Old Disney Park photos

wow! Thanks for sharing your pictures jud! Those are the oldest photos of dw i have seen on here. when did the mk and epcot open?
it's so stark and barren! Look at tomorrowland!! It's so boring! It just keeps getting prettier every year as the landscaping grows and changes!

mk - 1971
epcot - 1982

Wow! Thanks for sharing your pictures Jud! Those are the oldest photos of DW I have seen on here. When did the MK and Epcot open?

It's so stark and barren! Look at Tomorrowland!! It's so boring! It just keeps getting prettier every year as the landscaping grows and changes!

Sorry Denise- I never saw the question. Notification doesn't always work quite right! Thanks LiveToGo for giving the dates!

Yes! Stark!!! Or, if you prefer, "open"! Hehehehee... Of note is the serpent topiary that is now near the castle at the time was at the start of the monorail near the TTC!

Also of note, there were almost as many CM's with dustpans and brush as guests!

Tomorrowland was If I had Wings, very popular as it was a freebie! And Journey to Mars? Or was it the moon? where Stitch is now... same theater, you sat around an open "porthole" in the center of the theater and watched as earth faded off in the distance while the narrator called out significant moments in your flight!

:)

Jud

Sorry Denise- I never saw the question. Notification doesn't always work quite right! Thanks LiveToGo for giving the dates!

Yes! Stark!!! Or, if you prefer, "open"! Hehehehee... Of note is the serpent topiary that is now near the castle at the time was at the start of the monorail near the TTC!

Also of note, there were almost as many CM's with dustpans and brush as guests!

Tomorrowland was If I had Wings, very popular as it was a freebie! And Journey to Mars? Or was it the moon? where Stitch is now... same theater, you sat around an open "porthole" in the center of the theater and watched as earth faded off in the distance while the narrator called out significant moments in your flight!

:)

Jud

Jud, it was Mission to Mars. :)

I don't remember exactly where this came from, so if it is a picture taken by anyone on the board, please take credit for it. I think, however, it was a WDW promotional picture. I still don't know how I have it, but there it is.

what year was this? I don't recall a small round pool in the campground as a kid

My parents, sister and I had a travel trailer and went to a campground. My mom doesn't know where this campground/pool is. The picture was taken in 1972.

Disney1984259.jpg

I found some more old photos!

MGM before the hat!!!

Thanks for posting the wonderful picture. I love the picture without the hat.

Wow I can't get over how much the Great Movie Ride stood out before the hat! It seems that may have been meant to be the iconic structure in that park before the hat. Now that I think about it, it seems so crowded now with that big hat built directly in front of the ride.

The HAIR in this one, hahah. You can spot me in my stroller in the reflection of the mirrored float:

Parade WDW 1986 by essilec, on Flickr

I love seeing this float... I think it's funny/cool how Disney continues to reuse and repurpose things... Here's my picture - it's not that old, but it shows this same float in use 22 years later in 2008 for the Year of a Million Dreams parade.

CIMG3742.jpg

D~

I love seeing this float... I think it's funny/cool how Disney continues to reuse and repurpose things... Here's my picture - it's not that old, but it shows this same float in use 22 years later in 2008 for the Year of a Million Dreams parade.

CIMG3742.jpg

D~
That is neat Dorine!

It's called the Castle float (for obvious reasons). Will "probably" show up again for the Christmas parties. Probably one of the last uses was the last Celebrate A Dream Come True parade that ended in early January this year. Also used some for the RunDisney events in January & February but backstage.

It's called the Castle float (for obvious reasons). Will "probably" show up again for the Christmas parties. Probably one of the last uses was the last Celebrate A Dream Come True parade that ended in early January this year. Also used some for the RunDisney events in January & February but backstage.

That float just needs to go!!!!! :rotfl2:

I don't have any pics to post but I'm hoping someone can help me with an old issue. I am trying to scrapbook some items from the year when "Happiest a Celebration on Earth" was the theme. Can anyone tell me the year Disney used that theme at WDW. thanks!:)

I don't have any pics to post but I'm hoping someone can help me with an old issue. I am trying to scrapbook some items from the year when "Happiest a Celebration on Earth" was the theme. Can anyone tell me the year Disney used that theme at WDW. thanks!:)

That was my favorite theme :) We were there in 2006, but according to http://themeparks.about.com/od/disneyparks/a/DL50Celebration.htm :
"The Happiest Celebration on Earth," an 18-month festival that kicked off on May 5, 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter