On Board Booking Window Now 24 Months....

I had an OBB and when I moved it past 18 months (was boarding but not disembarking within window) I lost my benefits. Now I would have had them. Kind of annoyed. Do you think I would have luck calling. They can follow my bookings and cancellations, right?

We're going to ask about exactly that, when we call tomorrow. We'll be back within 24 months since our original booking, so I don't see why we shouldn't be entitled for those benefits again.

"The offer is limited to two staterooms on a on one future cruise date."

Does this mean we cannot book 1 room for 2 different cruises? I.e. we can't book 2 different cruises?

"The offer is limited to two staterooms on a on one future cruise date." Does this mean we cannot book 1 room for 2 different cruises? I.e. we can't book 2 different cruises?

You could never do that and have the benefits for both. It has always had to be for the same cruise. And if one was moved the benefits for that one were lost.

Probably would have taken advantage of this in Sept when we were on the Fantasy...but, they didn't have itineraries that were available for 24 months out..or else I would have booked Summer 2016 ALASKA!!!!!!
grr...

We're going to ask about exactly that, when we call tomorrow. We'll be back within 24 months since our original booking, so I don't see why we shouldn't be entitled for those benefits again.

I will be waiting to hear what you find out. We lost our OBC because we booked for 18 months and 2 weeks. We should be entitled to the same that everyone else is getting..

Figures... we didn't book a couple weeks ago because we would have been outside the 18 month window (but within 24. Ugh.)

i was fortunate - in that last month we decided to book a dummy cruise and just keep track of the PIF date, and cancel if we decided that we could not make the 18 month timeframe.

It's just a "small" down payment and I am NOT earning any money in the bank so I gave it to Disney. It might just work out for us!!!

so I'm lucky :shamrock: and :Pinkbounc:banana:

Sorry :sad1::worried::sad2::sad:for the rest of you - and good luck dealing with Disney if you are going to try and get an onboard booking credit post cruise.

Heck DCL might do the "right" thing and send all of us that have cruised since they implemented the onerous 18 month policy a "onboard booking certificate" to redeem on a future cruise.

Contacted by TA. She call DCL and talked to a supervisor. My TA will be out of the office on Thursday. This is the response,

"Thank you! I spoke with the supervisor, and she agrees with us as well. She is looking further into this to see what they can do for you. She said she will call me Friday, so I will follow up with you once I hear from her."

If you read the Disney Cruise Blog, it sounds like we will be getting something. I've attached a link to the Blog

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...icy-extended-24-months-plus-2016-block-dates/

Sigh, we would have booked an OBB if this policy had been in place a month ago!

the extra 6 months would have changed your mind :confused3

I bet majority of those that didn't book because of the 18 month window would not have booked because of the 24 month window.

I bet majority of those that didn't book because of the 18 month window would not have booked because of the 24 month window.

Guess you didn't see my post # 37. Yes, 24 months makes a big difference especially for those who like to cruise the same time of year but can't do it every year. Had we known there was even a hint of possibility of 24 month booking we would have booked 2 weeks ago when on board. We were looking for early Fall 0f 2016 whicfh would be within the 24 month time frame. Many who were on our B2B cruise that didn't book are frustrated as well.

I would call them. Nothing to lose, right?

I sent an email and their response was I needed to book while on board. I'll call later.

Yes it would as I already had an Oct 2015 cruise booked so six months later would have been too soon, but Oct 2016 would be great.

the extra 6 months would have changed your mind :confused3 I bet majority of those that didn't book because of the 18 month window would not have booked because of the 24 month window.

Yes, because I want to use it on the PC repo in May 2016. Booking an OBB in September 2014 doesn't help me with the 18 month rule as the benefits would have expired. The 24 month rule would have allowed me to book on board and use the OBB for the cruise I wish to take.

We also like cruising off season so the 18 month rule was awkward.

Great change! I'm so glad they did this and even more glad that on the last day of my Fantasy cruise a couple of weeks ago I booked a dummy, just in case, not really knowing if I'd be able to go again within an 18 month time frame. Now I can go in summer 2016 like I wanted and I'll have more itineraries to choose from. Sweet.

Ugh... I had a dummy cruise booked that I canceled as I was not going to be able to use by June 2015. Would have been able to push it down to Nov/Dec 2015...

Yes it would have changed my mind as we always cruise in the fall and the 18 month window did not allow me to book a dummy cruise to use in Fall 2016.

If 24 months I would have booked OBB but choose not to as it was 18 months we cruise every year about the same time, I had 2015 booked so it would have been for 2016.

Well drat! We too would have done OBB with a 24 month window. We cruised in January and are cruising next December so we didn't make the 18 month cutoff. We didn't/don't want to sail any earlier because I just had a baby.

It will be interesting to see what if anything they do for those who claim they would have rebooked on board if the policy was changed. My guess is you really are probably out of luck.

It's like being asked to prove a book laying on a table hasn't been opened with no advantage of a camera to prove it. You can't. Just like you can't PROVE you would have booked while on board.

While it would be nice if they did, we already know they know about "tips and tricks" (that are really exceptions to the rules) passed along on here and then other people demand that they get the same treatment because "I read it on the DIS!". All it would take is one person coming on here and saying they called and claimed they would have rebooked on board and got the benefits and everyone who cruised in the time the 18 month window was in effect would be calling and saying they would have rebooked, and they know it can be done because they read it on the DIS. Sadly in this internet age, an "exception" quickly has to become the rule, so most places won't consider "exceptions" any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter