OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

While at OKW in the South Point area, I was entertained by a couple of wild turkeys yesterday. They were on the golf course behind our villa. A large Tom just stood near the green for the longest time. He eventually gobbled a bit, crossed the green and a hen joined him. Later I spotted them right at the edge of a villa's patio hanging out for a long time! Are turkey sightings at OKW common?

While at OKW in the South Point area, I was entertained by a couple of wild turkeys yesterday. They were on the golf course behind our villa. A large Tom just stood near the green for the longest time. He eventually gobbled a bit, crossed the green and a hen joined him. Later I spotted them right at the edge of a villa's patio hanging out for a long time! Are turkey sightings at OKW common?
I saw a FB post last week with Turkeys at SSR.

That's how we felt first time seeing OKW, we took the boat from Disney Springs to there on accident, we were owners at SSR and were staying there. When we got off the boat and started walking around, wow, gotta get points here, and so we did, twice!! We've stayed at OKW ever since, even transferring our SSR points at 7months to extend our stays, three weeks this year. Congrats, your gonna love it.

My family is looking at renting points to stay at OKW in May 2022. Do you think it'd be very difficult to get 2 studios if we book in December 2021?

My family is looking at renting points to stay at OKW in May 2022. Do you think it'd be very difficult to get 2 studios if we book in December 2021?

We own at OKW and it shouldn't be a problem for you with Studios. Your best with availability will be a 1-Bedroom tho. It likely all depends what happens with COVID and whether restrictions begin to be lifted in other countries later this year.

We own at OKW and it shouldn't be a problem for you with Studios. Your best with availability will be a 1-Bedroom tho. It likely all depends what happens with COVID and whether restrictions begin to be lifted in other countries later this year.
Thanks for the info. I've looked into the 1 bedrooms, but I'm really hoping we can get 4 total real beds. lol

Thanks for the info. I've looked into the 1 bedrooms, but I'm really hoping we can get 4 total real beds. lol
The 2 BR will only have three real beds. If your want 4 real beds, you could rent two studios but you would not have kitchen or W/D.

Just wanted to say that I am a OKW convert. I own at AKL and HHI, but recently stayed in a studio in the Millers Road area last week. I just loved the grounds and the atmosphere, plus the increased space in the studios! My parents also came for part of the stay and I think I may have converted them to DVC (I did also take them for a tour of a 1 bedroom and a tour over at BLT, which I think cinched it).

I stayed for 5 nights and my family joined me for 2 of those (I went to the Dis Family Reunion). I rented a car which made getting around WDW much easier. Honestly it was amazing to me how convenient OKW was to all the parks (I did just do MK, Epcot, and HS, this trip). I would routinely be parking at my villa within 15 minutes from leaving Epcot or HS.

We had a resort only day on Saturday which was fabulous. Starting it off with a leisurely breakfast, afternoon by the pool (and we did laundry while there - so convenient), followed by a leisurely dinner at Disney Springs at Wine Bar George (I wish the boat transportation was back though!), and we brought back Amorrette's Patisserie mini-cakes for late night desserts. Absolutely perfect day and just makes me want to schedule more resort-only days for future trips while being a DVC member.

Just wanted to say that I am a OKW convert. I own at AKL and HHI, but recently stayed in a studio in the Millers Road area last week. I just loved the grounds and the atmosphere, plus the increased space in the studios! My parents also came for part of the stay and I think I may have converted them to DVC (I did also take them for a tour of a 1 bedroom and a tour over at BLT, which I think cinched it).

I stayed for 5 nights and my family joined me for 2 of those (I went to the Dis Family Reunion). I rented a car which made getting around WDW much easier. Honestly it was amazing to me how convenient OKW was to all the parks (I did just do MK, Epcot, and HS, this trip). I would routinely be parking at my villa within 15 minutes from leaving Epcot or HS.

We had a resort only day on Saturday which was fabulous. Starting it off with a leisurely breakfast, afternoon by the pool (and we did laundry while there - so convenient), followed by a leisurely dinner at Disney Springs at Wine Bar George (I wish the boat transportation was back though!), and we brought back Amorrette's Patisserie mini-cakes for late night desserts. Absolutely perfect day and just makes me want to schedule more resort-only days for future trips while being a DVC member.
We're taking my mom in February and staying in a 2BR in hopes to tempt her into buying. I'd love to have some extra points to steal once and a while ;) and my kids (7 and 11) are SUPER excited for show nonny all around the resort!

Most studios are located at the ends of the buildings. So two studios might be at completely opposite sides of the building or different floors. There are four buildings 14, 18, 35 and 38 that have studios in the corners of the building so they are side by side. These are three story buildings and the studios won't have an outer corridor window, just the patio door.

Is there a separate upstairs entrance in a 3 bedroom villa at OKW So family members that stay out late could come home and not disturb anyone?

Is there a separate upstairs entrance in a 3 bedroom villa at OKW So family members that stay out late could come home and not disturb anyone?
No, the stairs to the upstairs bedrooms are inside the Grand Villa. If you want separate entrances, you may want to reserve a two bedroom lock-off and an additional studio. That would give you 3 outside entrances, the one bedroom portion, the attached studio and thee additional studio would each have an exterior entrance.

No, the stairs to the upstairs bedrooms are inside the Grand Villa. If you want separate entrances, you may want to reserve a two bedroom lock-off and an additional studio. That would give you 3 outside entrances, the one bedroom portion, the attached studio and thee additional studio would each have an exterior entrance.
Thanx for the suggestion!

Here now, Sitting on my balcony....watching the boats go by 😳🥰

and I can’t flip the flipping photo....View attachment 606167
Flip your phone sideways, take picture. For some reason the Dis mobile phone website puts pictures in landscape mode. So if uploading from mobile phone. Take pics in landscape mode. Others say if the upload to computer then attach they work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter