Older Adults: What are your three favorite things to do in the Magic Kingdom?

42 here:

POTC-2 words Johnny Depp
Haunted Mansion-I like to make funny faces with the ghost the you see in the mirror
2 new ones this time: Last weekend dd12 and I went, it was our first time riding BTMRR and Space Mountain.

50 + 2 adults

1. POTC
2. Tomorrowland Transit Authority/TTA
3. Carousel of Progress
3. EMH Dumbo/Cindy's Carousel..very late EMH like 1 am

We are 48 and 58. We enjoyed Carousel of Progress for the first time during our trip in September. It's A Small World was closed at WDW in September, but I have loved it at both Disneyland and Disney World in the past. Wishes was wonderful this last trip.

If nothing was closed, my favorites would be:

It's A Small World
Carousel of Progress
Probably a tie between Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes.

I think that Magic Kingdom is worth it for adults, but it is important to be able to handle crowds if you want to go to Wishes. It is insane!

Mickey's Philharmagic, POTC and HM. I'm 68 and until a couple of years ago I would ride everything, but now stay away from SM and BTMRR, these are a little tough on the old bones.

1. The mountains (Splash, Big Thunder & Space)
2. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribeans, Jungle Cruise
3. Carousel of Progress and the Steam Trains
There - that's three for you.

I'm a lottt younger than that, but I often bring my Nana with us when we go to Disney World, and she loves the Magic Kingdom!

Some of the attractions we take her on:
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- It's A Small World
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- The Haunted Mansion
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Also, Main Street USA is full of entertainment for those who want to go at a more relaxed pace, such as the piano player near Casey's Corner and the Marching Band and especially the barber shop quartet - the Dapper Dan's!

Stopping in at Tony's Town Square restaurant is a favorite of my Nana's as well, because the classic italian food and nice atmosphere makes for a good meal. And even stopping in the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor to get an Ice Cream sundae is lots of fun!

And last but not least, watching the fireworks is a beautiful way to end the day. That experience is really worth it to go to the Magic Kingdom.

There's TONS to do at that park for people of ANY age group, and I feel like those who are older actually would appreciate it more. I would recommend Magic Kingdom over Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios for sure, because there really is a lot to do there! And it is CLASSIC disney. So, I would give it a shot! I'm sure you would have a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

1) People watch
2) Take photos and look at things no one else notices
3) Eat Popcorn and Corndogs and drink a coke and chill

I'm 49+

I can't pick just three, I love too many things:lovestruc
But the 3 things I would DO first would be: enjoy every second of my walk down Mainstreet, get a Dolewhip Float and head over to POTC:)

My mom is 65. We went last September.

Her top 3 are
1. PP
2. eating at LTT
3. Shopping

She also likes HM, Philharmagic, CoP, Monsters Inc, TTA, eating at the Plaza, Splash, HoP, the riverboat and WTP and watching PUSH and other entertainment.

Pick 3, pick 3... well, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mtn RR, and so many more! I'm 57 and I love everything at the Magic Kingdom, rides, shows, parades, food.
I just love stepping onto Main Street.

62 Here and can't wait to ride Buzz Light Year, the Haunted Mansion and Pirates!! I don't do roller coasters and love this park and can find plenty to do that's well worth the time spent there.

I'm just over 50 now. I was never a roller coaster fan. But I love MK and would never skip it.

I doubt I can pick a definitive "top 3". But my faves certainly include Its A Small World (and I am old enough that I rode this for the first time at the New York World's Fair - and I still love it), Buzz Lightyear, and Haunted Mansion.

And just about everything else too. I rode SM once and I won't do it again. I have not tried BTMRR (though I just might this time), Splash (probably won't), or Astro Orbiter (again, maybe this trip). I ride, do, and see everything else in the park.

Late 40s here and I'd say whatever you plan, do NOT miss the MK! Like someone else mentioned - it's pure Disney, whether or not you step on a ride or attraction all day long, it's Magic just being there :wizard:

To be honest, these old bones don't enjoy Space Mountain anymore - it whips you something terrible!! BTMR is okay and Splash is a pretty mellow ride for the most part, so worth the storyline and animatronics!

My 3 favorite "old person" things to do are:

Carousel of Progress; Mickey's Philharmagic; Hall of Presidents.

My DH and I are both 55+. I refuse to ride RNRC at DHS anymore and my DH and I refuse to ride Mission Space (orange version) at Epcot anymore. Other than those we both still ride every ride at all the parks.

both of us are 55...

our favorite mk things:

splash mountain
haunted mansion
potc

we have others, but you only asked for 3

66 here.

I enjoy most everything, have stopped doing Space Mountain, too much for my back and neck. Top 3? Probably Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Pirates.

I am 57 and I love everything (except the tea cups...I stopped doing those in my 20's). All the mountains, Pirates, and the Haunted Mansion are the best. But I love Mickey's Philharmagic...makes me want pie. lol

(on a side note, my mom at 74 (she is now 77) LOVED Tower of Terror...different park I know, and she loved Splash....no coasters for her though)

I would say age doesn't really come into play at a Disney park, because there's something for all ages at all parks. I would go with what interests you the most. If you want the classic Disney park experience, go to MK. If you want something more entertainment oriented, go to DHS. If you're into animals, go to AK. If you want a little travel and technology, go to Epcot.

My personal faves at MK are:

the Peoplemover
POTC
HM

My favorite parks, in order are:

Epcot
MK
DHS
AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter