• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay, I caved and went to DAH!

beaprn

Mouseketeer
When this first came out I had the same reaction a lot of folks did " are they nuts, no way this is worth $149, I will never do it, it is a money grab ,etc ,etc ! But I am a AP and they offered $75 dollars for us and one of the dates coincided with dates I was going to be in the area. I do not usually get to the parks until later in the day anyway because frankly I am not a morning person, I usually work 7p-7a so I am a night person. So I decided to try this after the review on the podcast and Pete seemed pretty psyched about it. I think Pete is right they have found their price point at $75, I would not pay $149 or even $100 because I just could not justify that amount of money for three hours. However, my AP has blackout dates and I do have some leftover never expiring tickets that I could use if I absolutely had to go during blackout times but if this was offered I would take advantage of this again especially since you can get in at 7pm.
I arrived about 8p the park closed at 11p that night. I got something to eat first and then I wandered around until the castle show started watched that and the fireworks from the lawn area in front of Casey's. Then I am afraid I did not really use my time wisely because I did the Pirates and then waited for the MSEP to get around to that area then watched that and by then it was after 1130. From there I did Splash, the Runaway Train and the Haunted Mansion in quick order. The Country Bear and Pirates were also open but I passed on that. I then got a drink and an ice cream and hit Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan (Small World was open) and then tried to go on SWMT but they were having problems. Then I really messed up because I did Mickey's Philharmonic because it was supposed to start in ten minutes but of course with the pre show and all it probably ate about 30 mins time ( I know dumb,dumb, dumb) Well by then it was after 1am so I hit the cars and Space mountain, both of which I had not done in years due to the lines. Space mountain was as great as I remember. Then I had time for Buzz Lightyear and it was 2a. I could have done a lot more had I thought it out but live and learn. But the event itself was great no lines, no heat and happy CMs. I was surprised at the amount of younger children out at that time (5-10yr old) but they were no screaming children or adults LOL! You could ride the attractions again without getting off if no one was waiting for your row and if they were you could take another empty seat, I rode the runaway train twice in a row without having to walk around. I really enjoyed this event and would do it again. This is a great opportunity for people with limit time and limited patience LOL! It is a good deal instead of using a full day ticket for &p-2a but again at the $75 price. Only time will tell if they keep this going thru the summer and fall. I think if they advertise more they could get more tickets to meet their bottom line and still make a profit, just my 2 cents worth. The night I was there I would estimate about 1000-1200 people maybe. Double that and it would still not be crowded.

Thanks for taking the time to report your experience here. I hope they got Seven Dwarfs running again soon, as I'm sure many people were hoping to ride that ride a few times with no line when they booked this experience.

When this first came out I had the same reaction a lot of folks did " are they nuts, no way this is worth $149, I will never do it, it is a money grab ,etc ,etc ! But I am a AP and they offered $75 dollars for us and one of the dates coincided with dates I was going to be in the area. I do not usually get to the parks until later in the day anyway because frankly I am not a morning person, I usually work 7p-7a so I am a night person. So I decided to try this after the review on the podcast and Pete seemed pretty psyched about it. I think Pete is right they have found their price point at $75, I would not pay $149 or even $100 because I just could not justify that amount of money for three hours. However, my AP has blackout dates and I do have some leftover never expiring tickets that I could use if I absolutely had to go during blackout times but if this was offered I would take advantage of this again especially since you can get in at 7pm.
I arrived about 8p the park closed at 11p that night. I got something to eat first and then I wandered around until the castle show started watched that and the fireworks from the lawn area in front of Casey's. Then I am afraid I did not really use my time wisely because I did the Pirates and then waited for the MSEP to get around to that area then watched that and by then it was after 1130. From there I did Splash, the Runaway Train and the Haunted Mansion in quick order. The Country Bear and Pirates were also open but I passed on that. I then got a drink and an ice cream and hit Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan (Small World was open) and then tried to go on SWMT but they were having problems. Then I really messed up because I did Mickey's Philharmonic because it was supposed to start in ten minutes but of course with the pre show and all it probably ate about 30 mins time ( I know dumb,dumb, dumb) Well by then it was after 1am so I hit the cars and Space mountain, both of which I had not done in years due to the lines. Space mountain was as great as I remember. Then I had time for Buzz Lightyear and it was 2a. I could have done a lot more had I thought it out but live and learn. But the event itself was great no lines, no heat and happy CMs. I was surprised at the amount of younger children out at that time (5-10yr old) but they were no screaming children or adults LOL! You could ride the attractions again without getting off if no one was waiting for your row and if they were you could take another empty seat, I rode the runaway train twice in a row without having to walk around. I really enjoyed this event and would do it again. This is a great opportunity for people with limit time and limited patience LOL! It is a good deal instead of using a full day ticket for &p-2a but again at the $75 price. Only time will tell if they keep this going thru the summer and fall. I think if they advertise more they could get more tickets to meet their bottom line and still make a profit, just my 2 cents worth. The night I was there I would estimate about 1000-1200 people maybe. Double that and it would still not be crowded.
For future reference, if they do schedule more, you can get in at 4:00 :)

Isn't that just for the Halloween and Christmas parties? I thought this ticket was 7:00 pm.
Nope, for this event also. Just like the Parties, the time says 7:00 but the gates are open and you can get your credentials at 4:00
Even their survey sent after the event, when it asks what time did you arrive, shows times in 30 min increments, starting at 4:00

There have been numerous reports of people entering the Magic Kingdom for Disney After Dark as early as 4 pm.
Yes, the 4:00 entry time is as official as the 4:00 entry time for the parties.
We are some who did enter shortly after 4:00. CM were out giving out to scan your ticket and provide credentials for the party

We were there on the day that this was scheduled. Listening to the workers this did not sell well. They were even passing out free tickets to this. I was next to a person at customer service who paid full price and was complaining because of they were giving out free passes

Nope, for this event also. Just like the Parties, the time says 7:00 but the gates are open and you can get your credentials at 4:00
Even their survey sent after the event, when it asks what time did you arrive, shows times in 30 min increments, starting at 4:00

This is good to know. I also thought it was 7pm, strictly enforced. I would absolutely pay for DAH @ $75 a ticket for this. Maybe a little more.

Our family of 4 did it on May 5 at the AP rate of $75 pp. We had a blast and did everything we wanted. It freed up other days to do other things like Gin Blossoms concert at Epcot! We wouldn't have paid full price but we liked the experience and would do it again. Jungle Cruise at midnight was a hoot. Pat was THE creepiest CM ever at Haunted Mansion. We had ice cream for dinner that night. I never thought we would ever do this and yet here we are.

Our family of 4 did it on May 5 at the AP rate of $75 pp. We had a blast and did everything we wanted. It freed up other days to do other things like Gin Blossoms concert at Epcot! We wouldn't have paid full price but we liked the experience and would do it again. Jungle Cruise at midnight was a hoot. Pat was THE creepiest CM ever at Haunted Mansion. We had ice cream for dinner that night. I never thought we would ever do this and yet here we are.
I wonder if he was working again on the 8th. We had one that night that was the freakiest I've ever seen.
He just stood at the door staring, not moving a muscle. When the lights went out he moved and when they came back on he was just standing against the wall starring at it. He had zero emotion on his face.

Yes! Almost bald and on the tall side. The way he was standing still and not flinching or moving a muscle. Just creeped my kids right out. We loved him.

I also did this on May 5th. Was worth it for me because I had Dumbo all to myself for multiple rides! I was amazed that someone in front of me in the Anna and Elsa line said she had a hard time getting in at 10 because of the crowds leaving. She had no idea she could have entered at 7 with her ticket. Only waited 5 minutes to see both sets of princesses. And how great that as soon as we got off SDMT you could get right back in line without even leaving the building!

It was all fun and games until Splash Mountain stopped while I was on one of the inclines. I was the only person in my log, and there wasn't another person in sight. The logs in front of me and behind me were empty, so it was a long 15 minutes! When it stopped a second time, I could see a couple about 3 logs ahead. We chatted across the room, lol!

I would do it again if it is offered in September. I would rather pay the $75 for this than one of the dessert parties. Oh, yeah, I loved the cast members manning the carts - "You can have one of everything if you want!" - is how they were pushing the ice cream.

I went May 12. I'm a planner by nature, so I went with my mom (an annual passholder who didn't have an After Hours ticket) and arrived at 4:30. We went on the railroad and "it's a small world", had dinner at the Skipper Canteen, and then used Fast passes for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. We watched the electrical parade together and she left while I waited for the After Hours event to start and picked up some of the less popular attractions in Tomorrowland.

I managed to cover 12 different attractions from 11pm to 2am: Astro Orbitor, Space Mountain, the speedway, Winnie the Pooh, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and the Tiki Room. I could have gone on any of these multiple times, but frankly I was more interested in trying to cover a broad selection of things.

I thought that the price was reasonable for what I got. I effectively saw everything I wanted in the Magic Kingdom in a stress-free and comfortable way. I was there for about 10 hours, but since much of it was at night I didn't find it particularly fatiguing. That said, I didn't have a multiday ticket, so being able to tour the entire Magic Kingdom in a single day was price-effective for me.

I don't think I do it again by myself, but if I had family in town I would definitely consider doing it again with them.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I think I would do this if it was $100 or less. I will admit I was on the bandwagon of "why would I pay to spend a few extra hours", but after reading everyone's experiences I think that Disney have the right idea on the event but not so much the pricing. I would expect a lot more then drinks and ice cream for $150. Maybe an exclusive souviner or goody bag or rare characters that you don't see anywhere else like Robin Hood or Dumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter