?? on discounts on 1BR at BLT

2xcited2slp

<font color=deeppink>One day~~the slipper will fit
Does anyone know if Disney offers any discounts (on current "special offers" or AP discounts) on 1BR suites/villlas---specifically BLT?? I am seeing discounts offered on the deluxe studio but not on the 1BR. Just trying to figure out if we should downgrade to the studio or hold out for a possible discount for a 1BR. Thanks for any advice.

**forgot to add that we are looking for Feb. 2011 during current discounted window

I have booked a 1BR at BLT on a discount before, so they do exist. They may just be booked for your dates. Just for fun, try playing with your dates online and see if one comes up for other dates.

Your best bet if you want to hold out for a discount is to check back at the 45 day cancellation point for packages and the 6 day cancellation point for room only. Of course, people can cancel any time, so it's always worth checking.

We stayed at BLT in a 1Br this past May (and LOVED it might I add)!! We got a 45% room only code:cool1:
I know they also offered this with the gift card because friends of ours at church went the very next week and stayed at BLT in a 1Br too and got the gift card. They do offer discounts...

Yep, we currently have the room only discount booked for the 1 BR BLT LV in February!! I could never justify that without the discount!! Snatched it up as soon as we saw it!!

I think it depends when you are going. It's all about supply and demand and the BLT is red hot right now. We are going Thanksgiving week and have a 1BR-no discounts available for us, no free dining-NADA! Ugh! I hate paying rack rate. If we were going another time though, we'd likely be able to.

When I was originally shopping a few weeks ago, there were studios, 1BR and 2BR available, and all views for many of those room types. Now there is almost nothing left for the 40% code when we are traveling in January. There are still plenty of rooms left at full rack rate, but almost nothing with the discount. :confused3

I opted to book what I could and hoped to change over to what I wanted later - at least I was able to get my airfare purchased knowing I had someplace to stay. As it turned out, I was able to swap out my 2BR standard view for a 2BR MK view within a couple days of making the original ressie (I booked the MK view THEN cancelled the other, FWIW! Talk about stalking the web site! :rotfl:). When I went back to check availability right after the switch, the only thing available for my party size went from the 2BR MK view I had just booked to the 2BR standard view I had just cancelled, so it might have been the only room of that type left that was available with the 40% off code! :scared1:

So if it were me and if I really wanted to go, I'd book whatever I could get and hope something better opens up. If you won't go unless you can get the exact room you want, roll the dice and see what happens! :thumbsup2 But know that there were many rooms of all types originally available - if just seems like they went really, really quick (and FWIW, I have yet to see another 2BR open up for our dates...I'm trying to add one more night at the beginning and can't do it - there is nothing for any of our dates now!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter