OKW Studio kitchenette

snowwite

DIS Veteran
Does the mini fridge in OKW Deluxe Studio contain a freezer section? I have a gel pack for medication and need to find a way to chill it.
thanks

As Disney replace the mini-fridges, they are getting beverage coolers. I would not make plans based on having a freezer section. It is literally unit to unit on what you get.

We rarely stay in studios anymore, but did so for one night in September at BRV, which is newly renovated. The unit had a beverage cooler.

Our son and DIL's ice cream melted, so no their villa had a beverage cooler.

As Disney replace the mini-fridges, they are getting beverage coolers. I would not make plans based on having a freezer section. It is literally unit to unit on what you get.
Who thought this was a good idea? Is there any advantage of a beverage cooler over a refrigerator? Personally, I'd much rather have a mini-fridge.

Does the mini fridge in OKW Deluxe Studio contain a freezer section? I have a gel pack for medication and need to find a way to chill it.
thanks
Submit a request to MS for a mini fridge with freezer for medical reasons. If you find a beverage cooler in your room at checkin, call Housekeeping to bring a mini fridge with freezer.
Who thought this was a good idea? Is there any advantage of a beverage cooler over a refrigerator? Personally, I'd much rather have a mini-fridge.
The advantages are all on the management side - beverage coolers are less expensive (lower cost to buy and replace, meaning lower dues for owners) and are less likely to malfunction (lower maintenance costs, so lower dues for owners). If we stayed in studios regularly, I’d email MS and let them know that I’m willing to pay higher dues to support mini-fridges in the studios.

We rarely stay in studios anymore, but did so for one night in September at BRV, which is newly renovated. The unit had a beverage cooler.
Is a beverage cooler different than a fridge? I’m planning to get groceries.

The beverage cooler does not have a freezer, and usually doesn’t get as cold as a mini fridge.
That stinks! The studio pics show a fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. I need to put my insulin and mounjaro in the fridge and was planning to refreeze the gel pack as well as some water bottles. I planned to buy some breakfast stuff, fruit, veg, cheese etc. This is like the 4th bad news I have received and not even there yet. I’m getting so bummed.

:oops: Well Pooh. That’s not good.
Really, as it was pistachio and I bought it for them for what $8 or $10/pint...we stayed in a 1BR and they were in the next building over LOL! Too far to run to our place for ice cream at 10 pm when we are out like a light ha, ha!

The beverage cooler does not have a freezer, and usually doesn’t get as cold as a mini fridge.
We added a coffee bar to the guest room area and bought a beverage cooler which chills to about 35 degrees. It is mostly for water, soda, etc and DH has access from his office/aka *man cave*!

We added a coffee bar to the guest room area and bought a beverage cooler which chills to about 35 degrees. It is mostly for water, soda, etc and DH has access from his office/aka *man cave*!
We got a mini fridge when our real one croaked. I was going to pass it along to local college kids for dorm but hubs has it in the man cave! Now I need a she shed!

We got a mini fridge when our real one croaked. I was going to pass it along to local college kids for dorm but hubs has it in the man cave! Now I need a she shed!
We are three plus months into our new home and DH calls my kitchen my *she shed*...okay, so it is pretty awesome but I really don't like to cook so I don't think that counts LOL! Our attic is my 900 sf of awesomeness where I can arrange seasonal decor, artwork, furniture etc that is not currently being used. Only thing is the darn electrician did NOT put one single outlet in the attic though he did install a ceiling fan! :crazy:

That stinks! The studio pics show a fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. I need to put my insulin and mounjaro in the fridge and was planning to refreeze the gel pack as well as some water bottles. I planned to buy some breakfast stuff, fruit, veg, cheese etc. This is like the 4th bad news I have received and not even there yet. I’m getting so bummed.
Again, ask MS now to put a request for a minifridge for medical reasons. I’ve read reports that they’re available. And I thought Deluxe Studios were supposed to have them, but obviously that’s not the case.

ETA - specify that you need a freezer for medication.

Last edited:
We are three plus months into our new home and DH calls my kitchen my *she shed*...okay, so it is pretty awesome but I really don't like to cook so I don't think that counts LOL! Our attic is my 900 sf of awesomeness where I can arrange seasonal decor, artwork, furniture etc that is not currently being used. Only thing is the darn electrician did NOT put one single outlet in the attic though he did install a ceiling fan! :crazy:
Nope. The kitchen does not count!

Again, ask MS now to put a request for a minifridge for medical reasons. I’ve read reports that they’re available. And I thought Deluxe Studios were supposed to have them, but obviously that’s not the case.

ETA - specify that you need a freezer for medication.
I’m already begging for first floor so I can’t ask for anything else. I’ll manage. The pharmacist said as long as the meds aren’t kept over 86 degrees they should be fine for the trip home even if I can’t freeze the gel pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter