• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK--How bad are the low-carb breakfast options at EP resorts really?

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
We've only done the GF in the past (love Gasparillas!), but want to try an EPCOT resort since we just love the park and it would save us a few dollars. I keep reading about the lack of quick service breakfast options other than muffins and the like. I have no problem having a yogurt or pastry for breakfast once or twice a week, but I just can't do it every day, and neither can my kids. I just want a scrambled egg (no toast) and a cup of tea, and my kids love egg sandwiches. Is it true that between three deluxe resorts there isn't an egg to be had in the a.m.? I read that you can walk over to France for breakfast, but they open at 9, yes?, and that's time I'd rather be getting in line for a ride, etc. I guess my question is: if breakfast is really as limited as it seems, which resort will give me the best/most options? We won't be able to order or travel with groceries (and cooking an egg in our room is not an option, anyway), so that's not a feasible option, either. Thanks in advance!

I'm interested to see opinions..I've stayed at BC many times and recall many options for QS breakfast. And I am not a croissant/muffin person. France is an option, but by the time you walk all that way if you're planning on bringing it back to the room it'll be cold! Or you could always do room service basic scrambled eggs or whatnot. We actually really enjoy doing that. Hubby and I split at large breakfast platter which is more than enough for two, and the kids get mickey waffles or whatever, plenty of coffee and we are ready for the day.

Now that the Boardwalk Bakery has been expanded I noticed a lot more options other than sweets. Also, BCV has hot options as well. Not sure about France. Does France open before the rest of World Showcase?

Dolphin (EP Resort) is quite close, short walk or the boat goes directly there as well. Food Court if interested.

Picabu
Dolphin - Resort
Breakfast Menu

Menu Date: December 2014
Reader Rating:
6.1/10
View Reader Reviews | Share Your Review
Discounts Available:
-- AAA 20%
-- Disney Vacation Club 20%
Notes:
Open 24 hours

Pre-packaged Sandwiches, Salads, Desserts available in Refrigerator Cases

Grill Service Closing Time Seasonal

Breakfast 6:00-11:30 a.m.
(Sunday until noon)
(Other Items Also Served from Grill)

Breakfast
Bacon, Egg and Cheese - on Ciabatta served with potatoes $11.00

Corned Beef Hash - two eggs and toast, your way

Gluten-free $11.00

Omelette Any Style - served with potatoes and toast $12.50

Picabu Breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, lyonnaise-style potatoes, toast $12.00

Waffle - choice of toppings: wild berry sauce, spiced apples, banana caramel sauce, or chocolate hazelnut $7.50

Side Dishes
Bacon or Sausage $3.75

Bagel with Cream Cheese $2.75

Lyonnaise Potatoes $2.50

One Egg Any Style $4.00

Toast - white or wheat $2.50

Two Eggs Any Style $5.00

For Children Ages 3-9
Picabu Kids' Breakfast - one scrambled egg, one piece of bacon or sausage, lyonnaise-style potatoes, one slice of toast $6.00

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter