!!

The word on military discount also affects my upcoming September trip as well. Currently I am only booked with AAA....the military discount is good for the 1st 2 days of my trip 9/27 & 9/28, but I would really like to know if I can get it for the whole trip and then upgrade to a mod (hopefully POFQ!!). :wizard:

Well, folks! I am sure that you have seen that the 2014 packages will be released on July 10, 2013!!!! :yay:

Hopefully that means that word on military discounts will come shortly thereafter and we can all get onto planning!!!! :dance3:

Last year, there was about a 2-3 week delay between the two announcements.

Well, folks! I am sure that you have seen that the 2014 packages will be released on July 10, 2013!!!! :yay:

Hopefully that means that word on military discounts will come shortly thereafter and we can all get onto planning!!!! :dance3:

Last year, there was about a 2-3 week delay between the two announcements.

Where did you see that?:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter