****OI Meetup**** -June 4-5, 2021

Well I am sure you all saw but yay for 2 more meetups!

Nov 19 & 20
Dec 3 & 4
Tickets on sale Monday 4/26 at 10 am EDT

We are so hoping to go for the November dates as we were already talking about a trip that exact weekend and early week before Thanksgiving. Now to double check finances and such, it'll be part of the kids Christmas presents! Anyone else thinking about going one of those new dates, if we can get tickets ;) ?
I am going to try for December 3rd and 4th.

I’m going to try for the November dates because we are already booked to be there that week. Hopefully, we can get tickets because I’ll be in the middle of a crown replacement.
Ouch and good luck on getting tickets! I really hope they don't sell out super quick like the last one! We were planning a trip then already so I figured why not try for another meetup!

I prefer the Nov dates to the Dec ones, but all of them are likely too close to Christmas for us to justify the cost. Since June will be our first meetup, I feel like I should wait until after we do this one to see if it's something we want to do again.
I understand that a lot. This will be part of my our Christmas for sure, well probably like 3/4 of it :p because it'll be pricey. We have AP's, so the only extra cost is the meetup tickets, since we already had to do a hotel and food cost for the trip we wanted to take. June is our first one, but I think I will def want to go back again! lol

I managed to get tickets during the middle of my procedure. My dentist thought I was crazy! I’m thrilled they added November and looking forward to our first meetup.
Awesome!!! We got tickets for Nov 19-20 and are staying at Royal Pacific, can't wait!!!

Any ideas of where the 6 Bonus Bite Zones will be for the June Meetup?
I think 3 in each park from my understanding, but they haven't said specifically where but will be special areas for meetup guests only.

I have December 3-4 Portifnio Bay.
Awesome! I really wanted Dec but it's just too hard with my kids performance schedules. I am hoping that the Nov will be amazing just the same for holiday stuff! I have never done USO at Christmas, so we are super excited about all the decorations etc. :D

Dd16 and I will be there Dec. 3. Already booked at Hard Rock for a few days that week. I am so glad they added dates to match our trip!
That is awesome when you already have a trip and get to add the meetup! That is kinda what happened for us with Nov, we were already looking at that weekend so when they added those, we said SOLD! lol One of you all should start a Dec 3/4 thread so you can join in conversations like this one, I think I am going to start one for Nov.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, June meetup, we have 34 days til we leave for our May 31-June 9 trip which means the meet up is just 38 days away!! WHOOHOOO! I am so excited and still waiting on some new announcements to come out about our upcoming trip. I am still finger and toe crossing we might get a surprise of VelociCoaster since they are doing AP rides in early May! Oh and I am still hoping hot butterbeer will be around LOL

Just announced for June:

As if there weren’t already enough to get excited about for our June Orlando Informer Meetup, we’ve decided to throw in a few exclusive perks to make your epic weekend even cooler. Get ready to beat the heat this summer with the addition of a nighttime water ride, extra ice cream surprises, and a never-before-sipped, OI-themed cocktail!

Experience Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls® after-hours
The only thing more fun than a water ride is a water ride at night. That’s why – for the first time ever – we’re adding Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls® to the 25+ attractions you can experience after the parks close to daytime guests!
This zany, action-packed romp takes you through the twists and turns of a classic cartoon, culminating with a 75-foot plunge into splash central. What better way is there to cool off on your moonlit trek through Universal’s Islands of Adventure?

Enjoy more frozen treats than ever before
Summer nights just got even sweeter – we’ve added an expanded selection of ice cream, popsicles, and sundaes for you to indulge in as part of our unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverage service throughout the evening.
Whether you’re looking for something frozen and fruity to devour after you take on your favorite thrill ride, or a creamy, cold creation to chill out with, our latest variety of treats is sure to fulfill your iciest dreams. You’ll be able to find multiple locations for these enticing extras across both parks, including Toon Lagoon.

Celebrate summer with the OIcean Attack
Cheers to yet another year of after-hours excitement and unforgettable adventures! For our 11th Orlando Informer Meetup, we’re offering a super-exclusive adult beverage that you will not find anywhere else: the OIcean Attack.
This newly invented cocktail is our own take on one of Universal Orlando’s most iconic and beloved concoctions, the Ocean Attack, and will be available for purchase in both parks. Commemorate your trip and treat yourself to a refreshing blend of dark rum, cherry brandy, ginger beer, strawberry, lime, and agave nectar. But watch out – it bites!

I can't wait for June!!! We're so excited! (Not necessarily about these perks, but just in general.)

Same! I mean more ice cream and a special drink, I am down lol the water ride, eh. I just not a big water ride fan, but my kids like them but we're more apt to ride early before we head back midday to rest. It's going to be here before we know it!

Exactly the conversation I just had with DH! Ha! We like them during the day when it's hot, but after I've rested up and put on dry shoes it's a no for me dawg. I hate walking around in wet shoes/clothes. But I may do it once just to see what it's like at night. We'll see. Maybe if I have enough of those special drinks first. ;)

So it looks like TM's got to ride VelociCoaster today! The pics look awesome for sure! I am still hoping maybe we'll get a sneak peak, I mean they may not tell us until check in hah, how awesome would that be??? I am glad to be going back in November, so hopefully we'll get to ride then, depending on how they do the queue line.

So it looks like TM's got to ride VelociCoaster today! The pics look awesome for sure! I am still hoping maybe we'll get a sneak peak, I mean they may not tell us until check in hah, how awesome would that be??? I am glad to be going back in November, so hopefully we'll get to ride then, depending on how they do the queue line.

I am also hoping for a secret sneak peek. Like maybe OI can't gurantee it will happen so they won't list it as an official perk, but perhaps there's still a chance! Ha!

If they do a sneak peek the rest of the parks will be empty! I wouldn't mind that.

I decided last night that I should have listened to my inner voice and booked both nights of the meet up in June. I did both nights with my daughter in December 2019 and we had a great time being able to come back the next day to try things we missed, but I knew it would be a tough sell to get my husband to agree for the 4 of us. I emailed OI last night to be added to the waitlist for Saturday. Fingers crossed!

@Darrah lol I mean that would be an awesome perk! I am on the text list that Taylor sends out and he just sent a pic of him riding the coaster! I am so jealous, I keep hoping since they did a lot of TM previews yesterday and APs' today, just maybe, fingers and toes crossed, we might get an epic ride! lol But if not I am OK, I'll def ride in November when we go again!

If they do a sneak peek the rest of the parks will be empty! I wouldn't mind that.

I decided last night that I should have listened to my inner voice and booked both nights of the meet up in June. I did both nights with my daughter in December 2019 and we had a great time being able to come back the next day to try things we missed, but I knew it would be a tough sell to get my husband to agree for the 4 of us. I emailed OI last night to be added to the waitlist for Saturday. Fingers crossed!
Oh man, I hope you guys get in for Saturday night!! I know a lot of people were switching dates and such for Dec and probably some will cancel because whatever reasons, so let's hope you get in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

33 Days and Counting
I am so ready for this vacation! I just finished my finals this week for this term and have until the end of June off before I start summer classes so this is so needed! Of course our a/c decided to quit working yesterday and we have been getting quotes to extend our patio, cover and screen it in, because I need a relaxation place at home too! Now this a/c thing is putting a wrench in my spending money for the trip and possibly my patio. GRRRR! I am hoping the a/c fix is free or cheap due to still under warranty. Either way we are going to have a blast in June!!!

I’ve been reading about how crazy busy the parks have been recently. So glad I took the plunge and bought our first meetup tickets last spring! We leave in 28 days!! Graduation celebration for my daughter (or maybe me since I’m the Universal nut and just finished putting two kids through college :)). We will be doing our first visit to volcano bay on Thursday and then first time at a meetup Friday and Saturday nights. A lot of firsts for someone who’s been a passholder off and on for the last 15 years. Can’t wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter