• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Disney Park photos

My Mom went through her old photo albums and found some of our pics from WDW. I finally scanned them and am excited to share.

Click on the images for a larger view:

Check out the rental strollers!

Is that my park ticket around my neck?

Why my parents thought it was a good idea for a 5 year old to stand on top a garbage can protected by my disinterested/unconcerned teenaged brother is a mystery to me.

Note - I believe these were taken in 1979.

I would really love to see these costumes brought back for Future World Mickey & Minnie. Aren't they the greatest!

I think the stockades below are gone. Or at least I don't recall seeing them on recent trips.

And the giant sweatband is super fab!

Mrs D...wow thanks for sharing...I have never seen Mickey & Minnie in the 80s...lol...those outfits they are wearing are out of this world..:lmao:

The Stocks are still there. They are in Liberty Square at the place the parade route turns.

I'm not so sure If i remember the seated version of the stocks still being there (been awhile)... but I know for certain the stand up version is still there on the platform

I remember the strollers but I can't remember when Mickey was dressed like that. Thanks for sharing.

The Stocks are still there. They are in Liberty Square at the place the parade route turns.

I'm not so sure If i remember the seated version of the stocks still being there (been awhile)... but I know for certain the stand up version is still there on the platform

Both sets were there in 2009! :)

Mrs D...... thanks for sharing!!! some awesome pics...
but some REALLY SCARY ones too...... that is one creepy Chip!!! and Pooh!!!!!

old2.jpg

Honestly though - this doesn't look all that different from today - to me. Those sunglasses on my aunt look like ones you could find today!

old7.jpg

the shoulder bag is the BATTERY!!!

old6.jpg

I wonder if my Uncle still has this video tape? Would be fun to see!
These photos were taken with slide film and scanned by me - with no technical ability so sorry for the poor quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter