On Line Check in - Help with PIN

JAM113

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to do on line check in and it won't let me enter without everyone in our party having a PIN. We have a guest joining our family that won't have charging privileges. Is there a way to avoid putting in a PIN for one of our party that I'm missing?

I had the same issue when we went to WL in January. I couldn't find a loop hole either. I had to make pins for the 5 & 7 year olds in our group. I did so but when we got there, I changed the pin so that only the adults knew it.

Thanks everyone. We have used this PIN for years and I just hate to have it out there where someone outside the family would have access to it!

It's probably a good time to change it anyway. In this day and age, you should never keep pins and passwords for years:)

Thanks everyone. We have used this PIN for years and I just hate to have it out there where someone outside the family would have access to it!
Just make up a different PIN for that person and don't tell them what it is.

If the person has their own account then they should be able to generate their own pin, you only create a pin for the people who are listed in your account as being managed by you. I'd either a) have that person manage their own account, link them to your reservation and then they will create their own pin or b) use your pin and not tell them what the pin is. And yes, you should change pins on a regular basis and really at some point you should have your children as they get older generate their own account and then link the reservations to their account; there is better security when you set up your account this way (i.e. if they are old enough that they have a phone and have downloaded the Disney app they need to have their own MDE account).

Well, it's not really out there anywhere. :) Someone would not only have to figure out how to get into YOUR MDE account, but also have YOUR magicband, AND do it while you're at the resort and have the ability to charge to your room account.

That's bizarre, we've never had the same pin number. We each have a different one.

That was my experience as well, you can make them the same but also set a different passcode for each person. Also you could set a generic passcode (don't make it as simple as 1111 or 1234) but then have them change it to a passcode only they know while at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter