Omg I'm pregnant how to tell hubby in wdw! Update

If you have time call and discuss rides with your doctor. Some are marked as not safe for pregnant women and there isn't really that much of a reason. Pirates is one of them. Discuss it wil your doctor and see what they say based on your history and how far along you are.

Are you serious? I don't remember pirates having a warning and we went on it while I was pregnant and I got so worried after the drop until I felt the baby kick again.

I even told my friend who later went while she was pregnant not to go on it. It scared me so bad.

ETA: No current pregnancy warning on website, BUT there should be one.

OP: I don't see how you could get away with waiting to tell him if you are skipping the thrill rides. Are your Fast passes for later in the day? He's going to wonder why you are skipping the thrill rides.

For my husband, I would tell him on the way there so he has time to adjust to the fact that the trip will be different than he expected, or I would tell him pretty quickly upon arrival.

You could get celebration buttons and write "new baby" or you could get a 1st visit button and when he asks "why?" because a typical man would not get that, you say "It's our baby's first visit!!" The buttons are nice because you can tell him pretty quickly upon arrival and don't have to try to be shifty.

I agree with others that you will have fun even if you can't ride all the thrill rides. There is still SO much to do at Disney, you won't be bored at all.

I'd make a sign that says "we're pregnant!" folded in half. Have the first photo pass photographer in the park take a picture of you and your husband with your camera phone. Hold up the sign at the last minute. After the picture is taken, hide the sign, show your husband the photo and ask him what he thinks of it. ;)

Or have balloons waiting in the room.

Congratulations!

Buy him an ear hat and have daddy written on the back. See how long it takes for him to notice.

I have to imagine he might realize something is up when you sit out of rides.

This was my suggestion, too. Tell him you want to get ears for your trip, and make an ears store your first stop in your first park... If you could possibly do the personalization form without him near you could have them put "mommy" and "daddy" on the ears, and then keep them in the bag until you get to a photopass photographer. Take a couple of photos then say "Oh, I forgot about our hats!" or something, and give his to him then. Then you'll have the reveal and his reaction photographed! That's how I plan to do it, anyway, if we're ever lucky enough to be in this situation in Disney! Haha.

I second the button idea! I would ask the ticket person for a button because you're celebrating. And when the ticket person ask what you are celebrating. I'd look your husband in the eye and tell him :)

Take him to Disney Jr live on stage and then tell him that when you come back to WDW in 2018 years you'll have your own 2 year old jumping around crazy like the rest of the kids.

I'd make a sign that says "we're pregnant!" folded in half. Have the first photo pass photographer in the park take a picture of you and your husband with your camera phone. Hold up the sign at the last minute. After the picture is taken, hide the sign, show your husband the photo and ask him what he thinks of it. ;)

Congratulations!

OMG that would be AWESOME!!! Photo bomb the pic with the sign, or wear a pregnancy type t-shirt, a funny one, under a jacket, take the jacket off for the photo, then casually ask your DH to check the picture to see how you both looked, etc... that would be amazing!!! (well, to me it would be! HA!)

Congrats on the new bundle of joy... :) Enjoy your "babymoon"... :)

If you have time call and discuss rides with your doctor. Some are marked as not safe for pregnant women and there isn't really that much of a reason. Pirates is one of them. Discuss it wil your doctor and see what they say based on your history and how far along you are.

This. Also, many things you'd think are unsafe during pregnancy are actually okay in the first trimester. Talk to the doc before raining on your own parade.

Maybe a basket from the Disney florist? They'll customize one, so a couple baby items and ears that say "Daddy" might be a cute surprise.

And congratulations! I know what it's like to *finally* have a long awaited baby. All the bery best to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter