OK GUYS! I need advice for wedding night dinner??? HELP!

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
The night of our DW we are hosting an Illuninations dessert party so my fiance and I thought we would arrange dinner in Epcot after the wedding but before the dessert party. Now next week is 90 days out and I will be able to book but I can't decide on a place in Epcot. We are thinking Le Cellier in Canada or Coral Reef at the Liveing Seas. Any advice???

Wouldn't Le Cellier be a lot closer? If people will be dressed up, you don't want to have them walking very far.

Well, we can't wear our formal wear into Epcot so either way we have to change into more casual clothes. I am leaning towards Le Cellier because of the menu options. Coral Reef would be nice for the atmosphere but mot much of a selection if you are not into seafood. Have you ever been to Le Cellier?

Well, we can't wear our formal wear into Epcot so either way we have to change into more casual clothes. I am leaning towards Le Cellier because of the menu options. Coral Reef would be nice for the atmosphere but not much of a selection if you are not into seafood. Have you ever been to Le Cellier?

I haven't eaten at Coral Reef in quite a few years, but remember not being too fond of the menu. Have eaten at Le Cellier a few times in recent years and always liked it. The pretzel bread is delicious and most of the desserts are as well. A lot of things on the menu include cheese so if there are people in your party can't or don't eat it (like me) they may have a difficult time choosing from it. However, the atmosphere is very cozy and nice with dim lighting. The tables are pretty close together, but you may be able to request a more private area for your party (assuming they have one). I'd go with Le Cellier.

Le Cellier is a great choice. They have a good menu with a lot of variety. They also have fantastic staff, and one more than one trip we've been on handled a larger group with relative ease. We've been there in a group of 20 and a group of 12 and both times we finished our meal and could have been on our way in 90 minutes. We did, however, book those meals at less peak times. Maybe an early dinner, then a stroll over to your party location? You can always stop for a glass on wine in France after dinner if you have a little extra time.

Great Advice! I think it is going to be Le Cellier!! Thanks everyone for the input and helping me make this decision!

My Fiance and I just got back from EPCOT to research the available resturaunts for our rehearsal dinner. All of the people we spoke with at the various resturaunts were extremely helpful and said they would accomodate small parites in quieter locations. We ate at Alfredo's in Italy the night we were there and it was really good. A bit noisy but they have some seperate rooms to accomodate larger parties. The deserts were fantastic. We've selected the upstairs dining at in France (I can't remember the name of the resturaunt right now) It's very nice and has a great view. It's also one of the fanciest resturaunts in the park. It sounds like you've already made your selection but I hope this info helps and if you have any other questions let me know.

Hi All,
Once again, a road block with Disney. Now that it is 90 days out my fiance and I were in the process of booking our dining arrangements and it looks as though LeCellier for the night of the wedding can only accomodate our party of 15 adults and 2 kids at 4:10pm and 8:15 pm. We can't take the 8:15 because we have our Illuminations dessert party at 8ish and we can't take the 4:10 because then all my guests would have to use a day on their hopper passes which we were trying to avoid. Epcot won't let us in earlier for dinner before the Illuminations dessert party. You would think with all of the money we are spending they would accomodate us and you also think that it being our wedding night they would be more helpful with planning our dinner :( I am happy that we are having a disney wedding and I am sure it will be lovely but the planning has been one dead end after another because disney has all sorts of little rules and clauses. I know they need to have these but we waited 90 days out to book our dinner and now it is past the 90 day point and we still don't have wedding night dining arrangements and my coordinator really is'nt helping me at all. I am sure it will all come together I just needed to vent.

Some alternate choices that would not require park admission... What about Yacht Club Steakhouse? or Palios at the Swan? From either you could then catch a boat to EPCOT for your dessert party. You might also check with your Dessert Party planner. For what you would spend for dinner someplace else you may be able to add some heavy warm appetizers, or carved meat and a salad, even a small buffet, to eat before dessert. I believe they will charge you to set up tables, but for what you would pay for the group to eat in a restaurant you may be able to do something affordable in the same location as your party. Hope that helps!

I agree with ahutton, book something in the Epcot resort area. Both of her ideas are great. In addition, the Flying Fish has a small nook that would probably accomodate your party. People could park at one of the Epcot resorts for dinner and walk to Epcot for the fireworks.

Where is everyone staying? Perhaps you can book dinner there and then hop a bus to Epcot.

Lisa

I love both the Yachtsman and the Flying Fish. The Yachtsman has a great menu and is a little quieter than the Flying Fish but both serve some of the best food I've had on property. Then you can all walk together to the International Gateway entrance.

I do love Le Cellier as well but both of these would have been my preference over it.

I'm sorry that your plans have taken a wrong turn but I'm sure once you've booked somewhere everything will be back on track again.

I don't know why Disney have all these rules but in mind it "just isn't Disney" without them and that's why we all want to have that fairytale wedding there.

Good Luck and let us know

Thanks for all of your advice!!! My sister and I are looking into Yachtsmans steakhouse. I know it will all work out and I appreciate your ideas!!!

Hey Guys! I have great news!!! My dessert party event manager e-mails me today to let me know that he has upgraded my wedding night dessert party from Japan Terrace to UK Upper Level. I was so excited. Also we ended up booking Yachtman's Steakhouse for the wedding night dinner. Everything is starting to come together!!! Thanks for all of your help :)

We had the UK terrace area too! It was really lovely, and of course everyone was great...

My wife and I just got back from our Disney Wedding this weekend. We too had the Japan Terrace and the upgraded it to the UK Lower Terrace. I was so happy they did... the Upper Terrace is really nice as well.

We had our after wedding dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was absolutely spectacular!!! I spoke with Brad Cohen at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and they had custom menus made up for us. It had our names on it with our wedding date and we asked them to take off the prices so guests would be free to order as they pleased. The food was excellent and everyone really enjoyed the dinner!

After Yachtsman, we walked over to EPCOT at the International Gateway to meet our guide. It was about a 10 minute walk... everyone congratulated us on the way there. I just remember saying "thank you" over and over and over again! It was really cool.

But anyway, I highly recommend the Yachtsman, even if you have a Dessert Part at EPCOT later on. Everything worked perfectly for us!

DrKnow77,
Congrats on your recent marriage! It is so nice to hear that everything went so well. You have just reaffirmed all of my desicions and I appreciate that!!! I am looking forward to our big day. Congrats again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter