Okay here's our rough schedule for WDW

Travel Mum

DIS Veteran
I know this is still ages away but, as I'm such an anal planner, of course I have a rough schedule mapped out! Also I have actually already booked/deposited for our cruise. Originally the reason for this trip was all about giving our youngest daughter a Disneyland experience (she was only 18 mths when we last visited Disneyland so has no memory of it) but going to WDW instead, as a change for hubby and I. Then I thought that, since we'd be in Florida, we should tack on a 3 or 4 night cruise at the end - however that would be added last minute.

Ironically, it's all changed the order of planning now because, once I saw that we could cruise on the mega-liner Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral (and my daughters' first ice-skating experience will be a sea!), I got very distracted from Disney. Therefore the cruise is the first thing booked :rotfl:

We are unfortunately limited in time that we can be away because it will be my oldest daughter's first year of high school and I feel I can only take her out for a week so we will have that plus the two week school holiday. Oh by the way, we will be 2 adults and 3 children aged 13, 10 and 6 (nearly 7). So here goes:

Sat 01 Oct
- Fly Wellington/Auckland/Los Angeles/ Orlando
- Transfer by Disney's Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside for 7 nights (cause their rooms sleep 5)

Sun 02 Oct
- A Relaxing day at the hotel plus visit Downtown Disney

Mon 03 Oct
- Magic Kingdom

Tue 04 Oct
- Hollywood Studios

Wed 05 Oct
- Rest Day and/or one of the Disney Water Parks

Thu 06 Oct
- Animal Kingdom

Fri 07 Oct
- Epcot

Sat 08 Oct
- Check out of POR, pick up rental car, check in to an off-site resort for 7 nights

Sun 09 Oct

Mon 10 Oct
- Universal

Tues 11 Oct
- IOA

Wed 12 Oct

Thu 13 Oct
- Sea World

Fri 14 Oct
- Rest Day or one of the Disney Water Parks or re-visit Magic Kingdom

Sat 15 Oct
- Check out of hotel and drive to Cape Canaveral
- Visit Kennedy Space Centre
- Stay overnight in a hotel near the port

Sun 16 Oct
- Board Freedom of the Seas for our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise

Sun 23 Oct
- Arrive back to Port Canaveral
- Transfer to Orlando airport
- Fly Orlando/Los Angeles/Auckland/Wellington

Tues 25 Oct- Arrive Wellington

I know it sounds really full on and somewhat exhausting but I don't want to go all that way, spend the fortune it's going to cost, and feel like we'd missed anything major. We love cruising and I'm banking on those 7 days at the end being very relaxing to make up for our busy two weeks. What do you "downunder" WDW experts think of the schedule?

I'm not at all set on which parks we visit on our park days and figure I will need to know park schedules and crowd attendance stats before that is finalised. I also want to do MNSSHP one night while we are there but I'm happy to drive in for that during the second week we are staying offsite.

Look forward to hearing any of your thoughts/suggestions/experience.

Many thanks :flower3:

TravelMum - It's probably me but can you confirm your travel dates? The 1st October - is this a Friday or a Saturday? And are you talking 2010 or 2011?

Hi Princess in Oz, it's 2011 (so a long way away and everyone else I know, except it seems the people on here, think I'm very strange starting to plan this far in advance ;) ) so the 1st is a Saturday.

Mmm.. I am feeling better but I think I lost a couple of brain cells over the last 2 weeks. I could have worked the date out from your ticker :laughing:

Your rough plans look great. The only thing I would say is that based on this year's schedule, Fantasmic currently only plays on Sunday and Thursday nights. Assuming that the schedule is roughly the same next year and that you want to see Fantasmic, you might want to consider getting to HS on either night.

And Epcot is opened a bit later on a Wednesday night.

As you're staying on site for the first week, you might also have a look at this year's schedule to see if you could take advantage of either the am or pm EMH? I'd say that there is a high likelihood that these may be the same next year....they are the same as 5 years ago.

And in the second week, if you were looking for a water park...have you considered Wet n Wild?

I know it is very expensive, but everyone that I spoke to...from locals to Americans from other states said that Discovery Cove was worth the money.

I know this is still ages away but, as I'm such an anal planner, of course I have a rough schedule mapped out! Also I have actually already booked/deposited for our cruise. Originally the reason for this trip was all about giving our youngest daughter a Disneyland experience (she was only 18 mths when we last visited Disneyland so has no memory of it) but going to WDW instead, as a change for hubby and I. Then I thought that, since we'd be in Florida, we should tack on a 3 or 4 night cruise at the end - however that would be added last minute.

Ironically, it's all changed the order of planning now because, once I saw that we could cruise on the mega-liner Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral (and my daughters' first ice-skating experience will be a sea!), I got very distracted from Disney. Therefore the cruise is the first thing booked :rotfl:

We are unfortunately limited in time that we can be away because it will be my oldest daughter's first year of high school and I feel I can only take her out for a week so we will have that plus the two week school holiday. Oh by the way, we will be 2 adults and 3 children aged 13, 10 and 6 (nearly 7). So here goes:

Sat 01 Oct
- Transfer by Disney's Magical Express to Port Orleans Riverside for 7 nights (cause their rooms sleep 5)

Sun 02 Oct

Mon 03 Oct
- Magic Kingdom

Tue 04 Oct
- Hollywood Studios

Wed 05 Oct

Thu 06 Oct
- Animal Kingdom

Fri 07 Oct
- Epcot

Sat 08 Oct
- Check out of POR, pick up rental car, check in to an off-site resort for 7 nights

Sun 09 Oct

Mon 10 Oct
- Universal

Tues 11 Oct
- IOA

Wed 12 Oct

Thu 13 Oct
- Sea World

Fri 14 Oct

Sat 15 Oct

Sun 16 Oct

Sun 23 Oct

I know it sounds really full on and somewhat exhausting but I don't want to go all that way, spend the fortune it's going to cost, and feel like we'd missed anything major. We love cruising and I'm banking on those 7 days at the end being very relaxing to make up for our busy two weeks. What do you "downunder" WDW experts think of the schedule?

I'm not at all set on which parks we visit on our park days and figure I will need to know park schedules and crowd attendance stats before that is finalised. I also want to do MNSSHP one night while we are there but I'm happy to drive in for that during the second week we are staying offsite.

Looks great :cool1: What an exciting holiday you have planned. You can always update your daily plan once the park hours are released for that time of year and once your ADR's are organised if you are making any.

Tour Guide Mike is great too for giving you the best days to go to each parks. :thumbsup2

Sat 01 Oct

Sun 02 Oct

Mon 03 Oct
- Magic Kingdom

Tue 04 Oct
- Hollywood Studios

Wed 05 Oct

Thu 06 Oct
- Animal Kingdom

Fri 07 Oct
- Epcot

Sat 08 Oct

Sun 09 Oct

Mon 10 Oct
- Universal

Tues 11 Oct
- IOA

Wed 12 Oct

Thu 13 Oct
- Sea World

Fri 14 Oct

Sat 15 Oct

Sun 16 Oct

Sun 23 Oct

You will need at least 2 days for universal as they have 2 parks plus Harry Potter is opening there. We are going for 8 nights in sept and will have an exhausting schedule too always sleep we we get home

You will need at least 2 days for universal as they have 2 parks plus Harry Potter is opening there. We are going for 8 nights in sept and will have an exhausting schedule too always sleep we we get home

Day 2 lose the relaxing day also In my view seaworld is not that great (*went there 20 years ago) not much different to seaworld here. There is another day for Universal

As you're staying on site for the first week, you might also have a look at this year's schedule to see if you could take advantage of either the am or pm EMH? I'd say that there is a high likelihood that these may be the same next year....they are the same as 5 years ago.

And in the second week, if you were looking for a water park...have you considered Wet n Wild?

I know it is very expensive, but everyone that I spoke to...from locals to Americans from other states said that Discovery Cove was worth the money.

Thanks for looking it over Princess in Oz - it's really helpful to have some one who's been give me their opinion as its really hard to totally imagine if what looks okay on paper is actually doable!

In terms of EMH, I'm so confused after reading lots of posts about it, as to whether or not it works out better or worse? It sounds like it makes the parks so much busier when its an EMH day - what do you think? :confused3

Why I say "and/or a Disney Water park" several times on the schedule is because I thought we'd add "Waterparks and more" to our passes and so, even if we don't go to one that first week that we are onsite, as the passes are valid 14 days, we could still drive back to them in our off-site week, expecially as I think I read somewhere that you don't need to pay for parking at either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. I don't really have a concept of the distances though so I'm not sure if that is actually practical. I don't know much about Wet n Wild (but will look into it if you think it's better than the Disney water parks) but, presuming our off site accommodation is closer to Universal and Sea World than Disney perhaps it would make more sense? Unfortunately I already know Discovery Cove is too expensive for us :sad2: However, we will be experiencing so many new parks, I'm actually okay about that.

Epcot is not always open later on Wednesday nights, it does change.

In September this year, aside from the last Wednesday of the month, evening EMH are on a Friday at Epcot :thumbsup2

Thanks for looking over it Aussietravellers - what has your experience been with EMH? I've used Magic Mornings at Disneyland before which is great to get around the Fantasyland rides but it sounds like 1000's of people have access to EMH at WDW so does it make the parks worse rather than better?

Thanks for looking it over Princess in Oz - it's really helpful to have some one who's been give me their opinion as its really hard to totally imagine if what looks okay on paper is actually doable!

In terms of EMH, I'm so confused after reading lots of posts about it, as to whether or not it works out better or worse? It sounds like it makes the parks so much busier when its an EMH day - what do you think? :confused3

Why I say "and/or a Disney Water park" several times on the schedule is because I thought we'd add "Waterparks and more" to our passes and so, even if we don't go to one that first week that we are onsite, as the passes are valid 14 days, we could still drive back to them in our off-site week, expecially as I think I read somewhere that you don't need to pay for parking at either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. I don't really have a concept of the distances though so I'm not sure if that is actually practical. I don't know much about Wet n Wild (but will look into it if you think it's better than the Disney water parks) but, presuming our off site accommodation is closer to Universal and Sea World than Disney perhaps it would make more sense? Unfortunately I already know Discovery Cove is too expensive for us :sad2: However, we will be experiencing so many new parks, I'm actually okay about that.

I've done Magic Mornings at DisneyLAND and they were okay.

We had planned to do am EMH at DisneyWORLD but it never worked out for us. We did 2 pm EMH - one at MK and the other at AK. Both were fantastic. We were at MK until midnight and by about 11 pm, the crowds disappeared and we were able to walk on any ride we wanted (POTC, Space Mountain, BTRRM, SmallWorld) with the exception of the Peter Pan ride, which was still a 50 minute wait. But I had saved fastpasses for PP from earlier in the day and this wasn't a problem.
AK was even better - EMH was available between 5 - 8 pm. We pretty much walked onto Kali 2 or 3 times (remember we went in May) and Everest 3 times - no queues. We also went straight into It's a Bug's Life and pretty much all the rides in DinoLand as well.

I know that there's chat about the parks being busier on a EMH day - but in May I didn't see any evidence to support this.

The Water park option adds $$ (I think it's about $50 per person??) and unless you know for sure that you're going to use all the days for the Water Park, you might be better off buying individual entry for the park.

Thanks Gregpso, but the day after Universal is scheduled to be visiting Islands of Adventure for Harry Potter so that means we will be having two days for Universal parks - or do you mean that we need 2 days to cover Universal plus a day for Islands of Adventure?

Sounds like I can count Seaworld as a relaxing day if you don't think there is much to see there. We still want to go because our girls have never seen Orca before and we've only visited Sea World Gold Coast once a few years ago so our two youngest have no memory of dolphins or sea lions either.

That's an interesting point about Day 2 because I'm just so unsure how we will feel after travelling all that way and therefore I'm a bit nervous to schedule a park for that day. We won't arrive until the Saturday night and will have been travelling for about 24 hours by the time we get there so we will be so jet-lagged!

Thanks for looking over it Aussietravellers - what has your experience been with EMH? I've used Magic Mornings at Disneyland before which is great to get around the Fantasyland rides but it sounds like 1000's of people have access to EMH at WDW so does it make the parks worse rather than better?

I think that EMH do make the park busier particularly the evening EMH's although I do like the morning EMH on occasion. You have so much time to research parks and days which will be busier and quieter. I have put a lot of time into researching what parks are supposed to be busier or quieter on which days and have joined Tour Guide Mike for this trip to help with that and he seems to have great advise and does change his recommendations from time to time as Disney changes their schedule. Although I have to say last time we were at WDW, we just went on whichever day suited us and around our ADR's and never had a problem and we were there for three weeks.

October at Epcot is supposed to be busy with the Food and Wine Festival so partlicularly the first few days of October when it begins apparantly it is crazy busy.

We have quite a few days in our trip that we have classed as Waterpark/Resort Pool/Shopping days and we will just work out what we want to do on those days depending on weather etc so I think they are a great idea. It's good to have a little bit of time to just wing it if you wish.

Things can change too when different things are released, like this time we changed dates because of food and wine festival starting and also with the Halloween party dates and also just as we were about to make our ADR's we had to make a change with Wishes not being on every night we had to rearrange one of our Magic Kingdom days to fit that it.

So I think you really have a great start and when park hours are released with dates of different things you want to go to (if you do) then you can change a day around if you need to. I don't think that EMH's are the best thing. I would sooner be at an alternative park and be there on opening as you can often get a lot done in the mornings from opening before it starts getting busier late morning.

Oh, for your Kennedy Space Center day, check their schedule to see if there is a rocket or shuttle launch during your trip. We miss one in September by a few days this year :sad1:

But we were lucky enough on our last trip to have a rocket launch during our trip so we planned at the last minute (like a couple of days before as the date can change) and went on that day. It was amazing! To be there watching the rocket, knowing that was heading off into space. My son was taken out of school for the trip and they were studying space at the time so it was an amazing video for him to take back to school and showing his class the launch.

Day 2 lose the relaxing day also In my view seaworld is not that great (*went there 20 years ago) not much different to seaworld here. There is another day for Universal
Based on 20 years ago?
Seaworld in Orlando is bigger and wonderful!!! And in terms of 'here' if you are talking about in Oz (although the OP is in NZ)..while I love the Polar bears in the Gold Coast, Orlando is great and VERY different. And as for San Diego. There are pros and cons with each. I like both of them but would probably pick Orlando over San Diego.
It is not somewhere I would go to every trip...but you must go at least once.

I wouldn't allocate 2 days to Universal. Go to IOA and have a look at Harry Potter. But seriously...I did (before WWOHP) IOA AND Universal Studios in 1 day. We had a 2 day ticket and didn't go back for the extra day as we were done.

So how many days ticket are you getting?
I count 4 and maybe 5.
Base Ticket for 5 days is $228. Making it 10 is $243. [280 and 295 for hoppers] Plus add on etc.

If you are staying in the area I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 10 day. You can pop in one night for emh. Even that first 'relax' day you can go in for a relax look around day.
I agree that $$ all add up but it is worth considering. Especially if you are dealing with limited Fantasmic showings etc. Plus if you are dining etc.

I'm not sure of the crowds in the water parks in October but you can also always do WP in the morning and park at night. I loved the Water Parks. BB is my fav. They are unique water parks.:cool1::thumbsup2
I would say to an Aussie that our QLD waterparks have the 'fancier' newer rides so you are better going there than going to Wet and Wild in Orlando. Personally I don't think Wet and Wild in Orlando is worth the visit.
You have limited time so Disney and their unique attractions and attention to detail should be your focus. :goodvibes

This is why you are NOT looking too early. It is better knowing your priorities early on. Can I come :cloud9: :rotfl2:

:yay: Have fun with the planning :woohoo:

We won't arrive until the Saturday night and will have been travelling for about 24 hours by the time we get there so we will be so jet-lagged!

You may be surprised, often you don't get too jetlagged on the way over. The great thing about arriving at night is that you will arrive (exhausted) have some dinner if you haven't had any and then go to bed early. You will then have a full nights sleep and wake up fresh in the morning ready and raring to go. But there is no reason why you couldn't keep that first day as a rest/pool/explore DTD day (even go to Disney Quest) if you like and if you wake up and all feel great then make it your MK day.

Based on 20 years ago?
Seaworld in Orlando is bigger and wonderful!!! And in terms of 'here' if you are talking about in Oz (although the OP is in NZ)..while I love the Polar bears in the Gold Coast, Orlando is great and VERY different. And as for San Diego. There are pros and cons with each. I like both of them but would probably pick Orlando over San Diego.
It is not somewhere I would go to every trip...but you must go at least once.

Totally agree with this! Sea World in Orlando is very very different to Sea World on the Gold Coast

So how many days ticket are you getting?
I count 4 and maybe 5.
Base Ticket for 5 days is $228. Making it 10 is $243. [280 and 295 for hoppers] Plus add on etc.

If you are staying in the area I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 10 day. You can pop in one night for emh. Even that first 'relax' day you can go in for a relax look around day.
I agree that $$ all add up but it is worth considering. Especially if you are dealing with limited Fantasmic showings etc. Plus if you are dining etc.

I agree with this too, I think the 10 day is better value, but OP if you decide you need more days you can upgrade your tickets when you are there if you feel that a 5 day ticket is not enough and you can do it daily up to 10 days if you like :thumbsup2

I'm not sure of the crowds in the water parks in October but you can also always do WP in the morning and park at night.

Great suggestion! We do this as we get to the waterpark on opening, then leave mid/late afternoon, have dinner at a park or go to a park after.

I loved the Water Parks. BB is my fav. They are unique water parks.:cool1::thumbsup2
I would say to an Aussie that our QLD waterparks have the 'fancier' newer rides so you are better going there than going to Wet and Wild in Orlando. Personally I don't think Wet and Wild in Orlando is worth the visit.
You have limited time so Disney and their unique attractions and attention to detail should be your focus. :goodvibes

This is why you are NOT looking too early. It is better knowing your priorities early on. Can I come :cloud9: :rotfl2:

:yay: Have fun with the planning :woohoo:

Great suggestions from Queenie

Oh Queenie and Aussie Travellers, thank you soooooo much for all your helpful advice! I really appreciate it and it's fantastic of you. It's given me lots to think about and I'm going to take the time tomorrow to read it all again but just now, need to settle down on the couch and watch the finale of Lost with DH :goodvibes

Yes, although I've only got one day planned for each of the four Disney parks, I had assumed we'd get a 5-day Park Hopper plus Water-parks etc so that we had another park day up our sleeves and could use the Disney water parks. We have been watching all the great videos on the Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon websites and my 12 year old is so keen to try Summit Plummet! Also, I'd never even realised what Disney Quest was until I looked on the website and I actually think my DH would enjoy it as would our daughters. I thought that maybe we would go to Downtown Disney (by boat presuming we are staying at POR) on that first day to look around, start feeling the magic and visit Disney Quest. However, that is very interesting to hear that we may not be as jet-lagged as I'd thought so maybe we'd be okay to visit a park. Therefore your suggestions of getting a 10-day pass are well worth considering. I had begun to wonder if there was actually any point getting a Park Hopper (I'm just in the habit of having one at Disneyland) but the idea of a water park in the morning and then perhaps over to a park late afternoon to catch the evening activities sounds a great option to have. I'm just really unsure of how much my family will physically be able to take each park day , expecially our youngest!

I never intended to time our trip for the Epcot Food and Wine festival so that's a shame that it will make it a busier time. Can't do anything about that now though so will just have to plan around it and use all available resources to try and figure out which park will be best for each day. I am thrilled to be there at the time MNSSHP will be on though, as I've never done that before. We do trick or treat now here in N.Z. but it's not the same as when I would do it as a child living in the U.S. - it's not even dark here! It will be great for my girls to experience an American Halloween :)

How amazing that would be to be in Orlando when a rocket is launched at the Kennedy Space Centre! Gosh, I'd have one happy DH if I managed to schedule that into our itinerary (the scary cost of this trip might go down a bit easier) :thumbsup2 Does anyone know how far in advance they post their launch dates?

By the way, the plan to move offsite for the second week is so that we can have a week in a Two-Bedroom type place giving us all a bit more space. Seven nights squeezed into one room at POR with my youngest on a trundle bed will be a challenge but I'm counting on the presumption that we'll hardly ever be in our rooms that week and we'll be so exhausted in the evenings, we'll all fall straight to sleep ;) - do you think this is right? We then will go onto the cruise ship where, whilst we will have two interconnecting cabins, we'll have two children with us in our cabin and our third child will be in the connecting cabin with my in-laws (meeting us to do the cruise as well as my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece). Plus we need to move offsite so that we can have a week of our U.S. holiday where we can have opportunity to have our U.S. junk food fix and eat at Taco Bell etc :rotfl:

By the way, we will have a rental car that second offsite week, but do you think it would be better to have it while we were staying onsite too? I'm so confused about the Disney transportation system - as to whether its good or not! I certainly love the idea of arriving from the airport by Magical Express and one of the benefits of staying onsite is having the use of the transportation system (should technically be more relaxing than driving/finding a park etc) but then I read of people having cars and driving to the parks even if they are staying onsite ??

Thanks so much for all of your advice and encouragement - I'm so pleased I posted :)

Yes, although I've only got one day planned for each of the four Disney parks, I had assumed we'd get a 5-day Park Hopper plus Water-parks etc so that we had another park day up our sleeves and could use the Disney water parks. We have been watching all the great videos on the Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon websites and my 12 year old is so keen to try Summit Plummet! Also, I'd never even realised what Disney Quest was until I looked on the website and I actually think my DH would enjoy it as would our daughters. I thought that maybe we would go to Downtown Disney (by boat presuming we are staying at POR) on that first day to look around, start feeling the magic and visit Disney Quest. However, that is very interesting to hear that we may not be as jet-lagged as I'd thought so maybe we'd be okay to visit a park. Therefore your suggestions of getting a 10-day pass are well worth considering. I had begun to wonder if there was actually any point getting a Park Hopper (I'm just in the habit of having one at Disneyland) but the idea of a water park in the morning and then perhaps over to a park late afternoon to catch the evening activities sounds a great option to have. I'm just really unsure of how much my family will physically be able to take each park day , expecially our youngest!

We've never been jetlagged going or coming back from the US; but everyone is different. We have done a 10 day park hopper ticket for both times that we've been in Orlando. For the extra money it costs to buy the 10 day ticket, it certainly is cost effective and it gives you the flexibility to come and go when you want. And it also provides you with the option to go to a different park in the same day if the park that you're at is much busier than anticipated. We've never yet made it to a water park - usually we are too busy enjoying the Parks or using the pools at our hotels. Definitely going to add water parks for the next trip :rotfl2: And our strategy was to hit the parks early, leave mid afternoon for a rest (when the parks were usually at their busiest) and then come back out again at night.

I never intended to time our trip for the Epcot Food and Wine festival so that's a shame that it will make it a busier time. Can't do anything about that now though so will just have to plan around it and use all available resources to try and figure out which park will be best for each day. I am thrilled to be there at the time MNSSHP will be on though, as I've never done that before. We do trick or treat now here in N.Z. but it's not the same as when I would do it as a child living in the U.S. - it's not even dark here! It will be great for my girls to experience an American Halloween :)

I'm envious. I've been reading some TRs on the recent F&W in DLR recently and would LOVE to be able to go to Epcot or DLR for F&W. You'll just have to take lots of food porn. And Halloween is HUGE in the US; so your kids will probably have a ball.

How amazing that would be to be in Orlando when a rocket is launched at the Kennedy Space Centre! Gosh, I'd have one happy DH if I managed to schedule that into our itinerary (the scary cost of this trip might go down a bit easier) :thumbsup2 Does anyone know how far in advance they post their launch dates?

I think they post 3 - 6 months in advance. And you can sign up for newsletters...
http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events-launches.aspx

By the way, the plan to move offsite for the second week is so that we can have a week in a Two-Bedroom type place giving us all a bit more space.

Good plan, if you want the extra space.

Seven nights squeezed into one room at POR with my youngest on a trundle bed will be a challenge but I'm counting on the presumption that we'll hardly ever be in our rooms that week and we'll be so exhausted in the evenings, we'll all fall straight to sleep ;) - do you think this is right?

Yes, a pretty good assumption. And remember that the resorts in Orlando usually also have an arcade room, pool and SHOP that you can go to. The deluxe accommodations also have a gym. If you are at POR, 5 people in the one room could be a challenge after 7 nights, depending on whether your kids fight or not. We had 3 of us in the room and I think there was more than ample space for us. I'd be tempted to ask DVCAustralia more questions about renting points for a DVC 1 or 2 bedroom place.

We then will go onto the cruise ship where, whilst we will have two interconnecting cabins, we'll have two children with us in our cabin and our third child will be in the connecting cabin with my in-laws (meeting us to do the cruise as well as my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece). Plus we need to move offsite so that we can have a week of our U.S. holiday where we can have opportunity to have our U.S. junk food fix and eat at Taco Bell etc :rotfl:

I don't think this will be a problem. You'll get a lot of junk food at the parks; just not the big chains. popcorn::

By the way, we will have a rental car that second offsite week, but do you think it would be better to have it while we were staying onsite too?

This will come down to a cost decision. We had a rental car for the first week, and had thought we would hand it back when we moved from POR to BCV. We ended up extending the car hire for the second week as well. The car just gave us the additional flexibility to come and go when we wanted.

I'm so confused about the Disney transportation system - as to whether its good or not! I certainly love the idea of arriving from the airport by Magical Express and one of the benefits of staying onsite is having the use of the transportation system (should technically be more relaxing than driving/finding a park etc) but then I read of people having cars and driving to the parks even if they are staying onsite ??

We did a mix of using the Disney transportation system and also driving ourselves. I got sick on holiday and by the time 2 pm came round, I was ready to crash! So, staying on site actually worked for us as it meant that I could head back and the rest of the family could decide what they wanted to do. Sometimes they came back with me; other times they stayed. I used the buses to get back to the resort on most days; and I waited about 10 - 15 minutes for the right bus (on average). Strangely, we didn't find the bus transportation as convenient at BCV as it was at POR; but I guess they thought that we could walk to Epcot and take the monorail to MK; and take the boat the HS.
We used ME for our departure and it was fantastically convenient!

Thanks so much for all of your advice and encouragement - I'm so pleased I posted :)

I'm happy to live vicariously through everyone else's holiday. My opinions are in blue. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter