OLD THREAD: 2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 2- May, June and July DON'T POST HERE!

Is there a possibility the BC boat to Hollywood Studios could support a wheelchair? My daughter cannot transfer. Thanks for the info in advance to all you BC/YC pros!!!

Yes, they have a portable ramp that they use with the wheelchair/scooter passengers and there is space inside the boat for wheelchair/scooter seating.

Very excited here to be 11 weeks out from our first stay at the BC! :cool1:

Any thoughs on garden view rooms? Opinions? Any truly great garden views? Any lousy garden views? Can any of the rooms see Spaceship Earth?

Thanks!

I went ahead and did online check-in. I started getting paranoid that when I made my phone reservation 6 months ago that the CM didn't really note my request for a full balcony, so, since that's an option on the online check-in now, I went ahead and did it.

Did a little packing today, will do a little tomorrow and will do the rest the day before we leave. Can't wait!

Scott MC -- We have a GV room booked, so I'll let you know when I get back. I just want something relatively pretty. I think someone posted a few pages back that they booked a standard view but it was right on the cusp of where it turns into water view, so they really lucked out. Hope my GV isn't on the cusp of standard view! :laughing:

Hello my Beach Club buddies... I have been away because we have no plans to come & visit the mouse. This is the week we usually come but I am on vacation hold at work so no trip for us!!

Hi every one

how long does it take to go to "chef de france" by walking since Yacht Club ?

Thank you !

My son and I made it from the campfire beach in less than 15 minutes, but we were walking pretty quickly. We had lunch there earlier that day, and were hoping to get one of bistro tables by the water that are right across from it for the fireworks and it was already after 8pm, hence the speed walking. :)

Here is a pic of Remy from our lunch, which was totally delicious. (sorry it is so humongous, I don't know how to make it smaller from my link)
IMG_2376.JPG

Being from Mass and living in NH, I just had to google that Chocolate Bar! OMG!!!! How have I never heard of this? I see its Sept-June and not sure I could make it by the end of June so looks like I will have to put this on my "to-do" list for this fall! Yumm and what perfect spot to talk Disney! :woohoo:

We'll probably do it again next year. I went last year too and I think they've been doing it for a few years. If you want to keep in touch with me, I can let you know when we plan it again.

I have seen a couple people mention that they received a survey after their stay, but I haven't received one. I was wondering what the best way to give feedback is without a survey, because I really had a fantastic stay at the BC and would really like to let someone know. Everyone from housekeeping to the people staffing the club lounge were exceptional. Thanks!

Just 9 weeks away....everyone is now getting excited! We've decided to extend our BC stay a few more days :banana: Our new dates are 8/11-8/20.

Natebenma - our dates have changed. We are on the list from 9/24 - 9/30. Our new dates are 10/14 - 10/21 BC GV (still after a short stay at AK).

I am hoping it will still be warm enough to swim then and that it won't be too crowded.

I have seen a couple people mention that they received a survey after their stay, but I haven't received one. I was wondering what the best way to give feedback is without a survey, because I really had a fantastic stay at the BC and would really like to let someone know. Everyone from housekeeping to the people staffing the club lounge were exceptional. Thanks!

If you check the first page, I believe that Dee posted the address for the GM of the YC/BC so you could probably send a letter directly to her. (I think it's a her, if I'm remembering correctly.)

Natebenma - our dates have changed. We are on the list from 9/24 - 9/30. Our new dates are 10/14 - 10/21 BC GV (still after a short stay at AK).

I am hoping it will still be warm enough to swim then and that it won't be too crowded.

My husband has a conference that we've been attending that week in October for the past 5 or 6 years and YES, it's warm enough to swim. Last year was the worst weather wise, overcast and raining most of the week but that was not the norm based on previous years.

Can anyone tell me what the current cost for Cape May Cafe is, breakfast and dinner please. The prices are a range online and based on time of the year so not very helpful. TIA! 17 days and counting for us :cool1:

You can add me to the list for August! Booked a trip a few weeks ago for 8/20-8/26 at YC. This is our first time staying at YC. We love the buffet at Cape May Cafe, so we've been to BC a lot to visit. Looks like a great resort. Don't want to rush summer along, so I'm not doing much of a count down for this trip! I actually don't like seeing the number of days listed until your trip on the Disney site - don't take my summer away! Normally, we do two trips a year, December and April. However, I got DD's school schedule for December and it will not work this year - so I planned a birthday trip for August instead. Got to get my Disney fix in! :yay:

Can anyone tell me what the current cost for Cape May Cafe is, breakfast and dinner please. The prices are a range online and based on time of the year so not very helpful. TIA! 17 days and counting for us :cool1:

You can never tell. They change them according to season and I can't for the life of me figure out the "seasons".

OMG, does my ticker say 2 days???

Have a great time!! I don't envy you having to chaperone a bunch of teens but I'm sure it will be magical for all of you!;)

Hello my Beach Club buddies... I have been away because we have no plans to come & visit the mouse. This is the week we usually come but I am on vacation hold at work so no trip for us!!

That stinks!! I hope your vacation hold ends soon so you can get back to BC....I always hold my breath that my husband's vacation doesn't get pulled before our trips. So far so good!

Well I am almost to the point I can try to book the Tomorrow Land Fireworks Dessert Party. I have never taken my family to this so I thought it was time to give it a try. I think I read somewhere they start taking reservations 60 days out...can anyone confirm this for me? TIA!!

You can add me to the list for August! Booked a trip a few weeks ago for 8/20-8/26 at YC. This is our first time staying at YC. We love the buffet at Cape May Cafe, so we've been to BC a lot to visit. Looks like a great resort. Don't want to rush summer along, so I'm not doing much of a count down for this trip! I actually don't like seeing the number of days listed until your trip on the Disney site - don't take my summer away! Normally, we do two trips a year, December and April. However, I got DD's school schedule for December and it will not work this year - so I planned a birthday trip for August instead. Got to get my Disney fix in! :yay:

Hi Melanie!
I'm from RI too an we will be there at the same time! I just said to my husband I hate to rush the summer away but can't wait for August to get here!!! :)

:welcome:

What are the dates of your trip? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? (Post 13)

Here is the info from the FAQ Post (Post 12) on the first page of this thread;

Where can I purchase and refill a refillable mug?

Refillable Mugs may be purchased and filled at the Beach Club Marketplace (self-serve station), Beaches and Cream (CM assisted service, get into the ice cream takeout line), Hurricane Hanna's (self-serve station) and the Ale and Compass Lounge in the Yacht Club resort (coffee/tea self-service, juices and soda behind the bar).

Pixarmom provided pictures of the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace.

RefillMugStationMarketplace-2.jpg
OtherBeveragesMarketplace-2.jpg

I think the Marketplace is open at 6:30 for coffee, 7 am for everything else.

Thank you so much for the info!!! :)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my trip. I really appreciate it.

:banana::banana::banana:

I have a mile-long To Do list for today, but I should be checking in a few more times, and even tomorrow morning. I don't have to be at the school until 10 am, which is much later than our typical 4 am departures for Disney trips. I'm sure I will be going crazy tomorrow!

Well, our much anticipated vacation to Disney World and the Yacht Club ended today. We had a wonderful time and my family had lots of memories that will last a lifetime. This was our first stay at the YC and our second stay at a Disney Resort.

*snip*

Overall, I think we would choose the YC over the GF in the future. We love them both, but we really feel comfortable at the YC. I highly recommend this resort for families and couples.

Thank you for your fantastic report! I'm so glad you had a great time!

I'm LOVING it here at BC so far! For anyone worried that online checking might prevent any pixie dust in the room department, fear not. We were surprised with a lagoon view, after checking in online last week for our standard room! pixiedust: Getting ready to walk over to DHS for my first SWW... :yoda:

Thanks for checking in and :woohoo: on the upgrade!

Loving all the live updates! I am so glad we made the BC switch! I have a few questions.

A Mom from one of the other families has a birthday on our arrival day. Nothing was jumping out at me from Disney florists. Is it possible to order something like chocolate covered strawberries and champagne from room service to be in their room when we arrive?

BUMP

Someone else asked about treats delivered to the room earlier in the week. Do you order the milk and cookies, chocolate strawberries, etc. from room service? What about things like the chocolate monorail? Is that through a special ordering service?

Sorry that you don't currently have a trip planned. :sad1: Nice to have you checking in and saying hello, though!

Here's the address for the Yacht & Beach Club GM. You can also send an email to Disney's Guest Communications. I did both. I think the one to the GM has more direct impact, though.

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

BTW- LOVE the picture of Remy! So cute.

Just 9 weeks away....everyone is now getting excited! We've decided to extend our BC stay a few more days :banana: Our new dates are 8/11-8/20.

Got it!!!

I'll make the change.

:welcome: Melanie!

I will gladly add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Getting ready to head in for a day at the BC and hopefully to meet some Disers!! Got a shot in my heel on Thursday so hopefully the foot will be better today at work.

Getting ready to head in for a day at the BC and hopefully to meet some Disers!! Got a shot in my heel on Thursday so hopefully the foot will be better today at work.

Teena - Hope your foot doesn't get too sore today.

Dee - Have a great time tomorrow! (and on the days that follow :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter